FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

bradpitch92 Jul 2, 19 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by jmatamala (Post 31263037)
Yes. The statement credit excludes giftcards, yet it worked...

this isnít the same credit that most of us have been talking about however. Much less important. Still interesting DP

808traveler Jul 3, 19 8:30 am

Originally Posted by jmatamala (Post 31263037)
Yes. The statement credit excludes giftcards, yet it worked...

Originally Posted by bradpitch92 (Post 31264063)

this isnít the same credit that most of us have been talking about however. Much less important. Still interesting DP

Yes this is different. Not really an interesting DP either because this sort of credit has been working with the DL CCs since before.

However, on TPG i noticed that somebody commented they bought 3 DL GCs on 6/25 and one of them was reimbursed on 6/29. Makes me wonder if they bought with a DL CC (I'm guessing DL gold) , or an amex plat/gold/aspire? They didn't specify. Here's the link: https://disqus.com/by/disqus_Uif6ldHWa8/?

808traveler Jul 3, 19 8:43 am

Originally Posted by jerryhze (Post 31258315)
My DP:
Platinum: 6/21 $50 x 4, credit posted 6/22
Aspire #1 : 6/21 $50 x 5, credit NOT posted yet
Aspire #2 : 6/21 $50 x 5, credit NOT posted yet
Purchased these within 10 minutes time frame. 3 accounts under 3 different names.

interesting DP, did you purchase the GCs in the same order you listed them here? If so, my guess is that the subsequent charges were delayed by DL as a fraud/accident prevention measure. Common automated practice when there are multiple charges by same user (IP address?) and same item/timeframe. Hence the latter 2 charges fell into the post 6/22-6/23 bracket, and weren't reimbursed.

brushrop03 Jul 3, 19 9:08 am

I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a $50 gc today with my Platinum card for the DP. Fingers crossed, but I still have the Aspire credits to fall back on.

pjs Jul 3, 19 3:44 pm

When I saw there was a possibility of GCs not being reimbursed anymore on Saturday morning, I went ahead and paid the same day change fee $75 on my Amex Gold (had the full $100 credit still to use). It posted Sunday and was reimbursed Monday. Makes me think that GCs are no longer working for the fee credit based on lack of data points saying otherwise.

MaxVO Jul 4, 19 12:09 am

If the DL situation is not revived, will there be just one airline left whose GC's get reimbursed?

sw52387 Jul 4, 19 7:03 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO (Post 31267963)
If the DL situation is not revived, will there be just one airline left whose GC's get reimbursed?

Whatís left? Southwest isnít posting credits either.

jlaw212 Jul 4, 19 3:24 pm

Looks like all gift card options are no longer working for AMEX at this time. Question. I have a existing reservation in coach...if I upgrade my seats to first class or comfort plus and pay with my amex platinum, will that trigger the AMEX reimbursement?

MaxVO Jul 4, 19 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by sw52387 (Post 31268706)

Whatís left? Southwest isnít posting credits either.

Ouch, I wasn't aware of that.
This change just removed a major chunk of value out of AmEx premium cards. :td:

Global Adventurer Jul 4, 19 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by jlaw212 (Post 31270057)
Looks like all gift card options are no longer working for AMEX at this time. Question. I have a existing reservation in coach...if I upgrade my seats to first class or comfort plus and pay with my amex platinum, will that trigger the AMEX reimbursement?

Scroll back up and see a similar situation posed by another poster. I was also thinking of upgrading to comfort but don't want to take a chance. So, I am planning on paying for a seat selection to the emergency row and buy some in-flight food/beverages for reimbursement.

jeonpark94 Jul 5, 19 9:18 am

I've been keeping up with this forum solely for this GC issue we've been having, and I think it may interesting to point out that we've had one positive DP past the initial 6/22-6/23 threshold.

"Purchased $50 Delta Gift Card with Hilton Aspire Amex on 6/25 and was reimbursed on 6/27."

It comes from the latest TPG speaking about how this airline credit GC trick isn't working anymore. Can't post direct URL (new user) but easily searchable. Don't know how reliable the DP is, but then again, how reliable is any DP if it's self-reported. Maybe there's some hope?

808traveler Jul 5, 19 11:21 am

Originally Posted by jeonpark94 (Post 31272197)
I've been keeping up with this forum solely for this GC issue we've been having, and I think it may interesting to point out that we've had one positive DP past the initial 6/22-6/23 threshold.

"Purchased $50 Delta Gift Card with Hilton Aspire Amex on 6/25 and was reimbursed on 6/27."

It comes from the latest TPG speaking about how this airline credit GC trick isn't working anymore. Can't post direct URL (new user) but easily searchable. Don't know how reliable the DP is, but then again, how reliable is any DP if it's self-reported. Maybe there's some hope?

yes, there's also a couple of positive DPs i saw on DoC, one from USCreditcardguide

The thing that i noticed all these positive DPs have is they purchased multiple GCs in the same transaction. i believe in the USCreditcardguide example they purchased 5, and 2 were reimbursed.

jeonpark94 Jul 5, 19 11:23 am

Originally Posted by 808traveler (Post 31272593)
yes, there's also a couple of positive DPs i saw on DoC, one from USCreditcardguide

Could you quote the positive DPs? Or post links if possible?

808traveler Jul 5, 19 11:26 am

Originally Posted by jeonpark94 (Post 31272609)
Could you quote the positive DPs? Or post links if possible?

here's the link to the article Doctorofcredit

Global Adventurer Jul 6, 19 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer (Post 31258685)
Just booked a flight today using $200 worth of e-gift cards. Balance of $100.52 applied to amex. If I'm not reimbursed after this, I'll just upgrade my seats and order in-flight adult beverages and pretend I'm in first class:cool:

BREAKING NEWS - Data Point:

The above transaction I completed on July 1st, posted today (July 6), as an Airline Reimbursement for $100.52. So, partial payments work. There is hope!:o

Edit:. This was on a AMEX Platinum card. The credit card transaction originally posted as Delta Airlines Atlanta "additional collection" under document type.