Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Does anyone know if it is possible to use the $100 FHR property credit at Bellagio to pay for the resort fees?
Old Nov 18, 2016, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Katlor
Does anyone know if it is possible to use the $100 FHR property credit at Bellagio to pay for the resort fees?
Cannot, food, spa, or shows I believe.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Has anyone managed to confirm if the Delano offers VIP lounge check-in with a FHR booking?
Based on my experience they do not. Which sucks because their check-in desk can take a while if you have bad timing.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I just checked in at the Delano for a two-night stay with two guests in a room; the check-in agent told me that

(1) a room upgrade was not available, and also
(2) the $30 per person per day breakfast credit is available today (on arrival) as well as on Saturday/Sunday.

I'm a little surprised by (2) -- but based on what the desk agent told me, I guess I'll expect that up to $60/day of food&beverage charged to the room at the restaurant (Della's Kitchen) or via room service will be removed from the bill for each of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We'll see how that goes.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mherdeg
I just checked in at the Delano for a two-night stay with two guests in a room; the check-in agent told me that

(1) a room upgrade was not available, and also
(2) the $30 per person per day breakfast credit is available today (on arrival) as well as on Saturday/Sunday.

I'm a little surprised by (2) -- but based on what the desk agent told me, I guess I'll expect that up to $60/day of food&beverage charged to the room at the restaurant (Della's Kitchen) or via room service will be removed from the bill for each of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We'll see how that goes.
Thats correct and has been my experience each time. Its good for the day of arrival (Della's closes at 2) and room service. Last time I stayed I noticed that even though they tell you it expires at midnight, it balances across the entire stay. Ex, one day was 55, one was 65, but it still came out to 120 so it was covered. I wouldn't push that too far though. As far as room upgrades go, I've been told the Queen doesn't get upgraded as they really don't have anything higher that it can go to except the full suite. The King would be upgraded to the view.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 3:00 pm

Where can I use $100 property credit at Delano?

Where exactly can the $100 property credit be used at the Delano? Spa? Against resort fee? Any F&B in the Mandalay Bay complex? Any MGM sister hotel so long as I can room charge back to Delano?
Old Nov 20, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
Just checked into the Wynn. Got the upsale pitch for Tower Suites. Asked about the resort fee waiver. Apparently as of this month, Tower Suites are now subject to resort fees.
Buyer beware

Last edited by YtravelF; Nov 20, 2016 at 2:20 pm
Old Nov 20, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, ALL Limitless, Amex Platinum
Yes, resort fees now apply and Wynn and Encore Tower suites.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:50 am

Quick Bellagio report: 2 nights this past weekend. Used invited guest line. Didn't use early check in, has reserved deluxe fountain room - upgrade was offered to a bigger room, but it was not fountain view, so I passed. Late check out offered and accepted.

Resort fees not waived or covered by credit, BUT folio had a $5/day resort fee credit on it - wonder if that's a benefit of FHR? I certainly didn't ask.

No more vouchers for breakfast/cafes - all electronic, which is nice. Had to pay out of pocket for buffet about <$10 for 2 people. Credit used for 2 spa day passes ($40 each) and some drinks at Petrossan Bar.

didnt check out until about 2:30pm and the checkin / front desk area was a zoo - so pulled up on screen in the room and saw everything automatically deducted, so that saved me time leaving as well.

All in all, the hotel was a zoo this weekend with some massive weddings and the fight at t-mobile nearby, but handled reasonably well.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jumbotusk
Where exactly can the $100 property credit be used at the Delano? Spa? Against resort fee? Any F&B in the Mandalay Bay complex? Any MGM sister hotel so long as I can room charge back to Delano?
$100 credit can be used at Mandalay or Delano spa, as well as most restaurants in the Mandalay/Delano complex. I recently used the $100 credit at Aureole....nice dinner!

I don't believe the $100 can be used for resort fees
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
There is a sale going on at the spa in the Palazzo, but it says it can't be used with any other discounts, offers or specials.

Can I still use the FHR credit if I get the sale price for a treatment?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
There is a sale going on at the spa in the Palazzo, but it says it can't be used with any other discounts, offers or specials.

Can I still use the FHR credit if I get the sale price for a treatment?
Yes, just charge it to your room. The credit is essentially a restricted gift ard.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by levilevi
Resort fees not waived or covered by credit, BUT folio had a $5/day resort fee credit on it - wonder if that's a benefit of FHR? I certainly didn't ask.
That's a rebate of the value of the wifi.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by levilevi
BUT folio had a $5/day resort fee credit on it - wonder if that's a benefit of FHR?
Sometimes, if the resort fee includes Internet access, and the FHR rate also includes Internet access, you may get a small deduction like this to handle the 'Free Internet' part of FHR
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Recently finished a 3-night stay at Bellagio, will post FHR experience here:

Booked the third-night-free Amex FHR rate for the lowest category of room. Was upgraded to 18th floor Strip View King in the Spa Tower. The view was very good-- could see Cosmo, Paris, and the Bellagio Lake from the window. Walking all the way to the Spa Tower is annoying but the one bonus is that you can easily access the pool using the Spa Tower elevator. The room was fine-- kind of small compared to what you get as an upgrade at Wynncore, but it was okay. Clean and with nice furnishings.

FHR rate comes with a one-time $100 credit and $60/day breakfast credit. I asked whether the $100 credit covers tips, and got conflicting answers. In the end all of my charges at Michael Mina and Petrossian bar were removed from the bill, tips and tax included. The $60 breakfast credit can be used any time of day, which makes it a quite generous credit. However, I did have to call down to ask the desk to remove breakfast charges during the course of the stay-- the electronic removal seems to be a bit spotty and doesn't always catch the charges. A quick phone call cleared things up.

I was charged a resort fee for all three nights even though the third night is free on that rate. This is the first time I've been charged a resort fee on an AMEX FHR free night (in the past, Wynn & Mandarin didn't charge me a resort fee on the free night). Normally I would have disputed it but since the front desk generously removed every single meal charge, tip, and tax (which I believe actually surpassed $100, perhaps there was some credit leftover from breakfast and they used it to get rid of other charges), I felt like I was doing pretty well and left it at that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.