Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:28 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by bgriff
For MGM properties the first night deposit is charged as coming from the hotel. (May be the case elsewhere too, I just know it from firsthand experience for MGM.) So you should be good with your Amex offer, as long as either the first night costs enough to trigger the offer, or the rest of your balance at the hotel will, or the offer specifically allows it to be triggered across multiple transactions.
Amex chat told me it would show as a charge to Amex Travel. Perhaps a call will confirm rather than chat!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:06 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by ymx
Amex chat told me it would show as a charge to Amex Travel. Perhaps a call will confirm rather than chat!
The Amex reps may get confused with a prepaid FHR reservation, which would charge as Amex Travel. As long as it is a postpaid reservation, the first night deposit (which is standard for all postpaid MGM hotel bookings through any channel) will charge from the hotel. As long as it is a flexible booking outside the cancellation window, you could also just make the booking and see what happens and cancel if you don't like the outcome.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:16 pm

Cosmopolitan October 2019 - 3 nights

Room: Terrace 1 BR, Fountain View (newly renovated)
Checkin: Early checkin not needed.
Upgrade: Was told "hotel is full". I didn't push it, but I doubt they were full.
Late Checkout: Offered, used 4PM
Breakfast Credit: Free buffet at Wicked Spoon with VIP access (honestly VIP access is really useful as there was never anyone in that line)
Credits: $100 Spa credit, used.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Palazzo Las Vegas FHR - Update:

stayed Sep 3-6 in a Prestige King Suite (which includes access to Prestige Lounge), was upgraded to a strip view.

Breakfast credit is now $65/day (total) and can be used at Grand Lux Cafe (no time restrictions) or Room service (breakfast only)

Spa Credit - $100 - not valid for Spa pass or specials (this is a major downgrade)

on a side note, FHR was offering a "$200 resort credit" on this booking. There were no terms and conditions on the website. When I checked in, I was given a "coupon" that said the $200 was limited to 3 restaurants and 2 bars (out of maybe 20 total). This was another disappointment. We did use the credit for a nice meal at the Factory Kitchen (Italian).

My impression is that the Palazzo strives to be a top tier property on the strip, but they fall short of the Wynn/Encore.

We had a nice stay at the property, overall. The Prestige lounge offers evening happy hour with alcohol and snacks. The food was ok, nothing great, similar to a domestic Marriott Concierge Lounge offerings.

The drinks included decent brands of alcohol (e.g. Grey Goose Vodka, Hendricks Gin, etc.) We tried 3 different mixed drinks and they all tasted a bit off, perhaps the juices/mixers were low quality or expired. Service was friendly but they could have used an additional server or 2.

Concierge service was friendly and helpful. I complained about the Spa Credit no longer being valid for a day pass (It used to be.) The concierge spoke to a manager and made an exception, which was appreciated.
Thanks for this. While my next stay will likely be the Encore/Wynn, I really do like the Palazzo/Venetian too. If given the choice, I would prefer the $200 to be used on whatever I want. However, I'd be quite happy with access to 5 free places. I'm sure I can find something worthwhile to offset the huge drink and food expense in Vegas.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:50 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Worked as you said - prepayment was taken directly by the Mandalay. My only regret was that my total bill came to $880 and had I gotten a gift certificate for $120 I would have been able to utilize the Amex offer on another card, at a net cost of only $20. The front desk said they didn't issue gift cards, but I could have gone to one of the restaurants most likely.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bgriff
The Amex reps may get confused with a prepaid FHR reservation, which would charge as Amex Travel. As long as it is a postpaid reservation, the first night deposit (which is standard for all postpaid MGM hotel bookings through any channel) will charge from the hotel. As long as it is a flexible booking outside the cancellation window, you could also just make the booking and see what happens and cancel if you don't like the outcome.
That's been my experience in the past as well but I made a reservation a couple weeks ago at the NoMad and the charge was from AmEx FHR. It's refundable so if the rates haven't gone up I may try again.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Palazzo credit changing

I don't think this has been mentioned, but looks like Palazzo $100 Spa credit is changing to, $100 property credit as of 2020.

I've updated the Wiki.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:51 pm

Bellagio question :

FHR for Bellagio suite and above offer round trip airport transfer with their in house limo (used it couple of times)

Booked 3 nights at the Bellagio for a "Bellagio suite" under the black Friday sales

I'd like to cancel the last night of the black friday sales and book this last night with FHR to take advantage of the round's trip limo transfer (and probably the lounge check in and maybe access for the entire stay). Won't use the late check out and probably not the SPA credit

Do you believe that it'll work ? (means no change of room, round's trip airport transfer granted with an airport pick up 3 days prior FHR stay, lounge check in, lounge access)
Can we have FHR breakfast on arrival day ? (very early departure so no breakfast )

FYI :
- I'll book the exact same room for both reservations. (not expecting an FHR upgrade)
- I prefer to book the last night with FHR as the first night is extremelty expensive so I save a lot with Black Friday
- The lounge check is proably what I value more (the lounge access during stay is nice but not that important)

Thank you very much all for your help
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:03 am

FHR booked for Wynn resort king for three nights during AWS ReInvent conference. Was hoping for a Tower Suite upgrade but was shocked to find out they upgraded me to a Parlor Suite. YES!
Adelphos likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by krustykramer
FHR booked for Wynn resort king for three nights during AWS ReInvent conference. Was hoping for a Tower Suite upgrade but was shocked to find out they upgraded me to a Parlor Suite. YES!
Congrats. Hope you enjoyed )
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Where does it say it includes AIRPORT TRANSFER FOR BELLAGIO SUITES?

I just booked via FHR for "Bellagio Two Queen Suite" (its 1100 sq feet, so it is a suite)

can someone confirm if it does indeed include roundtrip airport transfer?

THANKS

Originally Posted by CGRA
Bellagio question :

FHR for Bellagio suite and above offer round trip airport transfer with their in house limo (used it couple of times)

Booked 3 nights at the Bellagio for a "Bellagio suite" under the black Friday sales
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:52 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum Premier, Skywards Gold, HH Gold, M&M FTL
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
Room: Booked Tower King Suite
Checkin: Checked in around noon at Tower Suites checkin
Upgrade: Upgraded to Parlor Suite
Late Checkout: Not Used
Breakfast Credit:$40 per person (2 people) at many places. We ate at Tableau, right next to the elevator
Credits: $100 Spa credit went unused.
Thanks for sharing your review. I am wondering, if you originally already booked a tower suite (which comes with 50 USD breakfast credit through resort fee afaik) AND the FHR rate, would the breakfast benefits stack up?
In that case it should be a 130 USD breakfast credit, shouldn't it?
Or was the resort fee waived for the FHR rate?

Thanks for clarifying!

Last edited by Travelsam; Jan 5, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Travelsam
would the breakfast benefits stack up?
Sadly, these benefits don't stack. But $80 for breakfast here is enough to get a good meal for 2. I would recommend booking ahead too, as there can be a line at busier times. This can be done online.

Or was the resort fee waived for the FHR rate?
Nope. The new resort fee is for everyone (paying for their stay)

The resort fee does make this less of a deal, but I really like the location of the Wynn Tower in the building. The tables we play at, most of the restaurants we like, and the arrival and departure logistics work well for us here.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:07 am

Thanks for sharing the details! This renders FHR for stays which are longer than 1-2 nights pretty useless in my opinion compared to booking directly.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:45 am

Thanks for sharing the details! This renders FHR for stays which are longer than 1-2 nights pretty useless in my opinion compared to booking directly.
OK, I have to revise my statement. After checking back with Amex I know that the resort fee is included in the FHR rate displayed to me which now makes FHR kind of a good deal vs. booking directly if you consider the included benefits.

/Sam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.