Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, AA Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Question $100 benefit at Bellagio for multiple rooms?

Wanted to book two rooms in January at the Bellagio and was not sure if the $100 benefit will be provided to both rooms?

The T&C state:
Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Card Member, per stay.
...and an older FT thread that suggest the answer is "yes, the $100 benefit will be given for each room."

However, when I called Amex the agent stated that "the unique property benefit is only provided once per reservation." She even checked with her supervisor who confirmed the same.

Just wondering what your experience has been? Should I make two separate bookings?
-pilluelo
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
This post in the Luxury Hotels forum, although very down on the Bellagio, the one thing they did get was the $100 for each room. Beware that Olives is not a valid restaurant to use the credit - it seems to catch a number of people out.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...-mistakes.html
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, AA Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
This post in the Luxury Hotels forum, although very down on the Bellagio, the one thing they did get was the $100 for each room. Beware that Olives is not a valid restaurant to use the credit - it seems to catch a number of people out.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...-mistakes.html
Thanks for pointing to that post - now I'm rethinking my hotel choice...
Maybe I'll wait a couple of days, until SLS and Palazzo appear back on the list for 2016!

-pilluelo
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:04 am

Delano Stay

We stayed at the Delano, and while we liked having a 2-room suite, the FHR benefits didn't seem too appaealing once we got there.

Breakfast was $60 per night, to be used at Della's, 3940, or room service.

$100 resort credit could be used at select locations: 3940, Dellas, Franklin Lounge, Delano Beach Club, room service, Rivea, Skyfall, Aureole, Baccarat Lounge, Bayside BUffet, Beach Bar & Grill, Bikini Bar, eye candy sound lounge, fleur, island bar, java, Mizuya, Moorea, Noodle shop, ONE Oasis Bar, Orchid Lounge, Raffles, Sea Breeze Ice Cream, Showroom Bar, Snack Shack Sports Book Grill, Starbucks, Strip Stek, Taco Shack, Tiki Bar, and Turf Club Bar.

I wished that Citizens, Border Grille, and House of Blues were included.

We felt like the room service options were lacking, compared to when this place was TheHotel.

Della's Kitchen is good, and 3940 was OK.

Had to get the front desk to do adjustments on the final bill at checkout, since the computer system didn't take stuff off automatically.

They seemed pleased to have FHR back again, and the manager greeted me at check-in. 4pm Checkout was honored and confirmed at check-in. When I went to check out at the front desk at 2pm, the lady there apparently didn't know that I had 4pm checkout and started to give me attitude... kind of awkward.

Will probably stay again just because we like having 2 rooms (with 2 toilets), but it's not a 5-star experience by any means. Prefer Wynncore for a better food selection and experience overall.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Aria Sky Suites -- one night stay on a Thursday -- two level upgrade from base room to city view penthouse suite (with wet bar, dining room etc.). Great room.

Mandarin Oriental -- three night stay over the weekend -- upgraded from basic room to bad strip view but on 22nd floor.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by pilluelo
Thanks for pointing to that post - now I'm rethinking my hotel choice...
That post is beyond ridiculous.
It was all her own doing and fault for not bothering to read the FHR welcome letter, and assuming room room credited was combinable.
I honestly fail to see how any of it is the hotel's fault.

While the Palazzo and Encore are probably my favourite Vegas resort, I still like the Bellagio and very often it is far the best value FHR choice, in terms of the cost and benefits.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Palazzo over Thanksgiving $139 rate

Booked standard Luxury King Suite and received a Siena Suite upgrade (video of room
) . Honored the 12pm early check in and I used the invited guest check in.

$100 spa credit - used it on a 25 min $85 express spa facial ($105 - $20 coupon found in room) which includes spa and an additional $30 spa day pass. I paid $15 out of pocket. Facial was pre-paid before getting into the room and there was no tip line, so I assume the prices were all in with gratuity included.

$60 breakfast credit ($30 per person) - Was used at Grand Lux Cafe - we opted for the buffet spread which was $20 each with $10 tip. Total was $50 with tip and it was all taken care of (including the tip!).

4pm late check out was honored.

Added my IHG rewards # and Grazie # at check in so I could receive points for the stay.

All in all, it was a great stay with a four category room upgrade! It was easy to monitor the spa/breakfast credit from the TV's room folio review screen. Hopefully the IHG points post and I could get a stay/night credit and credit towards the accelerate promotion. I would definitely stay here again!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:34 pm

Stayed at Bellagio last week on the Amex FHR rate. ~$175 total room rate plus all the fees. We ate at Jasmine which was supposed to be eligible for the $100 food credit and I was told it would be automatically adjusted if I billed the food to the room.

When I checked out I wasn't asked to sign anything and was just handed the invoice in an envelope. I stupidly didn't check it until I got home and found out that they had charged the full amount for dinner.

I had to spend nearly an hour on the phone wrestling with the MGM accounts receivable system/waiting on hold to get through to an agent. They acknowledged the error and agreed to adjust the bill.

Not a good experience.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by OptionsCLE
Stayed at Bellagio last week on the Amex FHR rate. ~$175 total room rate plus all the fees. We ate at Jasmine which was supposed to be eligible for the $100 food credit and I was told it would be automatically adjusted if I billed the food to the room.

When I checked out I wasn't asked to sign anything and was just handed the invoice in an envelope. I stupidly didn't check it until I got home and found out that they had charged the full amount for dinner.

I had to spend nearly an hour on the phone wrestling with the MGM accounts receivable system/waiting on hold to get through to an agent. They acknowledged the error and agreed to adjust the bill.

Not a good experience.
I would just call amex. It is a FHR benefit, so they'll adjust it for you.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by OptionsCLE
Not a good experience.
No, but that's why I never just leave with the bill without checking it first.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by trinifawk
We stayed at the Delano, and while we liked having a 2-room suite, the FHR benefits didn't seem too appaealing once we got there.

Breakfast was $60 per night, to be used at Della's, 3940, or room service.

$100 resort credit could be used at select locations: 3940, Dellas, Franklin Lounge, Delano Beach Club, room service, Rivea, Skyfall, Aureole, Baccarat Lounge, Bayside BUffet, Beach Bar & Grill, Bikini Bar, eye candy sound lounge, fleur, island bar, java, Mizuya, Moorea, Noodle shop, ONE Oasis Bar, Orchid Lounge, Raffles, Sea Breeze Ice Cream, Showroom Bar, Snack Shack Sports Book Grill, Starbucks, Strip Stek, Taco Shack, Tiki Bar, and Turf Club Bar.

I wished that Citizens, Border Grille, and House of Blues were included.

We felt like the room service options were lacking, compared to when this place was TheHotel.

Della's Kitchen is good, and 3940 was OK.

Had to get the front desk to do adjustments on the final bill at checkout, since the computer system didn't take stuff off automatically.

They seemed pleased to have FHR back again, and the manager greeted me at check-in. 4pm Checkout was honored and confirmed at check-in. When I went to check out at the front desk at 2pm, the lady there apparently didn't know that I had 4pm checkout and started to give me attitude... kind of awkward.

Will probably stay again just because we like having 2 rooms (with 2 toilets), but it's not a 5-star experience by any means. Prefer Wynncore for a better food selection and experience overall.
Also stayed at the Delano, but found FHR to be a pretty good value. We got a slight upgrade (King Suite to a Corner King Suite) with a nominal strip view.

The $100 resort credit came in handy for dinner, though the welcome letter states gratuity cannot be credited. We used the $30/pp breakfast credit on in-suite dining, and while the menu wasn't huge by any means, we were able to get a lot of food; more than I would be able to eat if we had stayed multiple days.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Platinum
Stayed at Mandarin Oriental for two nights on the weekend

- Didn't do early check in since I was landing at 8pm
- Used 4 PM Late Check Out
- Resort fee of $32ish every day.. claimed it was for room ammenities like wifi, even though Amex says that Wifi is free?
- No upgrade available, due to a convention the same weekend I went (bummer), told management about this and they offered a 3 category upgrade from a standard room to the Mandarin Premier the next time I visit.. had cityscape room (no strip view)
- $51 dollars a day for breakfast, used day one at MOzen, used day two in room, but was still charged $10 for in room dining.
- Used $100 Spa credit for two $60 day pass, had about $20 out of pocket then left gratuity as well

Drinks at the Mandarin Bar are definitely a must, beautiful view and great drinks.

Did not try TWIST, went to Sage at Aria instead which was alright for the 8 course meal.. really thought they could do better, LAGO at Bellagio was alright too, got seats up front at the patio, so seeing the fountains was awesome.

FHR overall was worth it at the Mandarin, beautiful, clean hotel with super courteous staff, but really wish an upgrade was available to make it entirely worth it.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by inspace
Also stayed at the Delano, but found FHR to be a pretty good value. We got a slight upgrade (King Suite to a Corner King Suite) with a nominal strip view.
This used to be the standard FHR upgrade when the property was called theHotel.......I believe the next category of suite is 2,000+ sq. ft......somewhere on FT, there is a report of a guy who lucked into that upgrade
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Stayed at Mandarin Oriental for one night on a Monday for a client dinner.

- Arrived at 3pm, construction in the lobby area
- Booked a Standard Room, upgrade one level to CityScape room on the 10th floor. Not much of a view but the rooms are nice and spacious for one person
- Resort fee of $32 (pretty standard in Vegas)
- Early morning flight so no breakfast. They mentioned I could use for in-room but I was out the door at 430am. Went to the Amex lounge which opens at 5am
- Used $100 Spa credit for a great massage. The spa is a great place to unwind, it was busy on a Monday afternoon.

Overall, great hotel (although I have never had a bad experience at MO) and would stay again.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by yojimbo
This used to be the standard FHR upgrade when the property was called theHotel.......I believe the next category of suite is 2,000+ sq. ft......somewhere on FT, there is a report of a guy who lucked into that upgrade
That lucky guy who got upgraded to the E Suite at TheHotel was me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.