FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

xenoverse May 4, 2019 1:00 am

False alarm, I used iPad to visit and remember it used to go to the same desktop site thus I thought the site changed. Maybe I remembered it wrong.

MaxVO May 4, 2019 1:43 am

Originally Posted by xenoverse (Post 31065525)
Looks like Delta made some changes to their gift car website...

What's the URL of that website?
(just to complete your DP)

xenoverse May 4, 2019 5:36 am

Delta.com -> More -> Gift Cards.

The URL is different and the site also looks different now.

https://buy.giftcards.delta.com/store/buy/recipient

mia May 4, 2019 5:47 am

This is using a desktop browser rather than a mobile device?

If Delta has created a separate merchant to sell gift cards it is very unlikely they will be reimbursed, because they are not purchases from Delta Airlines.

rrosebr May 4, 2019 8:12 am

Purchased 4, $50 gift cards via desktop site on May 2nd. Posted immediately and cleared the following day as DELTA AIR LINES ATLANTA. Now when I click on details they show as passenger tickets with a ticket number also listed. Seems like this won't get refunded...

hellointer May 4, 2019 8:18 am

Originally Posted by xenoverse (Post 31065525)
Looks like Delta made some changes to their gift car website. The transaction now shows Delta Airlines GC instead of Delta Airlines.

Before:
Delta Air Lines
Travel - Airline

Now:
Delta Air Lines GC
Merchandise & Supplies - Internet Purchase

not sure if this will still get reimbursed. I’ll report back once it does or does not after a few days.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c681bb259.jpeg

wait for your feedback...Just select Delta...

xenoverse May 4, 2019 10:40 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31066009)
This is using a desktop browser rather than a mobile device?

If Delta has created a separate merchant to sell gift cards it is very unlikely they will be reimbursed, because they are not purchases from Delta Airlines.

Good point, false alarm! Sorry for the trouble.

I used iPad to purchase. As far as I remember, visiting the gift card web site on iPad used to go to the same desktop website too. Maybe I remembered it wrong.

dlflyer00 May 4, 2019 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by rrosebr (Post 31066297)
Purchased 4, $50 gift cards via desktop site on May 2nd. Posted immediately and cleared the following day as DELTA AIR LINES ATLANTA. Now when I click on details they show as passenger tickets with a ticket number also listed. Seems like this won't get refunded...

I had an LAX-LAX purchase get refunded very recently, FWIW. So long as the amount is $50 you should be fine.

rrosebr May 5, 2019 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by dlflyer00 (Post 31067236)

I had an LAX-LAX purchase get refunded very recently, FWIW. So long as the amount is $50 you should be fine.

You are correct! Credits posted today!

krazykanuck May 5, 2019 9:36 pm

Delta $50 GCs are a bit of a pain but you can call in and use as many GCs as the phone rep is willing to deal with, compared with the max of 3 online! :D couple days ago I cashed out $450 worth (9x $50) calling and booking a flight for work. I lucked out with a great rep who didn't care that I had an absurd number of GCs. Delta also doesn't have a phone booking fee, so just figure out what you want online and call and feed them the flight numbers.

koreanair720 May 6, 2019 11:01 am

The LAX to LAX "ticket" just refunded. :)

HawaiiO May 7, 2019 4:05 pm

Delta doesnt let us combine the giftcards now into one big giftcard?
Just tried and Delta said cant combine. :(

JTOP May 8, 2019 7:38 am

So just to confirm- has anyone ordered Delta Gift Cards recently (understand 4x50, desktop) and received the reimbursement by AMEX Platinum? My selected airline is currently AA--hoping AMEX will allow a change to Delta to still get the credit. If DL isn't working, will try Southwest. Thanks to all for the assistance.

mia May 8, 2019 7:53 am

Originally Posted by JTOP (Post 31079239)
...recently ...

koreanair720 reported purchase on May 3, reimbursement on May 6. Is that not recent?

gooselee May 8, 2019 8:59 am

Originally Posted by HawaiiO (Post 31077367)
Delta doesnt let us combine the giftcards now into one big giftcard?
Just tried and Delta said cant combine. :(

I don't think DL has ever allowed the reissue of several small giftcards into one large one.

In terms of actually *using* the GCs for flights, you can use up to three of them online, and several people here report you can use more (I think someone just was able to use 9 of them) by calling in. Net result is the same - you can redeem value from multiple GCs for a single purchase.