Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
I was not given physical passes, however there was a separate line for Marriott Plat/Gold members that acted as the cut-the-line pass which i used
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:34 pm

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but it looks like ALL properties are now offering $100 spa credits only, including Delano and Bellagio (which were the two to my knowledge that had offered F&B).
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:44 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sedubby
Not sure if this has been brought up yet....
First mentioned in October by golfingboy.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:16 am

Such a massive devaluation. I'm very tempted to book with Chase LHRC instead of Amex for Vegas at least.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Such a massive devaluation. I'm very tempted to book with Chase LHRC instead of Amex for Vegas at least.
Agreed - I have an upcoming trip in June and decided to use an Amex Offer for $70 off at Waldorf instead of doing a FHR rate
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed at Bellagio on FHR rate in early January. They were still handing out the August-dated list of benefits at check-in, which had the $100 F&B credit and also mentioned Harvest as the breakfast restaurant. Now that Sadelle's is open, Harvest no longer serves breakfast. I asked the check-in agent about the changeover to a spa credit and she was unaware, and said just go by what was listed on the paper.

No upgrade - there were small suites available on the website, but the agent didn't seem to be looking to upgrade past a nicer view for my tower king reservation, which also wasn't possible.

Checked in around 10am and day of arrival "breakfast" around noon was taken off the bill overnight. Breakfast for the remaining days of the stay and the $100 F&B had to be taken off manually at check-out. Front desk manager who processed the check-out didn't say anything about the spa credit in lieu of F&B either, so it doesn't sound like word had trickled down, at least not as of earlier this week.
levilevi likes this.

Last edited by Doppy; Jan 15, 2019 at 3:33 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by theranj
Agreed - I have an upcoming trip in June and decided to use an Amex Offer for $70 off at Waldorf instead of doing a FHR rate
Thank you for bringing up the Chase/LHRC option. I just changed my Las Vegas reservation to the LHRC instead of FHR, saving a lot of money in the process (yes, I changed from FS to Bellagio), and got the $100 food credit instead of spa credit. Thanks again.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Such a massive devaluation.
FWIW, I agree, and had posted so upthread, but you can use the spa credit for daypass access to the spa facilities (which include whirlpools, steam, sauna, etc.) that often costs $30-50 pp/day (though free with a spa treatment). That's something I like to enjoy at least once during a stay anyway, so it's not totally the end of the world.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:23 pm

May I ask how you get them to stack the Gold status benefit with FHR?

Originally Posted by kaisersrsic
Hotel – Waldorf Astoria 1 night
Early Check-in – Check-in around 3:20 pm (room not available upon arrival at around 2 pm)
Late Check-out – Yes, 4:00pm
Upgrade - Yes, Strip view (though that was more of a view of the Shops at Crystals).
Breakfast Credit - 2x $31 per person @ Zen Kitchen. (amount shown on checkout folio)
FHR Benefit - $125 Spa Credit. Used for a $90 manicure. Considered 2x day passes, but nearly all facilities are sex-segregated and spouse and I were actually in Las Vegas to spend some time together.
****HILTON HONORS (GOLD) F&B Credit - $50 -- This was a real surprise, but they stacked this additional $50 benefit based on Amex Platinum provided Hilton Gold Status.
Overall Impression: This is a peaceful refuge in Las Vegas and a first class property, showing only minor wear and tear from being 9 years old (this December). Walking access to the shops at crystals and Aria was easy. I'm not sure that I like Aria all that much, so my recommendation is to use the Waldorf Astoria as a home base but explore elsewhere.

Last edited by mia; Jan 11, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:03 pm

As many of us are a bit annoyed by the Vegas changes to FHR (Spa credits instead of F&B) I thought I'd write out a little comparison I found between the 2 programs (Chase LHC & Amex FHR). I just booked 2 separate, 1 night stays through Chase's LHC using a Chase freedom unlimited card ($0) annual fee. Here are my thoughts & quick analysis between the 2 programs.

Accessibility: Chase wins hands down, multiple cards including $0 annual fee cards can be used to book.

Breakfast Credits: Seemed generally the same across the properties
Late Checkout: Amex wins here with Guaranteed 4 PM late checkout. Most of the chase LHC benefits just state Early Check in & Late Check Out, few have guarantees of time.
Room Upgrade: Both state room upgrade when available. I have no clue which program will get you a better upgrade. It's Vegas though so the $20 tip trick works best anyway!

Unique Amenity: In my opinion Chase wins here, due to the F&B credit. Below is a list of the chase unique amenities for each property. All of the FHR hotels right now have $100 Spa credit.
Aria-
  • $100 Food & Beverage credit at selected Aria food and beverage outlets, per room, per stay
  • Invited guest Check-In
Bellagio-
  • $100 Food and Beverage credit (per room, per stay-restrictions may apply) redeemable at The Buffet, Café Bellagio, FIX, Harvest by Roy Ellamar, Jasmine, Lago by Jilian Serrano, MICHAEL MINA, Lily Bar & Lounge, Petrossian Bar, Harvest and Pool Café; excludes gratuity
Ceasars Palace-
  • Breakfast for two daily (Maximum credit of $20 per person, per day for a maximum of 2 guest)
  • Guaranteed VIP Check In - Located at the Platinum line / at the main check-in area
  • Early Check-In, 9:00 AM
  • Late Check-Out, 1:00 PM
Delano-
  • $100 Food & Beverage credit, per room, per stay
  • Pre-arrival Service Call **
  • Manager Meet & Greet (Estimated arrival time must be provided 24 hours in advanced)
Mandalay Bay-
  • Invited guest Check-In
MGM Grand-
  • Upgrade from Grand King or Queen to Grand Premier King or Queen only
  • Early Check-In, 12:00 noon
  • Late Check-Out, 2:00 pm
Park MGM-
  • $50 Food and Beverage credit, per room, per stay
Cosmopolitan-
  • Buffet Breakfast for two daily at Wicked Spoon
  • $50 Spa and $50 Food and beverage credit, once during stay (excludes Beauty & Essex, Juice Standard, Zuma and Marquee)
  • Autograph Lounge Check-In
  • One Category Upgrade
Palazzo-
  • $65 Daily Breakfast Credit at Morels or Bouchon by Thomas Keller
  • Signature Champagne in suite, once per stay

Signature & MGM-
  • One category Upgrade from SIGNATURE Deluxe Suite to SIGNATURE One Bedroom Balcony Suite only. (No upgrade from SIGNATURE One-Bedroom Balcony Suite or SIGNATURE two-Bedroom Balcony Suite)
Venetian-
  • $65 Daily Breakfast Credit at Morels or Bouchon by Thomas Keller
  • Signature Champagne in suite, once per stay
Waldorf Astoria-
  • $100 spa treatment credit per room, per stay
Wynn-
  • $50 Spa credit, once during stay
  • $50 Resort credit, per room, per stay
As far as pricing goes, this is what the comparison I found was for my specific dates, I bolded what would be the cheapest/best way to book imo! The bright side here is that most properties had identical pricing, even compared to booking directly with the property. So you can weigh the value of the amenities by themselves.
Note that these are pretax costs & no resort fee included (see below for tax confusion on LHC)

Aria- Chase: $159.20 FHR: Only offer Skysuites (no pricing available) Property Website: $159.00
Bellagio- Chase: 288.80 FHR: 288 Property Website: 288
Ceasars Palace- Chase:193.93 FHR: Not offered Property Website: 143
Delano- Chase: 209.25 FHR: 209 Property website: 209
Mandalay Bay- Chase: 189.00 FHR: Not offered Property Website: 189
MGM Grand- Chase: 155.20 FHR: Not offered Property Website: 139
Park MGM- Chase: 159.42 FHR: 159.42 Property Website: 159
Cosmopolitan- Chase: 327.67 FHR: No pricing available Property Website: 250
Palazzo- Chase: 265.31 FHR: 189.00 Property Website: 189
Signature & MGM- Chase:199.20 FHR: Not offered
Venetian- Chase: 287.98 FHR: Not offered Property Website: $167
Trump Int- Chase:276.64 FHR: Not offered Property Website: 157
Waldorf Astoria- Chase: 477.33 FHR: 376.00 Property website: 361
Wynn- Chase: 349.33 FHR: No pricing available Property Website: 269

Taxes: Chase lists this when looking at nightly cost:
* Price displayed is the starting from average price for the nights selected and is for the total amount based on double occupancy and your search parameters. Rate is inclusive of hotel taxes; resort fees may be additional.

However when you get to the confirmation page you see this.
  • Hotel taxes and resort fees may be additional.

When I booked my 2 stays. I did not receive an itemized breakdown, so I am unaware if my rate encompassed taxes or not... If taxes were indeed included, Chase wins hands down for pricing. It would even be cheaper for most hotels than booking directly with the property. I'm fully expecting to get charged taxes at final booking. Might be something I bring up to Chase at a later date.

Hope this could help someone out!
Tanic and levilevi like this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:36 am

No mlife points

Not sure if this has been brought up but reserving the Bellagio through FHR means you do NOT get mlife points (at 30x) for your stay. They swore up and down that I booked with Expedia (you mean orbitz) and that mlife points aren’t given for third party reservations.

otherwise booked a fountain view king room for 17-20 for about $30 less than the going rate. Got no room upgrade (that’s normal) and “free” early check in (that’s a charge now?!) as well as late check out.

Sadelles is included in the Breakfast credit.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:57 am
mia

Originally Posted by Skywise
....booked with Expedia (you mean orbitz)....]
FHR bookings have been handled by Platinum Travel Service rather than Amex Travel (Orbitz). Was this a prepaid or postpaid stay?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Skywise
Not sure if this has been brought up but reserving the Bellagio through FHR means you do NOT get mlife points (at 30x) for your stay. They swore up and down that I booked with Expedia (you mean orbitz) and that mlife points aren’t given for third party reservations.

otherwise booked a fountain view king room for 17-20 for about $30 less than the going rate. Got no room upgrade (that’s normal) and “free” early check in (that’s a charge now?!) as well as late check out.

Sadelles is included in the Breakfast credit.
Did you choose prepay and get 5X MR points? That way you don't get Mlife points.
But if you run your credit card at the hotel front desk, you DO get Mlife and Hyatt points (based on my personal experience and many many datapoints).
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by mendezka
As many of us are a bit annoyed by the Vegas changes to FHR (Spa credits instead of F&B) I thought I'd write out a little comparison I found between the 2 programs (Chase LHC & Amex FHR). I just booked 2 separate, 1 night stays through Chase's LHC using a Chase freedom unlimited card ($0) annual fee. Here are my thoughts & quick analysis between the 2 programs.
appreciate the guide. also, i know this has been discussed, but to confirm again for 2019:

1) both LHC and FHR still allow one nighters with all the benefits right? for some reason, i thought there was a 2 night requirement in either program. curious if anyone has had issues going back and forth to the same property.

2) both require you to reserve with a chase or amex CC, but you can just use whatever CC you want upon checkout to close out the bill and still get all the benefits? however, i believe for all prepayment on the LHC or FHR websites, you cant use any other bank except for the chase or amex right?

3) does anyone know what is the latest on prepayment and getting mlife/hyatt credit? eg amex 5x MR FHR w/ mlife/hyatt credit. i keep reading prepayment is similar to OTA and you get nothing. but there is so much mixed information im reading including blog posts like this one

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jan 27, 2019 at 1:43 pm
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:20 pm
mia

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
..... amex CC, but you can just use whatever CC you want upon checkout to close out the bill and still get all the benefits? ....
FHR requires payment with an American Express card in the name of the FHR-eligible cardmember named in the booking. Not every property enforces, but many do. Read here:

FHR - Have to pay with Centurion/Platinum?
GundamWing01 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.