Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Palazzo Las Vegas FHR - Update:

stayed Sep 3-6 in a Prestige King Suite (which includes access to Prestige Lounge), was upgraded to a strip view.

Breakfast credit is now $65/day (total) and can be used at Grand Lux Cafe (no time restrictions) or Room service (breakfast only)

Spa Credit - $100 - not valid for Spa pass or specials (this is a major downgrade)

on a side note, FHR was offering a "$200 resort credit" on this booking. There were no terms and conditions on the website. When I checked in, I was given a "coupon" that said the $200 was limited to 3 restaurants and 2 bars (out of maybe 20 total). This was another disappointment. We did use the credit for a nice meal at the Factory Kitchen (Italian).

My impression is that the Palazzo strives to be a top tier property on the strip, but they fall short of the Wynn/Encore.

We had a nice stay at the property, overall. The Prestige lounge offers evening happy hour with alcohol and snacks. The food was ok, nothing great, similar to a domestic Marriott Concierge Lounge offerings.

The drinks included decent brands of alcohol (e.g. Grey Goose Vodka, Hendricks Gin, etc.) We tried 3 different mixed drinks and they all tasted a bit off, perhaps the juices/mixers were low quality or expired. Service was friendly but they could have used an additional server or 2.

Concierge service was friendly and helpful. I complained about the Spa Credit no longer being valid for a day pass (It used to be.) The concierge spoke to a manager and made an exception, which was appreciated.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
This was helpful, fancy Nachos. Thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
on a side note, FHR was offering a "$200 resort credit" on this booking. There were no terms and conditions on the website. When I checked in, I was given a "coupon" that said the $200 was limited to 3 restaurants and 2 bars (out of maybe 20 total). This was another disappointment. We did use the credit for a nice meal at the Factory Kitchen (Italian).
Off the top of my head I'd guess there are actually close to 50 restaurants/bars in the Venetian/Palazzo complex, so I would have raised a huge fuss about this (even though I do like Factory Kitchen). I could accept if maybe a handful of restaurants weren't eligible or if it excluded restaurants in, say, the Canal Shoppes. Do you recall what the other eligible restaurants/bars were?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by gengar
Off the top of my head I'd guess there are actually close to 50 restaurants/bars in the Venetian/Palazzo complex, so I would have raised a huge fuss about this (even though I do like Factory Kitchen). I could accept if maybe a handful of restaurants weren't eligible or if it excluded restaurants in, say, the Canal Shoppes. Do you recall what the other eligible restaurants/bars were?
Restaurants: it was Factory Kitchen, Mott 32, Cut

for bars it was Rosina and I can’t remember the other one

we were hoping to eat at “Once” (Peruvian restaurant) but the credit was not valid there

Last edited by nachosdelux; Sep 7, 2019 at 9:39 am
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Restaurants: it was Factory Kitchen, Mott 32, Cut
Those are actually three of my top picks at V/P. I'd still be pretty annoyed about it though.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
This was a huge disappointment to me as well. Considering that you are being hit with an almost worthless $40/day resort fee, taking the $100 F&B credit just added more to the insult.
I checked out Chase's LR&H collection and found the same price for Delano with the $100 F&B credit. Since there was in essence no difference in the two choices, I reserved with Chase and used Chase CC which comes with better travel insurance.

I guess all the CC companies are going down the tubes, but Citi and Amex are vying for first place.
Thanks to your posting, I cancelled my FHR reservation and rebooked it with LH&R

I'm assuming all properties charge resort fees, else would consider a more expensive hotel
Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: UA - Gold
Question concerning the Delano revisions - it seemed like earlier in the thread the Delano had removed the ability to take advantage of Dellas on check-in day; is that not back or is the sense/experience that it's on a "per night" basis now?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
The Wynn - Tuesday October 1 - Friday October 4

Room: Booked Tower King Suite
Checkin: Checked in around noon at Tower Suites checkin
Upgrade: Upgraded to Parlor Suite
Late Checkout: Not Used
Breakfast Credit:$40 per person (2 people) at many places. We ate at Tableau, right next to the elevator
Credits: $100 Spa credit went unused.

Another fine stay at this hotel. I like the Parlor suites as it puts a corner and a room between the hallway and the bedroom, and this helps with the isolation from loud people in the halls. And there were a few, but none that woke us up.

I pre-paid this time to get the 5X points. I neglected to ask if I could then use a non-Amex card for incidentals - my guess is that I could.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like NoMad has been added. Anyone know what the $100 credit is good for?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
I spoke to AMEX PTS via online chat function and they told me the NoMad benefit as of December 2019 is for food and beverage. YMMV in case they switch to spa credit
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Palazzo Las Vegas FHR - Update:

stayed Sep 3-6 in a Prestige King Suite (which includes access to Prestige Lounge), was upgraded to a strip view.

Breakfast credit is now $65/day (total) and can be used at Grand Lux Cafe (no time restrictions) or Room service (breakfast only)

Spa Credit - $100 - not valid for Spa pass or specials (this is a major downgrade)

on a side note, FHR was offering a "$200 resort credit" on this booking. There were no terms and conditions on the website. When I checked in, I was given a "coupon" that said the $200 was limited to 3 restaurants and 2 bars (out of maybe 20 total). This was another disappointment. We did use the credit for a nice meal at the Factory Kitchen (Italian)....
Thanks for the report!

Currently, the benefit for my dates (January 2020) reads, "USD$100 Property credit to be used during your stay" . I'm guessing (hoping?) that this can be used for food or anything else on property...anyone with this offer investigate yet?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:43 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
FHR with both Hyatt and MGM status

I'm about to book an upcoming stay through FHR this weekend at the Delano and would appreciate some help.

I have both MGM (Gold) and Hyatt (Explorist) status. With the Hyatt/MGM partnership, I'm confused about what I earn at MGM properties when I have my accounts linked, and therefore which loyalty number to enter in my FHR reservation.

For what it's worth, I only go to Vegas 1x per year, so the Hyatt points are probably more valuable to me. But I think the programs allow you to double-dip, so confused about that.

Thanks so much!
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:57 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by ymx
I'm about to book an upcoming stay through FHR this weekend at the Delano and would appreciate some help.

I have both MGM (Gold) and Hyatt (Explorist) status. With the Hyatt/MGM partnership, I'm confused about what I earn at MGM properties when I have my accounts linked, and therefore which loyalty number to enter in my FHR reservation.

For what it's worth, I only go to Vegas 1x per year, so the Hyatt points are probably more valuable to me. But I think the programs allow you to double-dip, so confused about that.

Thanks so much!
Yes, you can double-dip. I think you'd want to put your MGM number in your FHR booking, though honestly I'm not 100% sure if it will even transfer through anyway. The important thing is to reconfirm your MGM number at check-in, and also provide them your Hyatt number. (Sometimes that is linked automatically behind the scenes, but it's worth reconfirming anyway.)

Then you should earn Mlife tier points for the stay (which aren't worth anything other than credit toward a higher Mlife status level) as well as Hyatt points.

Note that if you spend money at restaurants/bars/clubs at other MGM properties on the Strip (Bellagio, Aria, Mandalay, MGM Grand, etc.) you can charge it to your room at Delano and thus earn Hyatt points for it. Can be quite a lucrative way to earn Hyatt points, really.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:37 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by bgriff
Yes, you can double-dip. I think you'd want to put your MGM number in your FHR booking, though honestly I'm not 100% sure if it will even transfer through anyway. The important thing is to reconfirm your MGM number at check-in, and also provide them your Hyatt number. (Sometimes that is linked automatically behind the scenes, but it's worth reconfirming anyway.)

Then you should earn Mlife tier points for the stay (which aren't worth anything other than credit toward a higher Mlife status level) as well as Hyatt points.

Note that if you spend money at restaurants/bars/clubs at other MGM properties on the Strip (Bellagio, Aria, Mandalay, MGM Grand, etc.) you can charge it to your room at Delano and thus earn Hyatt points for it. Can be quite a lucrative way to earn Hyatt points, really.
Thanks so much. One additional question: The FHR website is showing that there is a partial payment under "total due today" so it doesn't appear that the bulk of the rate is charged at the hotel itself. I'm assuming that this charge is to Amex, and not to the hotel? That's a dealbreaker as there is an Amex Offer I was hoping to apply to the charge.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:44 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by ymx
Thanks so much. One additional question: The FHR website is showing that there is a partial payment under "total due today" so it doesn't appear that the bulk of the rate is charged at the hotel itself. I'm assuming that this charge is to Amex, and not to the hotel? That's a dealbreaker as there is an Amex Offer I was hoping to apply to the charge.
For MGM properties the first night deposit is charged as coming from the hotel. (May be the case elsewhere too, I just know it from firsthand experience for MGM.) So you should be good with your Amex offer, as long as either the first night costs enough to trigger the offer, or the rest of your balance at the hotel will, or the offer specifically allows it to be triggered across multiple transactions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.