Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by JamieDee78
I received a 25k PRG offer through the mail in a beautiful, large black envelope, but isn't this just the standard offer? It says to apply by Jan 31st with RSVP code. SMDH
It might not be the standard offer (which excludes former cardholders). If you have had this card in the past this offer may give you the opportunity to earn 25K points after minimum spend. However, you will need to read all disclosures everywhere to make sure there is no language excluding you.

Yes, there is a better 50K offer. But you will need to be solicited either through the mail (in a envelope similar to the one you received this time) or email with a specific RSVP code. To the best of my knowledge AMEX will deny you the signup bonus as a former cardholder under any other circumstances. But AMEX is struggling, so even that can change at any time at their discretion.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:24 am

seems like converting a card to amex everday might have triggered mail offer in my family. got 25 and 50k offer for same person on same day. the only thing we did was convert and check for pre-approved offers (there weren't any at the time).
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by runb4fun
seems like converting a card to amex everday might have triggered mail offer in my family. got 25 and 50k offer for same person on same day. the only thing we did was convert and check for pre-approved offers (there weren't any at the time).
Does the mail offer contain an exclusion from the bonus points if you ever had the same card before?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Executive Platinum
Has anyone been able to get this offer recently? Have been trying like crazy for the past 3 days through a variety of browsers and nothing.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:02 pm

I ve been trying too but nothing.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:26 pm

Guys! I tried for way, way too long...all you need to do is use Tor and you will get it to populate. It took me maybe eight attempts and it worked flawlessly--keep in mind, I had previously used VPNs, different computers, different locations, and different browsers. Tor was the only thing that worked! G'luck!
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by sn0wie
Guys! I tried for way, way too long...all you need to do is use Tor and you will get it to populate. It took me maybe eight attempts and it worked flawlessly--keep in mind, I had previously used VPNs, different computers, different locations, and different browsers. Tor was the only thing that worked! G'luck!
When did you do this? I tried a couple of days ago with Tor and still wasn't able to get it. Is there a specific link you are following?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:25 pm
Suspended

I also tried with TOR and was unable to do it after multiple attempts. Can you please provide some more data points:

1. Operating system: Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10?
2. Tablet, laptop, desktop?
3. Processor (if you know) and speed (GHz).
4. If you don't mind, where are you located?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I also tried with TOR and was unable to do it after multiple attempts. Can you please provide some more data points:

1. Operating system: Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10?
2. Tablet, laptop, desktop?
3. Processor (if you know) and speed (GHz).
4. If you don't mind, where are you located?
Be careful with TOR as it will send it to their Fraud department.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:49 pm
Suspended

I would not be surprised. TOR is showing some of the nodes as France, Austria, Estonia, etc., etc. Still that one report on this thread says it is so easy to get the 50K offer in Tor, I haven't been able to replicate that at all.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:36 pm

FYI: I used standard Google Chrome Incognito and was able to pull up the new 50k/$3k offer (Canadian IP). I exited the window (and changed location to Netherlands IP) and was able to pull up the 50k/$1k offer in a new Incognito window
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:15 pm

I tried with tor and it work but it was more than 8 times i think i was over an hour doing it. But I got 50000 after $3000, is the 50000 after $1000 still on?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by shinji14
I tried with tor and it work but it was more than 8 times i think i was over an hour doing it. But I got 50000 after $3000, is the 50000 after $1000 still on?
When you say you tried for over an hour what is the process? Do you just continually click on the link or do you exit out of Tor and try it again?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:25 pm

I tried it again with the Tor browser and after several attempts it did work. After each attempt I clicked the option "New Identity" in the Tor browser and it took about 5 attempts.

Also, I was required to call AMEX and verify my identity. It was a simple 5-minute phone call in which they ask you a few basic identity questions based on public records.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:02 pm

Every time 50k after 1k spend from Japan

This is my first post, but FWIW I live in Japan and am able to make the offer pop up every time. Maybe if you have proxies/vpn point it towards Japan or another country and see what you can get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.