FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

theranj Jun 19, 2019 7:31 am

Amex Gold Delta SkyMiles
Purchased 1-$50 Delta Gift Card online with desktop browser using Wiki link on 6/15
Posted 6/17
Reimbursed 6/19

theranj Jun 19, 2019 7:33 am

Amex Platinum USA
Purchased 4-$50 Delta Gift Card online with desktop browser using Wiki link on 6/15, seperate transaction for each purchase
Posted 6/17
Reimbursed 6/19

With this, my previous post above, and 2-$50 gift cards from Amex Gold (I just upgraded to Platinum last week), now sitting at $350 total in 7-Delta gift cards

dosco449 Jun 19, 2019 7:42 am

Just wanted to post, as I have been following this thread.

Ordered multiple $50 Delta e-gift cards (in separate transactions) from Delta.com (desktop) between May 17 through May 28. Each of them posted and was reimbursed within a few business days. Amex Platinum here.

cfabar1 Jun 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Recently bought a seat upgrade through the DL app, was surprised to not be reimbursed, which is okay I suppose. I’ll just do the spend in another way at some point. IN the past, App seat change fees were reimburseable through Amex.

Zorak Jun 19, 2019 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1 (Post 31220352)
Recently bought a seat upgrade through the DL app, was surprised to not be reimbursed, which is okay I suppose. I’ll just do the spend in another way at some point. IN the past, App seat change fees were reimburseable through Amex.

What was the dollar amount?

MaxVO Jun 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1 (Post 31220352)

It should be reimbursable. I'd ask AmEx to apply the credit.
Btw, claiming it's ok while posting a complaint is rather passive-aggressive. ;)

cfabar1 Jun 19, 2019 5:48 pm

I was more posting so that FT members might be aware for their own travel circumstances.

I suppose I could call Amex and ask them to apply the credit. The total was about $129 I believe.

gooselee Jun 19, 2019 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1 (Post 31220448)
I was more posting so that FT members might be aware for their own travel circumstances.

I suppose I could call Amex and ask them to apply the credit. The total was about $129 I believe.

If you do call, be sure to call it a seat *assignment* fee and not a seat *upgrade* fee.

Enigma368 Jun 21, 2019 7:52 pm

Why does a $7 drink purchase on a flight trigger a full $100 reimbursement but to buy a gift card, you have to buy $100 worth(or 2 x $50)>

Can you buy an award ticket, pay the $5-ish taxes on the card and then cancel the ticket after 24 hours? Does anything like that work. I know I can buy the gift cards but just wondering if there is a better way. I have no upcoming Delta flights.

gooselee Jun 21, 2019 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368 (Post 31227410)
Why does a $7 drink purchase on a flight trigger a full $100 reimbursement but to buy a gift card, you have to buy $100 worth(or 2 x $50)>

Can you buy an award ticket, pay the $5-ish taxes on the card and then cancel the ticket after 24 hours? Does anything like that work. I know I can buy the gift cards but just wondering if there is a better way. I have no upcoming Delta flights.

The $7 for $100 thing only applies to the sign-up incentives where you get a statement credit after first purchase (of any amount). Most of this thread is instead about the annual airline fee credits some cards provide.

If you don't spend $ on DL, it may be worth looking into selecting a different airline for the airline fee credits.

mia Jun 21, 2019 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368 (Post 31227410)
Why does a $7 drink purchase on a flight trigger a full $100 reimbursement but to buy a gift card, you have to buy $100 worth(or 2 x $50)....

Different cards.

The $mall purchases are made with Delta co-branded cards which offer a credit for any Delta purchase. These reports do not really belong in this thread.

The $50 giftcard purchases are made with American Express Gold or Platinum charge cards -or- with the Hilton Aspire cred card,

Enigma368 Jun 21, 2019 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31227583)
Different cards.

The $mall purchases are made with Delta co-branded cards which offer a credit for any Delta purchase. These reports do not really belong in this thread.

The $50 giftcard purchases are made with American Express Gold or Platinum charge cards -or- with the Hilton Aspire cred card,

Got it thanks. I'm in the wrong thread. I have the Delta branded card.

jdwood421 Jun 25, 2019 9:09 am

A little concerned and trying to understand what (if anything) I did wrong:

Purchased 1 x $50 with my wife's AmEx Gold and everything worked like a charm. Credit registered 2 days after charge posted.

Then...I purchased 1 x $50 with my Aspire. The pending charge officially posted on June 21, but still showing with the "Passenger Ticket" label. I purchased on the desktop site and followed all guidelines. Still no credit as of June 25...third business day. Looks like all recent data points show credit posting 2 business days later. I'm concerned I did something wrong that caused it to actually POST as "Passenger Ticket", but no idea where I screwed up. Thoughts?

phenochop Jun 25, 2019 9:20 am

Bought 2 x $50 on 6/20, both charges posted on 6/22 first as a Delta Airlines Atlanta, and now details were added making it an LAX-LAX passenger ticket. Hopefully it posts today or tomorrow...

EasternTraveler Jun 25, 2019 7:29 pm

1 x $100 reimbursed.

Stop doing the 2x50 since 1x100 works now.