Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:26 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by pmich
So I'm off to Wynn this weekend with their 3rd night free promotion they recently offered. I just checked my confirmation and it says that it's a "USD 100 resort credit once per stay, per room"

Doesnt seem to mention anything about spa/salon. Have they changed it because that would be a fantastic deal if i could use it for Lunch/Dinners
FHR webpage still says $100 spa. I'd call to confirm. If that's true, that would be an awesome change.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:49 am

So I'm off to Wynn this weekend with their 3rd night free promotion they recently offered. I just checked my confirmation and it says that it's a "USD 100 resort credit once per stay, per room"

Doesnt seem to mention anything about spa/salon. Have they changed it because that would be a fantastic deal if i could use it for Lunch/Dinners
This would be AMAZING if true. When did you book? I just booked 2 days ago and didn't see a promotion for 3rd night free.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by dellfanboy
This would be AMAZING if true. When did you book? I just booked 2 days ago and didn't see a promotion for 3rd night free.
I think it's up as of yesterday. Is saw it yesterday.

I mean I saw one for bellagio

Last edited by hiima; Jul 12, 2016 at 5:43 pm
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Airmiles, RBC Rewards, British Airways Avios, American Airlines Aadvantage
It was an special offer that ended June 30th for stays up to July 31st.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:24 pm

Thanks for the additional detail. Where do you "see" a promotion? I never see anything until I end up putting in dates. I've been using FHRNews but I feel like there must be a better way.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:31 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks for the additional detail. Where do you "see" a promotion? I never see anything until I end up putting in dates. I've been using FHRNews but I feel like there must be a better way.
If you go here (AmEx FHR website) and click "see more special offers" towards the bottom right, you'll see them all.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by United747
If you go here (AmEx FHR website) and click "see more special offers" towards the bottom right, you'll see them all.
MIND = BLOWN. Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Bellagio

Has something changed with the room offering at the Bellagio through FHR?

I noticed now when pricing up a stay that the next category up from a basic "Resort room" is now "strip view" (Spa tower?), while I'm pretty sure it's aways been a "fountain view".

I've always only booked a resort, and been upgraded without fail to a nice fountain view, but if this is now the case it seems the room to book now in order to get an upgrade to a fountain view, is a strip view.

Can someone confirm?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Somehow I never saw this at all - which is strange.

Everything I can see about The Wynn shows the existing $100 Spa credit and a 4th night free offer that ended in June.

Are you sure you have a Fine Hotels and Resorts rate, or is this some other promotion?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by clubman
Has something changed with the room offering at the Bellagio through FHR?

I noticed now when pricing up a stay that the next category up from a basic "Resort room" is now "strip view" (Spa tower?), while I'm pretty sure it's aways been a "fountain view".

I've always only booked a resort, and been upgraded without fail to a nice fountain view, but if this is now the case it seems the room to book now in order to get an upgrade to a fountain view, is a strip view.

Can someone confirm?
The rooms available when trying to book may not be ALL the room types in a hotel. The FHR booking site only shows the room types that are actually available for FHR bookings.

I tried a booking at a different hotel a few days ago, and the only room available was a large suite for over 5,000 euros, and that was the only room listed.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
The rooms available when trying to book may not be ALL the room types in a hotel. The FHR booking site only shows the room types that are actually available for FHR bookings.
Yes, I realise that.

What I was pointing out is that I've never seen the Strip view rooms offered on the FHR booking site before, just Standard and then next up was always fountain view so just wondered how this effects upgrades.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Airmiles, RBC Rewards, British Airways Avios, American Airlines Aadvantage
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
Somehow I never saw this at all - which is strange.

Everything I can see about The Wynn shows the existing $100 Spa credit and a 4th night free offer that ended in June.

Are you sure you have a Fine Hotels and Resorts rate, or is this some other promotion?
The 3rd night free was under "special offers" on the Canadian Platinum site. I assume it's available in the States but i'm not sure. It ended June 30th though.

It is definitely a FHR deal as that's what's on my email but it was in fact a promotion for a limited time.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Ahhhh. Likely only for Canadians.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Ahhhh. Likely only for Canadians.
I think our FHR program is the same, it's just that the Canadian website sometimes doesn't show the deal and vice versa. However, whenever I call in, the Amex rep. have no issues finding the deals that are not posted on the website.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:25 am

The sale ended in June so this is water under the bridge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.