FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

MaxVO Jul 22, 19 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Diplomatico (Post 31327641)
Stopped working, by most estimates, on or about 22 June 2019.

I'll add this part to the Wiki to prevent needless disappointment. When we have sufficient confidence that the split payment option is not a transient phenomenon, that can be added to the Wiki as well.

danhouston Jul 22, 19 8:39 am

Originally Posted by idkmybffjill (Post 31328426)
I just got the AMEX business platinum.

What's the latest consensus here for the airline credit? You need to buy a partial gift card that makes the remainder of the flight ticket cost (which will be charged to the card) be less than $100? And it will trigger the flight credit? Is that for only Delta or both Delta & Southwest? I'm assuming nothing works for AA.

don't think a split pymt with GC is needed

aasaeedi Jul 22, 19 8:59 am

Originally Posted by jlagoon (Post 31328512)
Would you let us know, if you got a credit for it, please?

Sure thing. will keep you posted.

danhouston Jul 22, 19 10:31 am

Originally Posted by aasaeedi (Post 31328311)
Oh, that's a bummer :( I am new to the Platinum card, and this forum. The pinned post still says that the eGifts are credited if purchased through the desktop site. So I went ahead and bought one today :(

So what are the current options to use the Airline credit towards tickets?

GC is likely dead for good

aasaeedi Jul 22, 19 10:48 am

Originally Posted by danhouston (Post 31329919)
GC is likely dead for good

Can someone share if there are other ways to get any credits back for ticket purchases? I have seen some references here in the past, but it is not clear how that was achieved or if it still works.

mia Jul 22, 19 10:58 am

Originally Posted by aasaeedi (Post 31329976)
Can someone share if there are other ways to get any credits back for ticket purchases? ....

This is the primary topic of discussion since late June. If you scroll back a few weeks and read forward you will know what we know -and- what is still uncertain.

aasaeedi Jul 22, 19 11:06 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31330004)
This is the primary topic of discussion since late June. If you scroll back a few weeks and read forward you will know what we know -and- what is still uncertain.

Well that's not true. This would only work when people provide updates of their experiences regularly. If you just scroll, you would see numerous occasions of people reporting positive reports on GCs. Take my case for example: I did find this page a while ago and based on that went ahead and bought an eGift. But I will not get it back. Folks were kind enough to take my feedback and update the pinned wiki so that no one else makes the same mistake. So I think it matters that people update their experiences regularly.

Thanks,

mia Jul 22, 19 11:20 am

If you read posts from July 2019 you will find exactly what you asked about. For example, you might start HERE and read every post there after.

aasaeedi Jul 22, 19 11:25 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31330098)
If you read posts from July 2019 you will find exactly what you asked about. For example, you might start HERE and read every post there after.

Thanks. This looks promising. Hope they don't block it.

idkmybffjill Jul 22, 19 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31330098)

Your link does not work.

MaxVO Jul 22, 19 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by idkmybffjill (Post 31330801)
Your link does not work.

The link sends you to post 1650, i.e. mia suggests that you read the last 100 posts.

mia Jul 22, 19 3:21 pm

I have tested the link using a different computer than the one on which I created it, and it works correctly. In any event MaxVO is correct, post 1650 includes an early July report of successful reimbursement of a split tender transaction. Subsequent discussion has explored variants.

nomiiiii Jul 22, 19 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by fobster (Post 31308028)
Long time lurker here. Recently switched to DL. Switched my Plat to DL from AA in June on top of Hilton Aspire just in time for them to stop GC reimbursement. Below are my experience.
... removed ....

Did you do the final step of this refundable thing, and did that result in any adverse action e.g. clawbacks?

iluvdoco Jul 22, 19 3:46 pm

Has anyone tried purchasing a DL gift card from a DL lounge? Wondering if that would qualify for the GC reimbursement

Statman Jul 22, 19 6:26 pm

Award tickets fees are still reimbursed. Used points for two award flights and the award fees for both tickets were $59.05. Both charges reimbursed by Amex two days after the purchase.