Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:26 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by krdvg
Just checked in at the Wynn. Booked the tower king for two nights and reading most comments here was expecting the parlor upgrade. No go. Only upgrade offered was one step up to King Executive, what the hell is that, didn't even see that when I was booking on fhr site. They said it's the next step up. Kinda disappointed, should I try for a better suite tomorrow? Staying two nights or is it not worth it?
They could be sold out. I can't get their website to load though.

EDIT: got it to load, looks like no parlor suite available.

Last edited by United747; Apr 8, 2016 at 7:16 am
Old Apr 8, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: MileagePlus - Gold
[QUOTE=OUTraveling;26076185]Stayed at the Wynn Two night.

Landed around 930 and requested Super Early Check In at 1000.
>Not successful.

Stayed At Centurion Lounge until 1140 and arrived at 1200 for early check in.
>Recieved.

I thought the Centurion Lounge was on a "Day of Departure" lounge and you need a same day plane ticket to access? Could you access the Lounge on arrival or am I missing something.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
yes - you can access the Centurion lounge upon arrival. We have done it several times without any issues. They do however ask you for your arriving boarding pass....
Old Apr 8, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by United747
They could be sold out. I can't get their website to load though.

EDIT: got it to load, looks like no parlor suite available.
This is really unusual. I was there last year during a big convention across the street and there were still Parlor Suites available.

I just left there yesterday at 3:30pm, so I was taking a Parlor Suite that might have been available for you if I'd checked out earlier. Sorry! There were a lot of people checking in, and there was a lot of noise coming from some of the rooms on our floor during the day.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
This is really unusual. I was there last year during a big convention across the street and there were still Parlor Suites available.

I just left there yesterday at 3:30pm, so I was taking a Parlor Suite that might have been available for you if I'd checked out earlier. Sorry! There were a lot of people checking in, and there was a lot of noise coming from some of the rooms on our floor during the day.

Dont think it was you Just a busy weekend I suppose.

Checked in around 930pm, so they really might have ran out of those rooms.

Apart from the upgrade part stay was mostly good. Tableau was really busy though, first day got a reservation around 2hrs out at 11:15am, food was decent, could have been better, but no complaints. Their juices are really good. Second day, we got up a little late and the earliest available table was around 1pm, so gave up on that and had breakfast at the terrace pointe cafe. Even if there is a line, just show your tower suites key and you get priority service. Food was good.

Used late checkout.

Used the Spa credit for a shave, the experience was fine, but my face was on fire for the next two hours.

All the spa charges, and breakfast charges are automatically taken care of at the checkout.

After Wynn, did a one night at Bellagio. Booked a fountain view room, not sure I got an upgrade, but it was a room on the 22nd floor. The room matched the description of the booking on FHR site. Used breakfast credit at the Cafe and the F&B for some Aria drinks.

Used late checkout.

All in a a fun trip. Was mostly there for the Guns n Roses concert, lots of people in town for the same. There was some boxing fight as well, so traffic sucked big time.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: Lifetime Levels in AA & Marriott
krdvg-

Don't think I missed it, but did you book this via FHR phone or website?

Originally Posted by krdvg

All in a a fun trip. Was mostly there for the Guns n Roses concert, lots of people in town for the same. There was some boxing fight as well, so traffic sucked big time.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:43 pm
VF7

Programs: AA EP, HY GLOB
Originally Posted by Tibs
Bellagio Suite - 6 nights - rate was lower than players discount by a buck or two per day not factoring in the food vouchers.

VIP check in apparently coded - Found that out after standing in the invited guests line for 10 minutes (players club uses that line normally).

Thats a first for me with just a Suite. Maybe FHR did it as I normally don't use FHR unless close and have never been sent there for that room.
I was told that all FHR Bellagio suite reservations and above have chairman's lounge access. It's one of the reasons I decided to upgrade.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:45 pm

Alright - A few dumb questions:

Does anyone beside Bellagio do airport transportation? (and at what level?)

Do the hotels still charge the resort fee on these reservations?

The $100 resort credit - is this good across all hotels in the chain (MGM, as example?)

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:47 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JonEMTP

The $100 resort credit - is this good across all hotels in the chain (MGM, as example?)

Thanks!
Skylofts do airport transfer for all rooms and Aria does it for SkySuites. I can't speak about the $100 credit or resort fee.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VF7
I was told that all FHR Bellagio suite reservations and above have chairman's lounge access. It's one of the reasons I decided to upgrade.
This was true a year ago, not sure if it's still the same policy. R/T limo rides between the airport and property were included as well.

Thanks!
Bellagio is Bellagio Suite and above. Aria is Corner Suites and above (including SkySuites and SkyVillas).

Resort fees will always be charged, even for those on comped stays..

Usually, the resort credits only apply for the property you're staying at. However, it might be a YMMV situation depending on the FD agent who is doing the check-out process for you.

Last edited by mia; Apr 25, 2016 at 6:49 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:54 pm

Thanks!
I haven't tested the water, but I've stayed at both Bellagio and Delano this year and was given a list at both as to which specific restaurants at those properties (some at Mandalay Bay in the case of Delano) that the credit could be applied to. My instinct is that you couldn't dine off-property and expect the $100 to apply. That's not to say that the commenter above me is wrong that it could depend on the FD agent doing check-out, but I wouldn't want to tempt it and miss out on the $100 credit.

If I can add a question for those with more experience -- have folks been getting better deals by calling? I've got an upcoming reservation @ Delano. The price keeps dropping and I keep cancelling and re-booking. The rate just dropped another 5 bucks today. I'm wondering whether I might get an even better deal by calling, or if I should just cancel and rebook online again?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA
Just finished a stay at the Cosmopolitan; Amex Plat, Identity Silver (hotel's rewards program). 4 nights during what multiple folks told me was a quiet week, average rate was $150. I don't have wiki access so if someone wants to update they can.

Received welcome letter at check-in describing benefits
Early check-in: not used/requested
Late check-out: abandoned (UA LAS was a hot mess so I had to run to the airport early to rebook) but was confirmed as guaranteed 4pm at check-in, did not have to specifically request.
Upgrade: Booked a city room (lowest cat), upgraded to a Terrace 1 bed (appears to be 1 cat upgrade but was not moved to fountain view). I suspect if you want a fountain view, you'll have to book it outright...
Breakfast: Standard option is 2 people at Wicked Spoon buffet, includes access via Invited Guests line which was very useful. Alternative is room service, not stated in the letter but I believe it was $70 or $75 credit per room. Tips and "premium" drinks (alcohol, espresso, etc.) are not included and charged to the folio.
Special benefit: $100 spa services, excludes things like retail products. For me only the balance was charged to the folio (as opposed to an explicit $100 credit + full charge from the spa).
Complimentary Wifi: Included, by way of a $5/day reduction in the resort fee. In my case $25 vs. $30, but with tax back up to $28...

Personally I enjoyed the property, but it is more of a W Hotel-like property which not everyone's a fan of. Fountain view would've been nice but I think it was nearly $80/night higher for my stay, and I still had a balcony (just looking to Blvd South). It definitely got busier by Friday and unfortunately they don't allow FHR guests to use the Invited Guests desk for check-in/out. One cool benefit if you're collecting Marriott points: as long as you don't mind signing up for Identity membership (the hotel/gambling program) you can actually transfer your Identity points over to Marriott Rewards.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
City room to terrace 1 bedroom is 2 category upgrade. Terrace studio is 1 up from the base room (main difference is sliding door to isolate the bedroom and the Japanese soaking tub.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Parachute07

If I can add a question for those with more experience -- have folks been getting better deals by calling? I've got an upcoming reservation @ Delano. The price keeps dropping and I keep cancelling and re-booking. The rate just dropped another 5 bucks today. I'm wondering whether I might get an even better deal by calling, or if I should just cancel and rebook online again?
I have never gotten a better rate over the phone than online. I have had to mention the online rate for the phone agent to "find" it.

With an upcoming reservation, don't forget about the three day cancellation policy.
Old May 2, 2016, 11:08 am

I did the Bellagio, Delano then back to Bellagio routine. I used the 4pm checkout for all three nights. Housekeeping at Bellagio will open the door and check even though the do not disturb is on and you notified them that you are checking out at 4pm. Keep in mind if you plan to sleep. I used the invited guest line at check in and check out.

We ate breakfast/lunch at the Belagio buffet using the breakfast credits. We showed up at 10:45 for transition. Show up earlier if you don't have passes. I think you would be fine using the breakfast credits for lunch at one of the listed breakfast venues anyway. Used the dinner credits at Lago and Mina.

At Delano, the lady at check in said we could use the breakfast credits for room service anytime. We tried at 2am but the menu was shortened and the wait too long. We just order breakfast/lunch around 11am.

Overall I found the pricing of the restaurants rather pricey so that diminished the value of the credits as I wouldn't eat there out of pocket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.