Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by kevinbomb
Any of them specifically, Delano and Bellagio?
I used VIP check in at Bellagio. No problem
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:39 pm

When searching FHR online it shows no availability for Bellagio for the days I am looking to go, but if I search on Amextravel its open. Has anyone had luck calling in to get an FHR rate when online it shows no FHR rooms available?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:42 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by daw4888
When searching FHR online it shows no availability for Bellagio for the days I am looking to go, but if I search on Amextravel its open. Has anyone had luck calling in to get an FHR rate when online it shows no FHR rooms available?
Yes, it is worth a call, Amex can also sometimes contact the hotel and see if they are willing to make more rooms available to FHR.

What dates are you looking at? If you are looking in 2017 part of the reason may be that hotels apparently sign year-by-year contracts to participate in FHR and from what I've seen it appears the 2017 contracts aren't in place yet.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by bgriff
Yes, it is worth a call, Amex can also sometimes contact the hotel and see if they are willing to make more rooms available to FHR.

What dates are you looking at? If you are looking in 2017 part of the reason may be that hotels apparently sign year-by-year contracts to participate in FHR and from what I've seen it appears the 2017 contracts aren't in place yet.
Yup. Can't even book new years eve because it spills over to the new year.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Originally Posted by hsiaolei
I recently booked the Wynn Tower Suite through AmEx FHR. Wynn already has complimentary breakfast for two at Tableau included with the room. Is that means that I can use FHR for a very early morning breakfast in my room with the FHR breakfast credit. Then Wynn's complimentary breakfast from Tableau later in the morning? Anyone stayed in the Wynn Tower Suite can comment? Thanks,
Our experience last month was that the Tableau breakfast cost was around $28/head, so $56 for the two of us. Reception then automatically allocated the remaining $24 of credit against coffees and pastries we got at the Drugstore Cafe early morning. We felt that was more than fair.

We had an excellent stay and FHR experience - upgrade from Tower Room to suite, auto 4pm checkout offered, 4th night free, $100 spa credit. To me, this almost covered the Amex Plat fee in one stay

Oh, and as others have stated, whilst Tableau food and service are great, definitely reserve your table early, as the front desk staff are a nightmare - utter jobsworths who take great pleasure in making you wait.

Last edited by Professor Yaffle; Jul 28, 2016 at 3:36 am Reason: additional info
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:42 am

Thanks Bfriff. I am looking at Sept 17-19th 2016. I am aware of the issue with them not renewing contracts for 2017 until later in the year. I am waiting to book my new years stay in Orlando, so only a few more months to wait until that opens up.

I will give them a call. I noticed if I try to book Sept 15-19th, it shows availability, but not if I try to book 17-19.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle
Our experience last month was that the Tableau breakfast cost was around $28/head, so $56 for the two of us. Reception then automatically allocated the remaining $24 of credit against coffees and pastries we got at the Drugstore Cafe early morning. We felt that was more than fair.

We had an excellent stay and FHR experience - upgrade from Tower Room to suite, auto 4pm checkout offered, 4th night free, $100 spa credit. To me, this almost covered the Amex Plat fee in one stay

Oh, and as others have stated, whilst Tableau food and service are great, definitely reserve your table early, as the front desk staff are a nightmare - utter jobsworths who take great pleasure in making you wait.

Thanks for the information! I am from the east coast and trying to stay with the east coast time while I am in Vegas. Have to go back to work the next day. Just wondering if I can have breakfast twice (one from the FHR and one that comes with the Wynn Tower room). Thinking to do room service with the FHR breakfast credit at 6am for breakfast, then the hotel breakfast late in the morning for lunch. Just wondering if anybody try that before.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by hsiaolei
Thanks for the information! I am from the east coast and trying to stay with the east coast time while I am in Vegas. Have to go back to work the next day. Just wondering if I can have breakfast twice (one from the FHR and one that comes with the Wynn Tower room). Thinking to do room service with the FHR breakfast credit at 6am for breakfast, then the hotel breakfast late in the morning for lunch. Just wondering if anybody try that before.
Interesting question. I think your best bet is to ask the front desk during check-in. I don't think this is considered double dipping because every Tower reservation should come with breakfast at Tableu regardless if you're on an FHR offer or not.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by kevinbomb
Interesting question. I think your best bet is to ask the front desk during check-in. I don't think this is considered double dipping because every Tower reservation should come with breakfast at Tableu regardless if you're on an FHR offer or not.

I will check with front desk when I check in. Really hope it will work out that way. I am paying for 3 rooms and 6 people, looking to save as much money as possible on meal. I will report back after my trip.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:15 am

Hi FT Family,

Thanks so much for all the advice for my trip to Encore. We checked in and got an upgrade to the strip view. Also, I received a print out with times for Breakfast. I haven't been on the site for 90 days but can someone update the wiki?

Jardin Breakfast time is 7:00 - 11:30 AM. The wiki says "11:00AM".
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Delano Experience Here.

Checked in at 10am on Friday. They let us into the room early at 11am once it was clean. Check in was quick and easy.

No upgrades were available, however the room was pretty nice anyways. TV in the living room, bedroom, and bathroom.

Breakfast credit was easy to use, the 30$ per person pretty much covered breakfast each morning minus tip at Dellas.

The 100$ credit was the only thing i had to have manually applied. Overall a pretty great stay and one of the more carefree visits to Vegas. Pretty impressed for my first FHR booking.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:01 pm

Wow. I feel like I've been missing out on FHR. A+ experience at Encore.

Checkin at 11am with an upgrade at encore. We didn't book the tower suite so no parlor upgrade. However, we did get upgraded to a strip view. They explained everything on checkin and we had $40 per person for breakfast. Please note, it doesn't include tip. We dined at Jardin at encore and the Sunday brunch at the Wynn. We ended up switching rooms but I was shocked I could use the credit on the first day! Can anyone confirm?

The spa credit for $100 worked perfectly as well. Please note, it doesn't include tip.

Lastly, we had no problem on checkout and it was the first time I've stayed any where that I could check out at 4pm. They reviews the bill with us and everything was perfect. I didn't have an option to change my card and got the bill on my AMEX card.

The lounge food was amazing and fast wifi. I'm looking forward to more FHR trips.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Direct booking of aria is 150$ cheaper total for 2 nights for me. Would you say the breakfast and spa credit is worth the difference? I won't be using the late checkout and most likely won't be using early check in.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:43 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by hiima
Direct booking of aria is 150$ cheaper total for 2 nights for me. Would you say the breakfast and spa credit is worth the difference? I won't be using the late checkout and most likely won't be using early check in.
I would just book direct. Spa credit is almost useless if it's just me and I can find breakfast for less than $75/day.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
If you book direct, be sure your mLife number (linked to your Hyatt plat) is in the record.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.