Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsk1973
Interesting; thanks. I thought all Amex MR points went through the "pending" cycle.
Not the min spend bonus although there have been a few scattered reports that people say their min spend bonus did go to pending. I've never experienced that, always gone right to available.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:18 pm

i think it depends on whether it's your first amex card or not. i've had a blue card for 10 years, so when i started churning, i got all my bonuses right away. my wife applied for a PRG last spring and saw her sign-up bonus points go to pending first.

also, RE: the 75k bonus for the business rewards gold: i got the 75k/$5k offer online (through incognito mode) in july of last year. i was targeted for 50k and found info on how to get the 75k offer here when i was looking for info on whether 50k was a good bonus.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:02 am

Got the 50k to show finally, wife auto approved for it. Thanks guys!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 11:27 pm

Data point: opening up the PRG page in Chrome incognito has given me a more or less even assortment of 25k/$2000, 50k/$3000, and 50k/$1000 offers. I was targeted for the latter on CardMatch last month but it hasn't shown up since, so I was worried I'd missed out - anyway, applied and approved!

Especially happy about not having to complete yet another $3000 minimum spend.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:53 pm

I received the 50k/$1k spend PRG offer in the mail with an RSVP code. I've had the PRG in the past, but I looked over the paperwork and couldn't find any language about previous cardholders being ineligible. I filled out the application online using the RSVP code and did not receive any warning about being ineligible, nor was there any language to that effect in the online terms and conditions. Is it possible I can actually get the signup bonus again?

Last edited by bleech2; Jan 15, 2016 at 6:58 pm
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:00 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bleech2
Is it possible I can actually get the signup bonus again?
Yes, there are a few other reports of individually targeted offers which do not include the once-in-a-lifetime exclusion.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:17 pm

ok how the hell do you get targeted offer from amex? I've had amex card for years and the only thing I ever get from them is bills. I get offers from other banks all the time. the cardmatch or whatever site never has amex offers for me.

and that inc. mode trick never works for me. i could try it 100 times.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by runb4fun
ok how the hell do you get targeted offer from amex? I've had amex card for years and the only thing I ever get from them is bills.
That's probably a clue as to why you aren't getting targeted offers. I've had an Amex for 9 years and never once received a targeted offer. As always, YMMV...
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by mia
Yes, there are a few other reports of individually targeted offers which do not include the once-in-a-lifetime exclusion.
Thanks. I was approved so we'll see what happens.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
That's probably a clue as to why you aren't getting targeted offers. I've had an Amex for 9 years and never once received a targeted offer. As always, YMMV...
wow, that is terrible.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 2:04 pm
Suspended

I've tried everything and can't seem to get the 50K offer to come up. Firefox, Chrome Incog, TOR, nothing...
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:12 am

Question, after having the card for 1 year, I could hypothetically use the $100 airline credit and then cancel within a week or so (once the credit posts)?

Although I would probably attempt to keep the card if they gave me a decent retention offer - but I just wanted to keep all my options open.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nonstopski
Question, after having the card for 1 year, I could hypothetically use the $100 airline credit and then cancel within a week or so (once the credit posts)?
Sure, I just did that actually.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
I received a 25k PRG offer through the mail in a beautiful, large black envelope, but isn't this just the standard offer? It says to apply by Jan 31st with RSVP code. SMDH
Old Jan 19, 2016, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by nonstopski

Although I would probably attempt to keep the card if they gave me a decent retention offer - but I just wanted to keep all my options open.
Or even before it posts - just needs to be triggered

Originally Posted by JamieDee78
I received a 25k PRG offer through the mail in a beautiful, large black envelope, but isn't this just the standard offer? It says to apply by Jan 31st with RSVP code. SMDH
Have you looked at this thread at all? the title even?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.