Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Taichicali
for $30 cheaper per night than it showed on bellagio site
I've heard from others that they are getting better rates at FHR hotels be calling Amex than they're getting on the website, or the hotel's own website.

If you're getting close to making a booking, this might be an interesting thing to try to see if a better rate is available for your stay.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 8:06 am

Here's a question for a more seasoned FHR booker than I. I need two rooms at the Palazzo for April, one for me and one for my dad. My room is paid for through my IHG points, and my free night from the IHG card. The other room, I'd like to do FHR and get him the spa credit (plus I assume it'll cover breakfast for both of us). Will there be a problem from me putting my IHG number on the reservation on that room, too? Will it matter that my dad will be the one going to the spa, since it's my Amex and thus my name on the room? Also, can I book it such that I split the two reservations apart... one of them being Free night/FHR and the other being FHR/free night, thus doubling the spa credit?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 8:33 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by StckFigure
Here's a question for a more seasoned FHR booker than I. I need two rooms at the Palazzo for April, one for me and one for my dad. My room is paid for through my IHG points, and my free night from the IHG card. The other room, I'd like to do FHR and get him the spa credit (plus I assume it'll cover breakfast for both of us). Will there be a problem from me putting my IHG number on the reservation on that room, too? Will it matter that my dad will be the one going to the spa, since it's my Amex and thus my name on the room? Also, can I book it such that I split the two reservations apart... one of them being Free night/FHR and the other being FHR/free night, thus doubling the spa credit?
It should be no problem for your father to go to the spa ... you would just have him charge the spa treatment to the room and then the credit would either automatically be applied or would be sorted out at check-out. Either way it's just against a room charge, not specific to an individual.

The split reservations should not technically be eligible for two spa credits since if you were just booking 1 room, you can't book two one-night stays back-to-back and get two spa credits. Occasionally you might get lucky but it's probably not worth the extra hassle and confusion.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by StckFigure
Also, can I book it such that I split the two reservations apart... one of them being Free night/FHR and the other being FHR/free night, thus doubling the spa credit?
I'm pretty sure you don't get FHR benefits on a points stay. You would only get the benefits on the paid stay. So you would get 1 spa credit and 1 breakfast credit (for 2).
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:47 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
I'm pretty sure you don't get FHR benefits on a points stay.
...and only if paying the FHR contracted rate and booking through PTS. There are no FHR benefits for booking through any other method.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 8:30 pm

Can anyone confirm whether or not Olives is on the Bellagio dining credit still?

I'm bringing my dad for his 60th birthday later this month. He's never been to Vegas. He like to gamble, but is otherwise pretty frugal. He's the type that thinks anything priced more than the Olive Garden is ridiculous. If I bring him to a meal where the final bill is $200-$300, he just won't enjoy it because he'll focus on what it's costing instead of the experience. Olives seems like a decent compromise.

If Olives isn't on the list, I guess we're going to end up at FIX. I'd much rather eat at Michael Mina, but even though it's my treat he would be upset about the price. I'm not at all excited about FIX though. I'm bummed that I didn't do my research ahead of time -- I figured I'd be able to use the resort credit at any of the restaurants.

Thanks if anyone knows.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Parachute07
Can anyone confirm whether or not Olives is on the Bellagio dining credit still?
I'm afraid not.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 4:18 pm

Trip Report - Delano 2/26-2/27

Benefits:
Early Checkin - didn't use since our flight got in around 11PM.
Late Checkout - Checked out around 3PM with no issue, officially you're allowed until 4PM. Had no issues
Room Upgrade - Booked a Queen Suite, was upgraded to a Queen Suite with Strip View on a highish floor. I don't particularly care about these kinds of things, but I think the GF was impressed
VIP Desk for checkin/checkout - Didn't notice the door that led here during checking, but noticed it during checkout. I would highly advise going here for check in and check out as there is no line, and free beverages/small snacks. There's coffee, cans of soda, bottles of water and sparkling water.
Free Wifi - I didn't use it, but my GF did. Worked fine as far as I can tell, and we were not charged for it.
Breakfast Credit - Officially we were given 30 per person for a total of $60 per day. We ordered room service at around 11:30. We went slightly over $70 before gratuity, and I don't believe we were charged for the overage at all. That includes 3 entrees and a bloody mary plus room service charges.
$100 Resort Credit - We used the entire amount on the bar in the lobby, but you have the option to use it at pretty much any of the bars and restaurants within the property, room service, the minibar or SPA. I would have liked to check out the rooftop bar, but we got in late with plans to go to a club with friends, and it wasn't open before we checked out. The lobby bar had really nice cocktails anyway. I think we got around 7 drinks or so. Cocktails are in the $12-$18 range, and beers are around $8-9, but it isn't that egregious given the quality of craft beers and well made cocktails. (Coming from SF, so I'm used to cocktails being $10+ to begin with)

Overall, I was very happy with my stay at the Delano. We got solid value out of the FHR benefits, and the hotel offers a very nice ambiance that is a step above my other experiences in Vegas for a relatively affordable price. Definitely a good place to take a significant other for a slightly classier Vegas trip that's still very affordable. I think my total cost (outside of gratuities) was 300ish after tax and resort fee (Amex FHR site listed around 250 before taxes and fees). And I'd say between the resort credit and breakfast I got back 150ish that I probably would have spent anyway if I didn't have these benefits.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:09 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Olives seems like a decent compromise.
Lago is "small plates" and hence smaller prices.... might work out for you.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wiki for breakfast is great idea, might be worth trying in other FHR thread(s)

Originally Posted by CRAZ8
I've heard from others that they are getting better rates at FHR hotels be calling Amex than they're getting on the website, or the hotel's own website.

If you're getting close to making a booking, this might be an interesting thing to try to see if a better rate is available for your stay.
at one point years ago skylofts had 15% off contract with FHR/virtuoso
but considering good/great market, probably few if any discounts now

there are reports of some FHR agents contacting hotel staff/management and being able to book a 'non standard FHR' rate with FHR benefits, an FHR agent did conference call once for me

and of course for US cardholders, travel agents can book through FHR, and may be able to assist with rate matching and many other aspects of trip

however one is booking, one should always check what hotel's own reservations says

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 3, 2016 at 6:54 pm
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by ABG
Lago is "small plates" and hence smaller prices.... might work out for you.
Is Lago covered by the credit? I didn't see Lago listed anywhere.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:00 am

How much do you tip a driver when you have a free airport - Bellagio limo ride ? 10 ? 20 ?,

Can you use 2 voucher for one single person at café bellagio for Breakfast ?

Last edited by CGRA; Mar 5, 2016 at 1:55 pm
Old Mar 5, 2016, 1:51 pm

Is Lago covered by the credit? I didn't see Lago listed anywhere.
Lago is NOT covered by the credit :

As a valued American Express FINE HOTELS & RESORTS guest, we invite you to enjoy the following program benefits while on property:

• Room view upgrade (if available)
• Early check-in at Noon (if available)
• 4:00 p.m. guaranteed late check-out
• $30 Breakfast vouchers (2 per day) to be used at Café Bellagio, Palio, Café Gelato, or Pool Café (seasonal); not applicable for In Room Dining
• $100 Property Credit to be used during your stay (must be charged to the room for redemption)
Choose from the following:
o $100 Spa or Salon Credit to be used towards services; excludes spa or salon products
o $100 Dining Credit available at The Buffet, Café Bellagio, FIX, Jasmine, MICHAEL MINA, Lily Bar & Lounge, Petrossian Bar, Sensi and Pool Café (seasonal); excludes alcohol or gratuity
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by CGRA
How much do you tip a driver when you have a free airport - Bellagio limo ride ? 10 ? 20 ?,
For me, it's one of those two depending on the level of service, my mood and what bills I have in the wallet.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:07 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
For me, it's one of those two depending on what bills I have in the wallet, my mood, and the level of service.
I reordered those for you

I'd honestly probably do $20 since a cab is about that price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.