Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by roder
I just completed a stay using FHR At the Delano.

At check-in, the woman at the front desk mentioned that the daily breakfast credit starts on the FIRST day of your stay, and does not qualify for the LAST day of your stay. She said that this was part of their recently re-negotiated contract with AMEX and it made no sense to her either. I had to argue pretty aggressively, as this policy is absurd, but she agreed to honor the credit on the last day vs the first day.

Anyone else with a similar experience? I don't understand why you would get a breakfast credit on the day of check-in, when you may not be in the room until 4PM vs check-out when you waking up in the room AND have a late check-out with FHR.
I think you just had a bad clerk. I've stayed at the Delano twice since your note and all was handled normally.

The closest that they came was a very nice suggestion that I could use the breakfast credit at checkin since I was checking in at 9am. Since I was a single, I could also use the remaining breakfast credit the next morning.

My only complaint is that the restaurants that qualify for the $100 credit close at 10pm on weeknights. I was leaving the next morning so I was stuck with the not great, very overpriced room service.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
Anyone know how long it takes stays to post to Hyatt accounts? It's been almost 2 weeks and I still have seen any stay credit. Email both Hyatt and MGM and Hyatt replies they couldn't do anything and no MGM reply.
MGM will say to wait 30 days from stay. They also ignore emails so I put the request number in the subject like "third request for stay credit". I wait a couple of days between emails after the 30 days have passed.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
At the end of the month I've got a trip planned to the Delano. This is my first FHR booking. I'll be going down with a buddy and staying two days. How does the breakfast credit work? Is it per room, per person, only the cardholder? FAQ seems to indicate that it doesn't have to be just breakfast. So can you split it for a light breakfast/light lunch? Just want to make sure I understand it all correctly. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rune87
How does the breakfast credit work? Is it per room, per person, only the cardholder? FAQ seems to indicate that it doesn't have to be just breakfast.
The FHR rules are: Breakfast for 2 people per room per night. These 2 people do NOT need to be staying in that room.

If you and your friend have a room each, you can use your breakfast benefit to pay for his breakfast. Typically, you'll charge breakfast to your room, and the credit amount will be taken off.

The Amex card holder must pay for the FHR room, and thus the breakfast.

The Wiki at the top of the post indicates the breakfast benefit at Delano is for $60, and they seem to be very liberal in their definition of when breakfast actually is, so you may be able to get away with a 'light lunch'. Most FHR hotels insist on getting just breakfast or brunch.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by suzuko98
First time poster, long time lurker.
I don't think so...
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by GatorBlues
Now that it is automatic rather than a coupon, has anyone succeeded in using the Bellagio breakfast credit at lunch time? I am here, just used my 100 resort credit at Fix, and am thinking about grabbing a burger at Cafe Bellagio around 1:00 p.m. tomorrow after a seminar ends.
Were you able to use the automatic credit at lunch time @ Cafe Bellagio?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by brothernoble
I was able to use the breakfast automatic credit for lunch at Cafe Bellagio back in May. But I did verify that it would be allowed via a phone call to the front desk ahead of time. Could be a YMMV (hopefully not), but I was basically told that I had a $160 food credit (at the stated restaurant options) on my account for the one-night stay.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:59 pm

Delano

Does anyone have a picture of the welcome letter presented at check-in at Delano. Also can anyone confirm the $100 resort credit can be used at Mandalay bay as well? TY
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by brothernoble
I didn't wind up trying. I got stuck on a conference call that afternoon and didn't get back to Bellagio until after 3:00, barely in time to check out.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:58 pm

First, thanks so much for all the prior posters. I just booked my FIRST FHR at Encore and have a few questions:

1) Silly question - I have a Citi Prestige Card that includes the 4th night free. Could I use FHR and Citi? I would imagine that I could ONLY use FHR with my Platinum card.

2) I have a 2 night stay at Encore but REALLY want to try out the Wynn Buffet. Will I be able to use my breakfast credits at Wynn Buffet?

3) What is the cutoff time for Breakfast? I wanted to do more of a Brunch (assuming I can do the Wynn buffet.

4) I booked a Encore Suite King but NOT in the tower side. What kind of upgrade should I expect?

5) Can I use the $100 Spa credit for my wife to have her nails done? She isn't an AU.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:40 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by dellfanboy
First, thanks so much for all the prior posters. I just booked my FIRST FHR at Encore and have a few questions:

1) Silly question - I have a Citi Prestige Card that includes the 4th night free. Could I use FHR and Citi? I would imagine that I could ONLY use FHR with my Platinum card.

5) Can I use the $100 Spa credit for my wife to have her nails done? She isn't an AU.
Can't answer the others but:

1. No. FHR has to be booked through Amex and Citi 4th night has to be booked with Citi so no way to combine. It might be worth checking what rate you can get through Citi and weighing the FHR benefits vs. the savings; if you book a nonrefundable rate you may even be able to get a lower rate on the first 3 nights through Citi as well.

2. Yes, should be no problem as long as she is a registered guest in the room (which is done through the hotel at check-in, no Amex involvement).
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:29 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dellfanboy

2) I have a 2 night stay at Encore but REALLY want to try out the Wynn Buffet. Will I be able to use my breakfast credits at Wynn Buffet?

3) What is the cutoff time for Breakfast? I wanted to do more of a Brunch (assuming I can do the Wynn buffet.

4) I booked a Encore Suite King but NOT in the tower side. What kind of upgrade should I expect?

I stayed at Wynn TS two years ago and the credit could be used at either the Wynn or Encore.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:33 pm

Bgriff, United747, hiima - Thanks for all the replies! Super excited about this trip! I'll post back for future posters as well.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The buffet changes from breakfast to lunch at 11:00 (it does not close for the switchover).

The classic technique is to arrive about 10:30 - you get one chance to have breakfast dishes, and then the first servings of the lunch food.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Airmiles, RBC Rewards, British Airways Avios, American Airlines Aadvantage
So I'm off to Wynn this weekend with their 3rd night free promotion they recently offered. I just checked my confirmation and it says that it's a "USD 100 resort credit once per stay, per room"

Doesnt seem to mention anything about spa/salon. Have they changed it because that would be a fantastic deal if i could use it for Lunch/Dinners

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.