Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:44 pm

I got the 50K offer by using Internet Explorer after not seeing it in Firefox or Chrome.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:20 pm
Suspended

For those of you that get the 50K offer, do you get it with this link:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...rds-gold/25330

or this link:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-rewards-gold/

Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:16 pm
Suspended

You guys --- I feel like a kid in a candy store. After about 4 or 5 days of trying...I got the 50K offer right now!! Here are some data points that may help someone:
  • I got it using Tor.
  • I pretty sure that I used the first link in my previous post.
  • I kept clicking the option "New Identity" (thank you bean counter!!!!)
  • My "Tor Circuit" that actually produced the 50K offer was:

This browser
v
UK
v
US
v
Internet

Any time I got a Tor circuit with France, Romaina, Estonia, it didn't come up. I think the fact that one of the nodes was UK helped, but I'm just guessing. I did not get a fraud alert, I was approved instantly, and I also was able to add the card to my existing AMX online account. I also took screenshots every step of the way! YEEEEEEHAAAA! 50K is alive and well!
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:37 pm

How did you add you card to your existing AMEX online account? I tried to do that, but it kept asking for my 15 digit credit card number, which I never got. Perhaps I'll just wait for it to arrive in the mail.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Somewhere in the process it gives the option (I think I clicked on a tab) to put in your username and password. This is after it tells you that you were approved. So I did, and then it makes you go through the steps - do you want paperless billing, alerts, etc. And then it gets put in the account. I still don't know the account number except for the last 5 numbers, when I log into my account. Thanks again ^ I'm sure it was the clicking on "New Identity" that made it happen.

Old Jan 23, 2016, 8:40 am

Received the 50k after spending 1k offer 2 weeks ago, signed up and met the 1k spending threshold by 1/18. Still waiting for the rewards to post. Anyone know how long it usually takes? Also I have an Amex SPG card from last yearm hopefully that doesn't disqualify me from the bonus.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:28 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Madhavok
...Anyone know how long it usually takes?
If you have not recently held a Membership Rewards card it is likely to take the maximum time mentioned in the offer terms.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:37 pm

Just wanted to confirm the Tor method. I used the first link in Billy's post a few posts up...

I set my Tor exit node to always be US. I did the New Identity in between attempts.

After 5 or 6 attempts I finally landed on a Tor path of France > UK > US > Internet and received the 50k/1k offer (and subsequent approval). The option also came up to get the card # right away after verifying using SMS code and agreeing to all of the agreements.

All previous paths routed through Eastern European countries before back to the US didn't get the offer.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:39 pm
Suspended

You did even better than I because mine was 50K, 3K spend in first 3 months, first year fee waived. 3K should not be a problem for me, though.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Tried to use Tor multiple times to get the offer but the best I got was 50K after $3k spend.

Opened Chrome, without incognito mode…….50K/$1k. Doing this from Toronto.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Madhavok
Received the 50k after spending 1k offer 2 weeks ago, signed up and met the 1k spending threshold by 1/18. Still waiting for the rewards to post. Anyone know how long it usually takes? Also I have an Amex SPG card from last yearm hopefully that doesn't disqualify me from the bonus.
I met the minimum spend on my 50,000-point PRG offer around Jan. 5 and the points posted about five days ago. It took about a week longer than it did for my SkyMiles and HHonors bonuses to post after meeting the spending requirement. Those two showed up within about two days.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I'm curious--how is Tor (with a US based exit node) different than just using incognito mode? Is it just because it's using a different IP from what AmEx thinks you commonly visit their website from?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
I met the minimum spend on my 50,000-point PRG offer around Jan. 5 and the points posted about five days ago. It took about a week longer than it did for my SkyMiles and HHonors bonuses to post after meeting the spending requirement. Those two showed up within about two days.

Thank you!
Old Jan 23, 2016, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
I'm curious--how is Tor (with a US based exit node) different than just using incognito mode? Is it just because it's using a different IP from what AmEx thinks you commonly visit their website from?
I'm not exactly sure. All I know is I tried for about a week using every browser under the sun in incognito mode using VPNs from all over the US and world. I was convinced that AMEX had pulled the offer. As a last resort I tried Tor with the above mentioned method of clicking new identity after every attempt and low and behold after about 5 attempts the 50k/1k offer appeared.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:34 am
Suspended

Searching like this does not work for the Platinum/100,000 offer, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.