FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

caesarsalad Jul 8, 19 8:04 am

Another partial payment DP (Amex Gold):
7/1 Delta GC purchased ($50)
7/3 Delta GC purchase posted
7/5 Delta airfare purchased ($168.60 plus $50 GC)
7/7 Delta airfare purchase posted (document type: additional collection)
7/7 Counter decreased from $100 to $0
7/9 $100 credit posted in one transaction

danhouston Jul 8, 19 8:37 am

Originally Posted by caesarsalad (Post 31281259)
Another partial payment DP (Amex Gold):
7/1 Delta GC purchased ($50)
7/3 Delta GC purchase posted
7/5 Delta airfare purchased ($168.60 plus $50 GC)
7/7 Delta airfare purchase posted (document type: additional collection)
7/7 Counter decreased from $100 to $0
7/9 $100 credit posted in one transaction

strange that DL's fare purch >$100 got reimbursed but not with WN's...

mia Jul 8, 19 8:55 am

Originally Posted by danhouston (Post 31281380)
strange that DL's fare purch >$100 got reimbursed but not with WN's...

The transaction amount is one variable. The way the airline codes the transaction is another.

jarza Jul 8, 19 4:12 pm

6/23 Delta GC purchased ($50)
6/23 Delta GC purchased ($50)
7/8 No credit received

thebat Jul 9, 19 6:49 am

I bought a DL $50 gift card on 7/1/19, did not get reimbursed. I have to admit I was a little behind on my reading of this forum. I was pretty surprised to find that the benefit had ended. But, after reading farther, I used the partial pay method, I booked a $469 flight, payed $400 with DL gift cards and used my Amex Gold card for the balance. I was reimbursed the $69 in two days. So maybe there is hope for tbis program, but using it fully can become pretty convoluted.

cfabar1 Jul 9, 19 6:52 am

Based on thebat’s comment, Do I understand that startingnow Delta GIft cards of. ANY amount are not eligible?

lax01 Jul 9, 19 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by thebat (Post 31284845)
I bought a DL $50 gift card on 7/1/19, did not get reimbursed. I have to admit I was a little behind on my reading of this forum. I was pretty surprised to find that the benefit had ended. But, after reading farther, I used the partial pay method, I booked a $469 flight, payed $400 with DL gift cards and used my Amex Gold card for the balance. I was reimbursed the $69 in two days. So maybe there is hope for tbis program, but using it fully can become pretty convoluted.

Gift cards were never a benefit...it was a loophole found - they may have closed that loop hole

jjezttt Jul 9, 19 1:20 pm

Physical GC?

Anyone tried purchasing physical GC post-6/22? They've worked before- see posts around March 12, 2019.

cfabar1 Jul 9, 19 2:18 pm

As more and more of these so-called loopholes get closed, it becomes harder to justify this airline credit - especially for those of us who already have elite status or benefits, fly first regularly, etc.

thebat Jul 9, 19 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1 (Post 31284854)
Based on thebatís comment, Do I understand that startingnow Delta GIft cards of. ANY amount are not eligible?

Yes, that seems to be the case.

Gabe Sanders Jul 10, 19 2:29 am

Bought 4 Delta Giftcards worth $50 each. Separate purchases. Amex Plat.

7/6 bought 4x $50 GC
7/7 only one $50 Amex credit posted

nothing after that

red5jm Jul 10, 19 9:37 am

Airline Fee credit for "premium beverage" in Delta Sky Club?

Since it seems like the Amex Gold/Platinum airline incidentals credit being is no longer being triggered by a Delta gift card purchase, I am trying to think of ways to use our Amex Gold Card credit for an upcoming trip.

My wife are flying KLM business class from MSP, so we will get access to the Delta lounge on our way out of town. Will the purchase of a "premium beverage" in the Delta Sky Club trigger the credit? I have seen some conflicting reports on this from some searching online.

I can't think of another way to use the credit before the year is up, since we aren't planning on flying on Delta this calendar year. And buying a fun glass of champagne or Johnnie Walker blue label to celebrate our big trip is certainly better than losing the credit.

uppereastsider Jul 10, 19 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by red5jm (Post 31289213)
Since it seems like the Amex Gold/Platinum airline incidentals credit being is no longer being triggered by a Delta gift card purchase, I am trying to think of ways to use our Amex Gold Card credit for an upcoming trip.

My wife are flying KLM business class from MSP, so we will get access to the Delta lounge on our way out of town. Will the purchase of a "premium beverage" in the Delta Sky Club trigger the credit? I have seen some conflicting reports on this from some searching online.

I can't think of another way to use the credit before the year is up, since we aren't planning on flying on Delta this calendar year. And buying a fun glass of champagne or Johnnie Walker blue label to celebrate our big trip is certainly better than losing the credit.

At least for the JFK Skyclub, it codes as Delta Sky Club and food/beverage and doesn't trigger the credit since it's not Delta or airline charge

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...cb094551d4.png

zorbachs Jul 10, 19 2:01 pm

What a disaster. I know some years I spend my credit organically (lounge guest fees, in flight drinks, seat upgrades), but other years, I just cash them out on gift cards to use in the future.

From the sound of it, if you pay with a giftcard and then your Platinum card, that triggers the credit? I suppose I can just buy a gift card, apply it to a future flight, and try to trigger the credit then.

Shadowfactor Jul 10, 19 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by uppereastsider (Post 31290037)
At least for the JFK Skyclub, it codes as Delta Sky Club and food/beverage and doesn't trigger the credit since it's not Delta or airline charge

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...cb094551d4.png

a call to Amex would get that credited. Airline clubs are within the T&C so it should be easy enough to get those purchases credited manually.