FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

mia Dec 31, 15 6:47 pm

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019)
 
RESET

steve4 Jan 1, 16 8:56 am

Anyone purchase Delta Gift Cards with the AMEX Premier Rewards Gold and get reimbursed ?

rocco24 Jan 1, 16 11:38 am


Originally Posted by steve4 (Post 25945139)
Anyone purchase Delta Gift Cards with the AMEX Premier Rewards Gold and get reimbursed ?

Yes pretty much all of us for last year

steve4 Jan 1, 16 1:10 pm


Originally Posted by rocco24 (Post 25945710)
Yes pretty much all of us for last year

I'm thinking of getting the $100 Gift Card. Is it better to get this one or two $50 Cards with regard to ease of reimbursement ?

KENNECTED Jan 1, 16 3:00 pm


Originally Posted by steve4 (Post 25945139)
Anyone purchase Delta Gift Cards with the AMEX Premier Rewards Gold and get reimbursed ?

Yes.

KENNECTED Jan 1, 16 3:02 pm


Originally Posted by steve4 (Post 25946039)
I'm thinking of getting the $100 Gift Card. Is it better to get this one or two $50 Cards with regard to ease of reimbursement ?

Have you read the wiki and the collective information in this thread?

@:-)@:-)@:-)

steve4 Jan 1, 16 4:32 pm


Originally Posted by KENNECTED (Post 25946434)
Have you read the wiki and the collective information in this thread?

@:-)@:-)@:-)

Just did, thx

rpjones68 Jan 2, 16 8:27 am

4x$50 ecerts purchased 12/30 reimbursed 1/1.

kxc262 Jan 2, 16 11:35 am

4x $50 ecerts purchased on 12/29. Reimbursed showed up 1/2.

mooper Jan 2, 16 12:27 pm


Originally Posted by rpjones68 (Post 25949001)
4x$50 ecerts purchased 12/30 reimbursed 1/1.


Originally Posted by kxc262 (Post 25949666)
4x $50 ecerts purchased on 12/29. Reimbursed showed up 1/2.

These are standard turnaround times (a couple business days to a couple weeks). Best to report only outliers at this point. Thanks.

smartsam Jan 2, 16 12:35 pm

Purchased 4X50 delta eGift cards on 12/30/2015. Reimbursed on 1/1/2016. Confirmed with amex that the credit benefit is considered for 2015, not 2016 as the transactions were posted in 2015.

bizum Jan 2, 16 12:50 pm


Originally Posted by smartsam (Post 25949925)
Purchased 4X50 delta eGift cards on 12/30/2015. Reimbursed on 1/1/2016. Confirmed with amex that the credit benefit is considered for 2015, not 2016 as the transactions were posted in 2015.

nice, I had the same question about a credit posting in early jan for a late dec purchase.

brazzleman Jan 2, 16 2:05 pm


Originally Posted by bizum (Post 25949980)
nice, I had the same question about a credit posting in early jan for a late dec purchase.

Similar question. Purchased 12/31, posted 1/1; the plan was to have applied to 2015 benefits. If it gets applied to 2016, can reps fix this?

jmsnyc Jan 2, 16 9:08 pm

I purchased $100 eGift card on Dec 22, don't see any credit yet.... Should I complain to AMEX

crap - I just read Wiki

gtolj2 Jan 2, 16 9:17 pm


Originally Posted by bizum
nice, I had the same question about a credit posting in early jan for a late dec purchase.
Also interested to hear this answer; I was really disappointed when the two charges posted for 1/1.

UPDATE (1/4): Credit for both $50 e-certs posted today; called Amex and was told that the credit was taken from the 2015 balance and I still have my untouched 2016 balance to use this year.

GoHogsAR Jan 3, 16 10:52 am


Originally Posted by brazzleman (Post 25950280)
Similar question. Purchased 12/31, posted 1/1; the plan was to have applied to 2015 benefits. If it gets applied to 2016, can reps fix this?

No. Read my post a few up from this one. It's based on the posting date, not the purchase date. Lesson learned for me.

floridagal23 Jan 3, 16 11:01 am


Originally Posted by GoHogsAR (Post 25954042)
No. Read my post a few up from this one. It's based on the posting date, not the purchase date. Lesson learned for me.

This wasn't the case for us. Just sorted this out for purchases on 12/31/14 with two different agents, two different cards. Got the 2014 credit applied and 2015 credits were available for use.

GoHogsAR Jan 3, 16 11:16 am


Originally Posted by floridagal23 (Post 25954089)
This wasn't the case for us. Just sorted this out for purchases on 12/31/14 with two different agents, two different cards. Got the 2014 credit applied and 2015 credits were available for use.

Interesting. Guess I should have HUCA.

soxfanndc Jan 3, 16 6:46 pm

just circling back to thank the members of this forum. If I'd relied SOLELY on Amex I would have been resigned to think that the credit was not usable towards a FC UG offer. Lo and behold, as reported here, it IS. So thankful for this forum.

So I charged $191 worth of UG offers on 12/28. The purchases posted on 12/29 and was reimbursed on 1/1. Confirmed w/ Amex that it counts towards '15 credit and yes it does.

THANKS AGAIN forum. VERY helpful!!!!

floridagal23 Jan 3, 16 6:54 pm


Originally Posted by GoHogsAR (Post 25954152)
Interesting. Guess I should have HUCA.

You need to be very clear with them. Mr Floridagal and my mom both called and were each separately told that they used their 2015 credit on Jan 1 or Jan 2 of this year. I then figured out what had happened and called back to explain.

jmsnyc Jan 3, 16 11:38 pm


Originally Posted by GoHogsAR (Post 25954042)
No. Read my post a few up from this one. It's based on the posting date, not the purchase date. Lesson learned for me.

Its the date the initial transaction posts. Not the date the credit posts? Right?

JamminFlyer Jan 4, 16 7:38 am

2016 Credit
 
Purchased four $50 Delta e-gift certificates on 1/1/15.
Purchases hit my AMEX account on 1/2/15.
Credit from AMEX hit my account on 1/3/15.

floridagal23 Jan 4, 16 7:41 am


Originally Posted by jmsnyc (Post 25957138)
Its the date the initial transaction posts. Not the date the credit posts? Right?

It should be the date that you initiated the purchase but it seems ymmv.

bludevil Jan 4, 16 9:15 am


Originally Posted by JamminFlyer (Post 25958252)
Purchased four $50 Delta e-gift certificates on 1/1/15.
Purchases hit my AMEX account on 1/2/15.
Credit from AMEX hit my account on 1/3/15.

do you mean 2016? I'm trying to figure out if I can go ahead and buy my gift cards for this year (2016)

sethb Jan 4, 16 9:19 am


Originally Posted by bludevil (Post 25958679)
do you mean 2016? I'm trying to figure out if I can go ahead and buy my gift cards for this year (2016)

It's early in 2016, so of course you can. You don't risk it taking until 2017 to post, right?

bizum Jan 4, 16 11:58 am

purchase date
 

Originally Posted by floridagal23 (Post 25958258)
It should be the date that you initiated the purchase but it seems ymmv.

In my case it looks like it was based on purchase date

dec 31 - purchased gift cert for AS
jan 1st - changed my airline selection to DL
jan 3rd - reimbursement posted

steve4 Jan 4, 16 5:02 pm

Purchased two $50 Delta EGift Certificates online on 1/1. Posted on 1/2 and received a $100 credit on 1/3 (AMEX PRG). I wish I had done this last month to get the credit for 2015 as well since I just received the card in October, but I didn't know that the PRG Airline credit worked just like the Platinum card (credit by calendar year) until it was too late. Oh well, I guess you can't win them all.

Duke787 Jan 5, 16 10:04 am

Purchased two $50 Delta eGift Certificates online on 1/2 in the same transaction (per the wiki). Posted on 1/3 (as two separate $50 transactions). Received $100 credit on 1/4 (AMEX PRG)

VisaW Jan 5, 16 11:05 am

Purchased three $50 GCs on 12/23, received statement credits on 12/28.

rocco24 Jan 5, 16 11:22 am

I canceled my platinum card yesterday after receiving the $200 airlines credit and I got 300 refunded back of my $450 annual fees. :)

Beckles Jan 6, 16 10:09 am


Originally Posted by soxfanndc (Post 25956081)
just circling back to thank the members of this forum. If I'd relied SOLELY on Amex I would have been resigned to think that the credit was not usable towards a FC UG offer. Lo and behold, as reported here, it IS. So thankful for this forum.

So I charged $191 worth of UG offers on 12/28. The purchases posted on 12/29 and was reimbursed on 1/1. Confirmed w/ Amex that it counts towards '15 credit and yes it does.

THANKS AGAIN forum. VERY helpful!!!!

I've been using this benefit since its inception, in my experience AMEX's implementation has always been more generous than the written rules (not just with Delta), this is a good thing for cardholders.

You will get reimbursed for everything AMEX says you will. You may get reimbursed for things AMEX says you won't.

npf125 Jan 6, 16 10:40 am


Originally Posted by Beckles (Post 25971743)
You will get reimbursed for everything AMEX says you will. You may get reimbursed for things AMEX says you won't.

True, and it isn't as if AMEX has no awareness of the issue from forums like this. But loopholes do become an issue when the information about them becomes more widely available. For example, one of the Boarding Area forums today has the following headline: "$50 e-gift card sweet spot for AMEX Platinum card Delta 'Airline fee reimbursement' 2016 (personal and business)." Now the odds are greater the the loophole changes from being only a FT sub-forum topic to something AMEX may no longer ignore.

Macosty Jan 6, 16 4:01 pm

Did $100 on PRG that posted on Jan 3 for delta - still awaiting credit. Did Platinum for southwest same day but posted on the 2nd and got credit on the 3rd.....weird that they would give one credit so quickly and not the other.

njmama Jan 6, 16 5:26 pm

Delta Gift Card Question
 
Has anyone had any success getting a credit for a 200 gift card purchase? Is there any point in chatting AMEX?

Macosty Jan 8, 16 8:01 am

Anyone have a $100 delta gc get credited on their PRG yet this year? I had a $100 SW gc on my plat go through but the $100 delta on my PRG has not come through after 5 days...wondering if I should have done $50?

mooper Jan 8, 16 8:08 am


Originally Posted by Macosty (Post 25983391)
Anyone have a $100 delta gc get credited on their PRG yet this year? I had a $100 SW gc on my plat go through but the $100 delta on my PRG has not come through after 5 days...wondering if I should have done $50?


Originally Posted by njmama (Post 25974269)
Has anyone had any success getting a credit for a 200 gift card purchase? Is there any point in chatting AMEX?

Please see the Wiki for answers to all of these questions.

superpanjy Jan 8, 16 11:32 am

data point. bought $50 X 4 egift card on Jan 5th, posted on Jan 7th, reimbursement posted Jan 8th

bizum Jan 8, 16 1:05 pm

$50
 

Originally Posted by bizum (Post 25959741)
In my case it looks like it was based on purchase date

dec 31 - purchased gift cert for AS
jan 1st - changed my airline selection to DL
jan 3rd - reimbursement posted



jan 5 - purchased $50 DL egift (statement date 6th)
jan 8 - reimbursement posted (statement date 7th)

strange thing is I also see a "AIRFLIGHT INSURANCE PREMIUM" $4.99 charge on 7th???

eajusa Jan 8, 16 3:48 pm

Bought two $59 mileage boosters and one $15 priority boarding that posted on Jan.3 reimbursed Jan. 4.

mooper Jan 10, 16 12:54 pm


Originally Posted by eajusa (Post 25986474)
Bought two $59 mileage boosters and one $15 priority boarding that posted on Jan.3 reimbursed Jan. 4.


Originally Posted by bizum (Post 25985577)
jan 5 - purchased $50 DL egift (statement date 6th)
jan 8 - reimbursement posted (statement date 7th)?


Originally Posted by superpanjy (Post 25984940)
data point. bought $50 X 4 egift card on Jan 5th, posted on Jan 7th, reimbursement posted Jan 8th

All within the normal parameters listed in the Wiki. For the benefit of those who look here for notable changes, information, or help with the process, probably best to report only outliers.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:39 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.