Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Thanks all. Was able to get 50K via Chrome Incognito. Applied, instant approval.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 2:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Sorry I can't find this answer in search...

If my spouse is my AU on this card (exact same card) is he eligible for the sign up bonus if he gets his own card?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TxTrav

If my spouse is my AU on this card (exact same card) is he eligible for the sign up bonus if he gets his own card?
Yes
Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by mia
Yes
Thanks. Now I just need to get the 50,000 offer to show up. I can't get it even with three different browsers.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:25 pm

Thanks. Now I just need to get the 50,000 offer to show up. I can't get it even with three different browsers.
try different devices or locations, work/home/tablet...etc, i can still see the offer on my work laptop.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
try different devices or locations, work/home/tablet...etc, i can still see the offer on my work laptop.
Seriously?! My data point may be worthless, but I am not exaggerating when I say I have tried this 300-500 times over the past three days.

5 different computers, 2 cellphones, 0 offers. Bummer.

Also, a VPN tied to a computer 2000 miles away.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:03 pm
mia

I can see the 50,000 point offer now. Chromebook, Incognito, UK IP address.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I can see the 50,000 point offer now. Chromebook, Incognito, UK IP address.
Mia,

Do you mind posting the link? I just used LogMeIn to get into a relative's computer (no affiliation with Amex) and also could not get the offer to populate. I think I'm losing it...
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
You *are* using incognito, right? I got the offer to show up again from the OP link just now. Also, I got it to show up Saturday night and applied then, got the card today.

Also, I just got my PRG today. Besides choosing an airline and working on the $100 credit, are there any other manual steps I should take with my new PRG?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by pritomd
You *are* using incognito, right? I got the offer to show up again from the OP link just now. Also, I got it to show up Saturday night and applied then, got the card today.
Indeed, attempted Incognito on Chrome, In-Private on I.E...I cannot believe this is still working for people.

**UPDATE** AMEX sure has some advanced tracking systems...I used TOR and got it after three tries. Not sure why I did not just do that in the beginning. If it does not pop for you in 10-20 tries, use TOR and create new sessions! Do not pull a me and try for days on end, ha! GL

Last edited by sn0wie; Nov 23, 2015 at 10:13 pm
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by sn0wie
Indeed, attempted Incognito on Chrome, In-Private on I.E...I cannot believe this is still working for people.

**UPDATE** AMEX sure has some advanced tracking systems...I used TOR and got it after three tries. Not sure why I did not just do that in the beginning. If it does not pop for you in 10-20 tries, use TOR and create new sessions! Do not pull a me and try for days on end, ha! GL
I can't even get it to show up using by TOR and creating continual sessions. Insanely frustrating.

Edit: TOR worked yet I was prompted with a message saying that I must call in to verify information. I'm guessing TOR tripped a fraud alert.

Last edited by hilllaryy; Nov 23, 2015 at 11:56 pm
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Nope, tried all of that. Three devices, incognito/private on four browsers. No dice. But spouse has five computers/devices that I've never used for apps so I'll try those next.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:02 pm

Nope, tried all of that. Three devices, incognito/private on four browsers. No dice. But spouse has five computers/devices that I've never used for apps so I'll try those next.
Others have tried TOR as mentioned above and that worked for them.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Beware, the 50K points does not convert to 500 USD. AMEX has a different point-to-cash value conversion rate than its competitors. When redeeming for statement credit, you get .60/1, whereas my other cards is 1/1 (100 points = $1).
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:47 pm
mia

Welcome to Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by Finance_underling
... AMEX has a different point-to-cash value conversion rate...
Inasmuch as this is a travel forum it would be unusual to convert points potentially worth $0.02 in airfare for $0.01 in cash, but you are correct that American Express's cash redemption options are unattractive.

See here:

https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...svc/pricinghub

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.