Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:43 pm

I just don't see the value if not using it to transfer to travel partners...if I could get $500 cash and $200 in airline credits sure, but otherwise it seems meh.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:06 am

I got the 50k/1k email invite the other day. Interestingly, there's no "have or have had" language in the footnotes of the email. Thoughts?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:48 pm

I used Chrome Incognito and got the 50k page.

The first time I used it, it went to a page saying the offer was invalid and linked me to the same 50k page. I saw the link ended with a ?invalidoffer=true and changed it to ?invalidoffer=false and hit enter and Apply, it took me to the application page.

Hope this helps someone.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:35 pm

Approved

Recently approved for the 50K/$1000 spend offer. AMEX provided 2 day expedited shipping at no extra charge. I had the card before (maybe 3 years ago?) but the new email offer had nothing in the terms about no bonus if you had the card in the past. It was missing that one paragraph you see in all the regular offers (I compared side by side). If I don't get the bonus again then arguing seems like a waste of time. Yet with no fee the first year and 2 $100 airline credits (plus any valuable upcoming AMEX offers that appear) I'll get good value out of the card anyway. The credit pull is done, might as well eke out whatever benefits I can. The "only" $1000 required spend sealed the deal for me.

Last edited by npf125; Dec 27, 2015 at 2:15 pm
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:58 am

I received a targeted email offer for the 50,000 pts/ $1000 spend. There is nothing in the terms and conditions, or anywhere else in the offer, that states you can't get the bonus again if you had the card before. Is there anyone out there that can confirm receipt of a 2nd bonus for this type of offer? Seems like American express should allow a 2nd bonus where they leave out the bonus exception clause. Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by fly35
I received a targeted email offer for the 50,000 pts/ $1000 spend. There is nothing in the terms and conditions, or anywhere else in the offer, that states you can't get the bonus again if you had the card before. Is there anyone out there that can confirm receipt of a 2nd bonus for this type of offer? Seems like American express should allow a 2nd bonus where they leave out the bonus exception clause. Thanks
Banks must strictly follow the terms and conditions of any offer they make. If you are directly targeted and there is absolutely nothing stated that says you can't get the bonus again, than you are entitled to that bonus. Just make sure that you have carefully scrutinized everything. Many of the people who post here "want" to receive something that is not being offered to them. Therefore, much of the discussion has focused on disappointed cardholders who had hoped for a computer glitch. Submit your application, spend your $1000, and I think you'll be fine. You'll also receive the $100 travel reimbursement which makes your decision even easier.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by fly35
You will get the bonus again, The mail offer is different then the incognito offer in regards to getting bonus if you have had the card.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bob The Builder
You will get the bonus again, The mail offer is different then the incognito offer in regards to getting bonus if you have had the card.
Right. The "rules" are changing. And AMEX probably decided to rethink the "once per lifetime" clause as the number cardholders started decreasing. So, they are gradually phasing in new strategies. Expected the unexpected, as the loss of Costco dramatically affects everything that AMEX does. Even more so if the SPG AMEX disapperars and CHASE gets control of the Marriott cardholders. No telling WHAT might happen at that point.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 5:26 pm
Suspended

The banks lose money from churners. I doubt the Costco loss had anything to do with it.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by jsk1973
The banks lose money from churners. I doubt the Costco loss had anything to do with it.
This rule also applies for anyone that had this card in the past that is not a churner and might have an interest in the card, but will not get it because of a "once in lifetime" bonus rule, this is were you lose business.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:17 am

cleared the cache and this link from US credit card guide worked first time but since I have had this before I will have to wait to get targeted.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-rewards-gold/
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:42 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

My wife just received a targeted PRG offer via snail mail for 25,000. Wow, thanks AMEX
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ninim2200
This rule also applies for anyone that had this card in the past that is not a churner and might have an interest in the card, but will not get it because of a "once in lifetime" bonus rule, this is were you lose business.
Sure, I could see a middle ground at "last 5 years" or so, but the current de facto 18-month industry standard is dumb and borders on inexplicable. It's an invitation for abuse.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:08 pm

Used IE 11, cleared cookies, went into InPrivate mode and the 50k/$1k spend offer came up first try. Got instant approval.

If I wasn't identified as someone who previously had this card, does this mean that I'll get the bonus?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:12 pm

I used IE 11, cleared cookies and used InPrivate mode. 50k bonus/$1k spend offer came up first try. Got instant approval.

Since I wasn't identified as someone who previously had this card, does this mean I'll get the bonus when the spending requirement is met?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.