Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by CGRA
Lago is NOT covered by the credit :

As a valued American Express FINE HOTELS & RESORTS guest, we invite you to enjoy the following program benefits while on property:

• Room view upgrade (if available)
• Early check-in at Noon (if available)
• 4:00 p.m. guaranteed late check-out
• $30 Breakfast vouchers (2 per day) to be used at Café Bellagio, Palio, Café Gelato, or Pool Café (seasonal); not applicable for In Room Dining
• $100 Property Credit to be used during your stay (must be charged to the room for redemption)
Choose from the following:
o $100 Spa or Salon Credit to be used towards services; excludes spa or salon products
o $100 Dining Credit available at The Buffet, Café Bellagio, FIX, Jasmine, MICHAEL MINA, Lily Bar & Lounge, Petrossian Bar, Sensi and Pool Café (seasonal); excludes alcohol or gratuity
Thank you - that's what I thought.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by CGRA
Lago is NOT covered by the credit :

As a valued American Express FINE HOTELS & RESORTS guest, we invite you to enjoy the following program benefits while on property:

• Room view upgrade (if available)
• Early check-in at Noon (if available)
• 4:00 p.m. guaranteed late check-out
• $30 Breakfast vouchers (2 per day) to be used at Café Bellagio, Palio, Café Gelato, or Pool Café (seasonal); not applicable for In Room Dining
• $100 Property Credit to be used during your stay (must be charged to the room for redemption)
Choose from the following:
o $100 Spa or Salon Credit to be used towards services; excludes spa or salon products
o $100 Dining Credit available at The Buffet, Café Bellagio, FIX, Jasmine, MICHAEL MINA, Lily Bar & Lounge, Petrossian Bar, Sensi and Pool Café (seasonal); excludes alcohol or gratuity
Sensi was replaced by Harvest in December (and Sensi had been closed for a few months before that). I hope they add Harvest or something else to the dining list...
Old Mar 5, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro 1.4M, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by United747
I reordered those for you

I'd honestly probably do $20 since a cab is about that price.
I also tip the Bellagio limo driver $20 each way....
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by bworrell
Sensi was replaced by Harvest in December (and Sensi had been closed for a few months before that). I hope they add Harvest or something else to the dining list...
Thank you for the info
I got this list from bellagio directly this friday....
Why there is no good restaurant open for lunch at bellagio / vegas ?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by bworrell
Originally Posted by alfagirl
I also tip the Bellagio limo driver $20 each way....
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
For me, it's one of those two depending on the level of service, my mood and what bills I have in the wallet.
Originally Posted by United747
I reordered those for you

I'd honestly probably do $20 since a cab is about that price.
So if you had to pay for the ride it'd be 100?
Can't remember if you're met by the driver or by someone else. Believe skyloft is an airport employee and bellagio is the driver.
Is it usual that the belman who pick up the bags from the car to reception refuse a tip? Happened at the pen BH Maybe i was too cheap. Sorry for being OT
Old Mar 17, 2016, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by bertbusdriver
Benefits:
Early Checkin - didn't use since our flight got in around 11PM.
Late Checkout - Checked out around 3PM with no issue, officially you're allowed until 4PM. Had no issues
Room Upgrade - Booked a Queen Suite, was upgraded to a Queen Suite with Strip View on a highish floor. I don't particularly care about these kinds of things, but I think the GF was impressed
VIP Desk for checkin/checkout - Didn't notice the door that led here during checking, but noticed it during checkout. I would highly advise going here for check in and check out as there is no line, and free beverages/small snacks. There's coffee, cans of soda, bottles of water and sparkling water.
Free Wifi - I didn't use it, but my GF did. Worked fine as far as I can tell, and we were not charged for it.
Breakfast Credit - Officially we were given 30 per person for a total of $60 per day. We ordered room service at around 11:30. We went slightly over $70 before gratuity, and I don't believe we were charged for the overage at all. That includes 3 entrees and a bloody mary plus room service charges.
$100 Resort Credit - We used the entire amount on the bar in the lobby, but you have the option to use it at pretty much any of the bars and restaurants within the property, room service, the minibar or SPA. I would have liked to check out the rooftop bar, but we got in late with plans to go to a club with friends, and it wasn't open before we checked out. The lobby bar had really nice cocktails anyway. I think we got around 7 drinks or so. Cocktails are in the $12-$18 range, and beers are around $8-9, but it isn't that egregious given the quality of craft beers and well made cocktails. (Coming from SF, so I'm used to cocktails being $10+ to begin with)
For Delano: Anyone know if you can use the $60 Breakfast credit at any time or only during certain "breakfast" hours?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 5:58 pm

This forum has been a godsend for as long as I can remember. Thought I'd finally register and contribute as I sit inside the LAS Centurion lounge.

Booked a suite at the Bellagio through FHR. It was only the Bellagio suite but I was still offered access to both the chairman lounge and the VIP lounge. The woman at the front desk was awesome and turned my king suite reservation to the double queen suite at no extra charge. She ran down my list of FHR benefits. How the credits worked and my 4pm checkout.

Everything went smoothly during my stay. The staff there is wonderful and I was really enjoying myself...that is until the night before checkout. I received a call telling me I had to be out by 11am...and that 12pm would be an option as a courtesy. Anything later than that I would be charged a 1/2 day rate.

So I took a walk down to the front desk and was dismissively told that the "guaranteed" 4pm checkout did not apply to FHR suites. So I scrambled back up to the hotel room to find my FHR printout I was given at registration with "guaranteed late checkout 4pm" on it. Couldn't find it. Back down to the front desk (chairman lounge was closed at this point).

This time I got a nice guy who agreed with me that the word guaranteed is not subjective and that there was no fine print that he could see. So I got Amex travel on the line and they too told me that the checkout should be guaranteed but that they couldn't do anything to make the Bellagio enforce it. Every front desk rep agreed with me but every time they picked up the phone to try a supervisor would tell them no. Culminating in one coming out from whatever hole she was working in to smarkly tell me that "guaranteed" in this case did not mean what i thought it meant.

I went out last night pretty heated. It wasn't about the 4pm checkout anymore. It was about principle. And hotels like the Bellagio not being able to change the rules of the game because they want to stuff a warmer body into your room before you've had a chance to leave.

So I woke up early this morning and contacted AMEX travel again. This time Amex travel reached out to the Bellagio and after a long wait the Bellagio agreed to extend the 4pm offer to me but did note that suites are excluded at peak.

So just be forewarned and make sure you get the 4pm checkout confirmed and noted at check in. And shout out to the folks at Amex travel for sticking with me.

Edit: just to restate the staff at the Bellagio were awesome (Jimmy in the VIP lounge is the best) and I enjoyed my stay. Every other part of FHR was honored including the early check in. In the end this wasn't about me not wanting to hang out by the pool for a few hours before heading to the airport. It was about principal and holding them to their word.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thanks for that jetsetmatch and welcome to FT!
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by jetsetmatch
This forum has been a godsend for as long as I can remember. Thought I'd finally register and contribute as I sit inside the LAS Centurion lounge.

Booked a suite at the Bellagio through FHR. It was only the Bellagio suite but I was still offered access to both the chairman lounge and the VIP lounge. The woman at the front desk was awesome and turned my king suite reservation to the double queen suite at no extra charge. She ran down my list of FHR benefits. How the credits worked and my 4pm checkout.

Everything went smoothly during my stay. The staff there is wonderful and I was really enjoying myself...that is until the night before checkout. I received a call telling me I had to be out by 11am...and that 12pm would be an option as a courtesy. Anything later than that I would be charged a 1/2 day rate.

So I took a walk down to the front desk and was dismissively told that the "guaranteed" 4pm checkout did not apply to FHR suites. So I scrambled back up to the hotel room to find my FHR printout I was given at registration with "guaranteed late checkout 4pm" on it. Couldn't find it. Back down to the front desk (chairman lounge was closed at this point).

This time I got a nice guy who agreed with me that the word guaranteed is not subjective and that there was no fine print that he could see. So I got Amex travel on the line and they too told me that the checkout should be guaranteed but that they couldn't do anything to make the Bellagio enforce it. Every front desk rep agreed with me but every time they picked up the phone to try a supervisor would tell them no. Culminating in one coming out from whatever hole she was working in to smarkly tell me that "guaranteed" in this case did not mean what i thought it meant.

I went out last night pretty heated. It wasn't about the 4pm checkout anymore. It was about principle. And hotels like the Bellagio not being able to change the rules of the game because they want to stuff a warmer body into your room before you've had a chance to leave.

So I woke up early this morning and contacted AMEX travel again. This time Amex travel reached out to the Bellagio and after a long wait the Bellagio agreed to extend the 4pm offer to me but did note that suites are excluded at peak.

So just be forewarned and make sure you get the 4pm checkout confirmed and noted at check in. And shout out to the folks at Amex travel for sticking with me.

Edit: just to restate the staff at the Bellagio were awesome (Jimmy in the VIP lounge is the best) and I enjoyed my stay. Every other part of FHR was honored including the early check in. In the end this wasn't about me not wanting to hang out by the pool for a few hours before heading to the airport. It was about principal and holding them to their word.
Welcome to FT and sorry to hear of your bad experience

I don't remember that Bellagio usually call one day out to inform of a check out time
Odd that Amex doesn't want to take any responsibility when an hotel doesn't fulfill their contractual requirement
IMHO as long as it's an FHR rate / reservation, amenities must be included (regardless of suite)

I have e-mailed Bellagio and asked for 4 / 6 pm check out and their reply is :
"You are confirmed for a 4pm late check out through Amex. If you wish to request a 6pm late check out you must call down to VIP services the day of your departure to check for availability."

Seems that both Amex and the hotel drop the ball ....
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I think what amex means by they can't enforce the late checkout is that they can't literally go to the hotel and keep you there until 4. Otherwise they'll probably make it right one way or another if you get kicked out.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by hiima
I think what amex means by they can't enforce the late checkout is that they can't literally go to the hotel and keep you there until 4. Otherwise they'll probably make it right one way or another if you get kicked out.
Amex should have offered to their client / OP to pay / refund for the late check out (and sort that out later with the hotel)
Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Does FHR require you to check out physically or can you tv check out or express check out from the room? Sometimes when I check out, I can't deal with talking with someone face to face let alone waking in a straight line if you know what I mean.

Last edited by hiima; Mar 21, 2016 at 1:13 pm
Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:15 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Does FHR require you to check out physically or can you tv check out or express check out from the room? Sometimes when I check out, I can't deal with talking with someone face to face let alone waking in a straight line if you know what I mean.
FHR doesn't "require" it per se, but at some of the Vegas hotels you get your benefits by billing things to your room and then breakfast and spa/restaurant credits are applied against your bill. In theory that would happen automatically but often it doesn't so worth planning to check out in person to make sure the credits are applied.

You could take advantage of FHR's 4pm late checkout to give yourself a bit more time to recover from the night before though
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:10 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I always check out in person in case I need to "fight" for certain benefits to be applied.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
For Delano: Anyone know if you can use the $60 Breakfast credit at any time or only during certain "breakfast" hours?
I ordered my room service breakfast at 11:30AM, but I'm not sure if going later would still work as I didn't test that out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.