Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Long Islander
If I wasn't identified as someone who previously had this card, does this mean that I'll get the bonus?
American Express knows who you are. If you have had the same card they will issue another, but no bonus, even if someone on the telephone states otherwise.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Long Islander
Used IE 11, cleared cookies, went into InPrivate mode and the 50k/$1k spend offer came up first try. Got instant approval.

If I wasn't identified as someone who previously had this card, does this mean that I'll get the bonus?
Did you get an email confirming the bonus? When I was approved for the Delta card, I immediately got an email confirming the bonus. But when I was approved for the PRG, having applied under the 50,000-point bonus, I received no such email, even though I'm 100 percent sure the only Amex charge card I had ever had was a green.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
Did you get an email confirming the bonus? When I was approved for the Delta card, I immediately got an email confirming the bonus. But when I was approved for the PRG, having applied under the 50,000-point bonus, I received no such email, even though I'm 100 percent sure the only Amex charge card I had ever had was a green.
I got an email saying I was approved, but it didn't mention the bonus, nor have I ever gotten any email from any card company confirming a bonus.

Back in Feb 2012, I got a personal gold Amex card but I don't have an indication that it was a Premier Rewards Gold. Also, I've noticed that Amex isn't that good at keeping records of the types of card one has had in the past. I'm going to spend the $1k and see what happens. Worse case, I get a card that allows me to preserve my Amex rewards points and transfer to airline programs with no fee for the next year (my Biz Gold Amex expires in Feb).
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:31 pm

Sister-in-law received this 50k offer via mail. Not sure if it has the once in lifetime language or not, but she has never had the card.

Should she wait for a higher offer or is this about the best there will be for awhile?

Wish we received the juicy offers my brother and his wife receive...but I guess that is the price of playing the game. :-)
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
This offer doesn't appear all the time, you need to open multiple browsers/incognito mode to get it to show and use the following link:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...rds-gold/25330

Fine print says "If you are identified as a current or former American Express Card Member, this offer may not be available to you" but in the past this hasn't been enforced I don't think.

I tried for awhile to get a 75k offer to appear, but no luck yet. If anybody gets it to appear let me know.
Anybody still able to get 50k/1k spend to appear?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
cleared the cache and this link from US credit card guide worked first time but since I have had this before I will have to wait to get targeted.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-rewards-gold/
Got the 50k offer using this link, the one from the first post only gave me 25k.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi
Anybody still able to get 50k/1k spend to appear?
i applied for the 50k offer on 12/24, reached through incognito mode on a remote desktop session. the points posted the same day i hit the $1000 spend, which is a first. no mention of the bonus anywhere once i was approved, although i did see it multiple times during the application process. i took screen shots of all of them to be safe.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:07 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
There's a targeted offer for the business version of this card for 75k/$5k spend. Business version does not include the $100 airline credit though.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:04 am

I can't get it to show up on any phone/tablet/computer browser, tried incognito on all of them.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by ymx
There's a targeted offer for the business version of this card for 75k/$5k spend. Business version does not include the $100 airline credit though.
You mean online? I have seen 75k in mail offers but never online.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 1:10 pm
Suspended

I'm sure this was answered somewhere in the last 17 pages but when should the PRG's sign-up bonus points appear as "pending" after hitting the minimum spend?

My Delta and Hilton sign-up bonuses posted less than 48 hours after I hit the minimum spends, but I don't have anything pending yet for the PRG's bonus. Thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:56 pm

It will come if this is the first time you've signed up for the PRG.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:01 pm
Suspended

It is.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsk1973
I'm sure this was answered somewhere in the last 17 pages but when should the PRG's sign-up bonus points appear as "pending" after hitting the minimum spend?

My Delta and Hilton sign-up bonuses posted less than 48 hours after I hit the minimum spends, but I don't have anything pending yet for the PRG's bonus. Thanks.
5 business days, give or take. And it should go right to available, not pending. IME.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Interesting; thanks. I thought all Amex MR points went through the "pending" cycle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.