FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

Shadowfactor Jun 29, 19 9:36 am

This is not my datapoint but rather someoneís in a FB group I belong to.

Purchased June 21st credit posted next day.

They claim it was for a giftcard, but I canít confirm as I personally donít know this person.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...dca3a4b7c.jpeg

dezcutit Jun 29, 19 3:39 pm

If you check the southwest thread, credits haven't been posting over there either. My Saks purchase from the 22nd hasn't been reimbursed either. Seems there is some sort of a quarterly delay going on, nothing to worry about.. Might take a few weeks but we will be reimbursed, seems like all credits are delayed ejfhr now. AMEX formally says 2-4 weeks.

bradpitch92 Jun 29, 19 4:13 pm

My saks gift card purchase posted on the 24th and i was credited on the 27th.

inspiration100 Jun 30, 19 12:44 pm

Purchased gift card through link for $50 on 6/23 and no refund yet. I think this is dead.

cfabar1 Jun 30, 19 1:21 pm

I get the sense after my experience that they are cutting back the types of expenses that can be reimbursed.

Eees Jun 30, 19 2:50 pm

I agree, Delta gift cards appear dead.

AMEX did not give me a statement credit for Delta gift cards I purchased. I purchased 2 $50 Delta gift cards from the link on 6/23. They code as Document Type: Passenger Ticket from LAX to LAX on my statement.

Posts on reddit make it look like the gift card option dried up within the last week.

Edit: I canít link to the reddit discussion due to my post count being too low.

Global Adventurer Jun 30, 19 3:27 pm

Both of my pending $100 e-gift card transactions from yesterday, posted today as Delta Airlines, Atlanta Airport, Passenger/Delta Ticket # (actual gift card number) $100. Looks like I'm not getting reimbursed :(

chrisfwm Jul 1, 19 5:16 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO (Post 31250020)
May I suggest that folks post their completed data points. I don't see much value in creating separate posts promising a DP in the future, but nothing useful at the time of posting.

thats actually impossible because last step (reimbursement) may never happen.

free_whine Jul 1, 19 5:35 am

Originally Posted by free_whine (Post 31242046)
Card: Amex platinum (Schwab co-brand)
Selected DL on 6/21
Posted 6/22
Purchased 1x $50 eGift using link in wiki
Posted as LAX-LAX flight
No reimbursement
Meter has not moved

Update: credit posted today (7/1). I had used the eGift to apply against a $274 ticket. Remaining $224 posted as "additional collection" and was reimbursed. Unclear whether additional collection or eGift triggered credit.

I think Q2-Q3 expenses hypothesis is correct.

Hkwisdom Jul 1, 19 6:15 am

Originally Posted by free_whine (Post 31257521)
Update: credit posted today (7/1). I had used the eGift to apply against a $274 ticket. Remaining $224 posted as "additional collection" and was reimbursed. Unclear whether additional collection or eGift triggered credit.

I think Q2-Q3 expenses hypothesis is correct.

How much did you get reimbursed. If $50, it matches the eGift amount. If $200, it means your $224 additional collection expense triggered the $200 Credit.

free_whine Jul 1, 19 7:09 am

$200, though it doesn't say if it is $200 against the ticket balance or $50+$150.

TheVig Jul 1, 19 7:21 am

On 6/27 around 1030pm EST I booked two round trip tickets online to Philly for me and the wife for a trip coming up in October. After applying 3 gift cards, got the total down to $351.00 for the both of us.

A charge for $250.50 and $100.50 posted 6/29. On 6/30 when I logged into my Amex Platinum account, I see "AMEX Airline Fee Reimbursement" for $100.50

I was not expecting my purchase of legit tickets to trigger the reimbursement. I'm not mad, just wasn't expecting it.

bradpitch92 Jul 1, 19 8:10 am

I'm pretty sure the GC reimbursement is dead now. Still no credit for $50 GC purchase on 6/24, but on 6/28 used Platinum to pay for $5.60 fee associated with award ticket purchases. I received the credit for the $5.60 fee today.

The purchase details for the GC say passenger ticket, and for the $5.60 fee say additional collection.

What seems interesting is the above couple data points. It seems that if you apply some gift cards to a normal $$ purchase of tickets, then the remaining amount will code as 'additional collection' and it could trigger the credit?

Zorak Jul 1, 19 8:36 am

Originally Posted by bradpitch92 (Post 31257917)
What seems interesting is the above couple data points. It seems that if you apply some gift cards to a normal $$ purchase of tickets, then the remaining amount will code as 'additional collection' and it could trigger the credit?

Yes. There are scattered data points going back even further in the thread, and I added a section to the wiki a couple weeks ago. There is some as-yet-unknown range on the dollar amounts and/or other random factor involved, as not all such add/collect amounts have been reimbursed.

Hkwisdom Jul 1, 19 9:10 am

My understand is if $50 eGift triggered the credit. you should receive one $50 reimburse and one $150 for the your $224 additional collection expense. It looks like GC is dead