Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Out of curiosity, how long does it take for a new PRG to show up online? For some reason I remember that my former Delta Gold showed up pretty quickly after applying without me needing to manually add it. Or is it something that won't be able to happen until after I get the physical card since I applied over the phone?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by tmiw
Out of curiosity, how long does it take for a new PRG to show up online? For some reason I remember that my former Delta Gold showed up pretty quickly after applying without me needing to manually add it. Or is it something that won't be able to happen until after I get the physical card since I applied over the phone?
I applied online on February 2. As soon as I completed the application and was accepted, there was a page that asked me if I wanted to link the card to an existing online account. I entered my login and password, and the PRG was instantly added to my online account.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:55 pm

Sorry, I just noticed the part about you applying over the phone. I don't know for sure what happens in that case.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:47 pm

FINALLY got the 50k/$1k offer to show up on Tor after quite a few tries and new sessions. I also saw 50k/$3k offer while cycling through. Applied and approved online tonight.

Took several screenshots of the offer while applying. Will confirm through online chat in a few days about the bonus details.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finagler
Sorry, I just noticed the part about you applying over the phone. I don't know for sure what happens in that case.
My guess is that I'll have to add the card by hand when I get it in the mail. Speaking of that, it's too bad they're not rushing the card--you'd think for $185 AF after the first year they'd do so automatically but I guess not.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:07 pm

Like I said, I applied online on February 2. After finishing online, I immediately placed a call to American Express to ask them to expedite the card to me. As soon as I asked the CSR to do this for me, he checked my account status and said the card had automatically been marked for expedited delivery before I even called in. I had my PRG in hand by the morning of February 4.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:22 pm

I received a target offer via mail for the Biz gold 75k after 4k first year AF waived.

I was a previous Biz Platinum for 8 years or so and just cancelled last summer. I already have a few offers I'm trying to fulfill, so am not sure I can stretch an additional 4k over 3 months. I'm typically done MO all too much due to time. So in this case, would the easiest way be GC to MO th to get the minimum spends in on this temporary basis?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Received via my Skymiles account. That is the max offer they have and figured time to do it. Worthwhile if you are on Delta a bunch and I end up doing at least 20 round trip tickets for business and 5-10 others.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: I called AmEx again because I got a targeted email with the 50K/$1K offer (and thought my application wasn't actually submitted) and was able to get my new PRG added to my online account. Otherwise it probably wouldn't have been added until I got the physical card.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:11 pm

Can't load the 50k offer through various methods. Boo.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:36 pm

What's the highest point bonus that the PRG card has been in the past?

The only targeted mailer I've gotten in the past few years was for an Ink+ card that I was approved for a few days ago. I do have a legit business, but no EIN as I'm the only employee.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by winsteven13
Can't load the 50k offer through various methods. Boo.
Fly Delta?

Old Feb 18, 2016, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In today's mails there is this offer with specific code.

I quickly scanned the small prints but did not find the language about "if you have owned the same product before you are not eligible for another bonus" verbiage.

In fact, there is not even listed anywhere on Eligibility to receive the 50K bonus.

I had a PRG 3 or 4 years ago. Shouldn't it preclude me to get a second bonus?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Happy
In today's mails there is this offer with specific code.

I quickly scanned the small prints but did not find the language about "if you have owned the same product before you are not eligible for another bonus" verbiage.

In fact, there is not even listed anywhere on Eligibility to receive the 50K bonus.

I had a PRG 3 or 4 years ago. Shouldn't it preclude me to get a second bonus?
I would say yes, it would preclude you. Amex looks waaaay back. Some say 7 yrs at least. YMMV. You might try applying over the phone but ask about the bonus first.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
I would say yes, it would preclude you. Amex looks waaaay back. Some say 7 yrs at least. YMMV. You might try applying over the phone but ask about the bonus first.
No interest to apply over the phone.

It seems a Targeted offer works differently. I just spend 15 min read from page 40 and saw some posters have the targeted offer either thru the fancy mail or thru email - they did not find any exclusion language either.

Note there is complete absence of the following language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had a Platinum Card® account enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program.

I could not find the above language anywhere on any paper that comes in the fancy envelope.

Even mia has a post said there were reports people gotten targeted offers without the exclusion language received bonus again.

All the offers other posters tried to get them popped up online via various methods, contain the exclusion language.

So there is a difference between Targeted (with a specific code, and most likely would prefill your personal data) and the non-targeted, random offers people here try so hard to get it come up.

I just need to research more to get better data points. 50K / $1K spend first year 0 fee and decent earning rates on spend might be worth to risk a HP.

EDIT
Sheesh, Just got an email offer too. No exclusion language either.
This is getting ridiculous if AMEX does not allow another bonus why sends out targeted offers?

Last edited by Happy; Feb 18, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.