Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
...if AMEX does not allow another bonus why sends out targeted offers?
Premier Rewards Gold was recently refreshed:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-1-2015-a.html

...they are giving you an incentive to try the improved version.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Premier Rewards Gold was recently refreshed:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-1-2015-a.html

...they are giving you an incentive to try the improved version.
Yeah I knew they refreshed the product to have better earning rates, 0% forex and also $100 airline credit (no use to me because hardly incur incidental fees).

So you are saying if it is a targeted offer without the all too familiar exclusion language, one can get the bonus again? This is certainly better than the Biz version offer I got last year as it was 50K/$5K spend and then up to 75K/$10K spend. I threw it to the trash can.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Yeah I knew they refreshed the product to have better earning rates, 0% forex and also $100 airline credit (no use to me because hardly incur incidental fees).

So you are saying if it is a targeted offer without the all too familiar exclusion language, one can get the bonus again? This is certainly better than the Biz version offer I got last year as it was 50K/$5K spend and then up to 75K/$10K spend. I threw it to the trash can.
For what it's worth I got a targeted offer for PRG via email without that verbiage a day or two after I converted my Delta Gold card to something without an AF. I haven't had that card before though so that may have something to do with it.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:12 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I received the offer, an email, and also one in the Mail.

Have had the card before, but 50,000 more points is hard to say no to.

Maybe Amex want more cards out there after the Costco hit, always glad to help..
Old Feb 19, 2016, 6:15 am
mia

... $100 airline credit (no use to me because hardly incur incidental fees)....So you are saying if it is a targeted offer without the all too familiar exclusion language, one can get the bonus again? .
It is not necessary to incur any incidental fees to use the Airline fee reimbursement benefit.

The terms of your individual offer matter, the terms of other offers are unimportant. If the offer doesn't mention any exclusions there aren't any.

Originally Posted by satman40
...after the Costco hit.
I don't see any connection. All business partnerships end. Another vendor always has a better offer. Citi and VISA have missed their start up date.

In June American Express could have designated the refreshed Premier Rewards Gold a new product . This would have allowed everyone to apply for the card, and receive a new account bonus. Instead, they are sending out targeted offers and the response rate will probably be better because now it seems special. Marketing ^ .
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:15 pm

No luck still getting the 50k offer
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
It is not necessary to incur any incidental fees to use the Airline fee reimbursement benefit.

The terms of your individual offer matter, the terms of other offers are unimportant. If the offer doesn't mention any exclusions there aren't any.
Yes I know. The GC route. While it is free money, still requires record keeping for these things. I think I am the only one on FT still have thousands worth of AA and UA currency from 2 Citi TYP devaluations.

Have had confirmation from someone in the same situation. Good to go.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:26 pm

Data Point: I tried every way on every browser on my desktop. I tried every way on Chrome on my phone (Android). Then I installed Firefox on my phone and got 50k/1k on my first attempt.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:37 pm
mia

...The GC route. ...
If you choose UA there is more flexibility:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-ua-only.html
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by luckysevens7
Data Point: I tried every way on every browser on my desktop. I tried every way on Chrome on my phone (Android). Then I installed Firefox on my phone and got 50k/1k on my first attempt.
Are you using a link from this thread or just going to AMEX website??
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $1,000 Spend

What card can you downgrade the PRG to after the first year? Everyday?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 11:23 am
mia

Originally Posted by blitzen
What card can you downgrade the PRG to after the first year? Everyday?
No, you cannot downgrade a charge card to a credit card. You could downgrade to a standard Gold card or to a Green card, but there is no point:

• Gold, Premier Rewards (Annual fee $195, less $100, net $95)
  • Gold, standard (Annual fee $160)
  • Green (Annual fee $95)

If you are of a certain age you may be able to downgrade to a Senior Green which I believe would save a few dollars.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
No, you cannot downgrade a charge card to a credit card. You could downgrade to a standard Gold card or to a Green card, but there is no point:

• Gold, Premier Rewards (Annual fee $195, less $100, net $95)
  • Gold, standard (Annual fee $160)
  • Green (Annual fee $95)

If you are of a certain age you may be able to downgrade to a Senior Green which I believe would save a few dollars.
The $100 fee credit would shrink the PRG to an effective $95 anyway. That combined with good use of AmEx Offers could negate the vast majority if not all of the AF. Something to think about, anyway.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tmiw
That combined with good use of AmEx Offers could negate the vast majority if not all of the AF.
If you also have the no-fee Everyday, would you really get that many AmEx Offers unique to the PRG that you wouldn't get on the Everyday?

Btw, if you also have either variety of Everyday, that sort of "negates" the grocery 2x benefit of the PRG, since even on the no-fee Everyday, if you get to "20", that's effectively 2.4x on grocery.

Which means you would need some combination of Amex Offers unique to the PRG that you can use and/or enough extra points from the remaining 2x categories (restaurants and gas) and/or 3x category (airfare purchased directly from carrier), to offset the remaining $95.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:59 am

I've had a PRG card ~6 yrs ago. Back then the card didn't have an many features as it does now. Am I still not eligible to get another sign-up bonus for PRG since I got one a while ago? (wasn't sure if it was still considered the same product).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.