Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:30 pm

Applied for 50k, went to pending. Is there any harm with Amex to calling in before it's decided? This is my third Amex card, but first time not auto-approved. Hoping to use it as a means of holding MR for a year since the Platinum isn't worth keeping any more.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:13 am

I have an Amex Everyday credit card from which I got the 10k bonus on $1k spend. Yesterday I noticed that there was an offer of 50k bonus on the Premier gold rewards on $1k spend. I went ahead and applied and got approved. Do you think I will get the bonus on the gold card since I already collected on the everyday? Also, both cards are being managed in the same account - that's why I am a little wary! Anyone with a similar experience?
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by plaknas
... Do you think I will get the bonus on the gold card since I already collected on the everyday?

Yes, these are separate products. Receiving a bonus for one does not disqualify the other.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 12:36 pm

Got mine yesterday. I know that people generally say charge first, then revolver if you're going for a 2-for-1 HP, but I REALLY wanted the EDP and also wanted the PRG. I went for EDP first. Then went incognito for the PRG.

I was pleasantly surprised that they give you the card number and code to use right away. Very helpful when meeting spend on a few cards!

The site was all crazy last night (hopefully they were fixing the reimbursement gliches). Since this one was incognito, it wasn't automatically added to my online account and it wasn't taking my add to it. It locked my account. I had to call to get it added and unlocked. I have to say that even with as many successful incognito apps as I've read about with no problems, I was worried calling to add the card and get the account unlocked, but no problem!

16% of my way through my spend already.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by cal_quail
Got mine yesterday. I know that people generally say charge first, then revolver if you're going for a 2-for-1 HP, but I REALLY wanted the EDP and also wanted the PRG. I went for EDP first. Then went incognito for the PRG.

I was pleasantly surprised that they give you the card number and code to use right away. Very helpful when meeting spend on a few cards!

The site was all crazy last night (hopefully they were fixing the reimbursement gliches). Since this one was incognito, it wasn't automatically added to my online account and it wasn't taking my add to it. It locked my account. I had to call to get it added and unlocked. I have to say that even with as many successful incognito apps as I've read about with no problems, I was worried calling to add the card and get the account unlocked, but no problem!

16% of my way through my spend already.
I thought it was unique to the SPG but glad to see it's happening across the board. Wasn't the case when I got the PRG a couple of months back.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by PDXUA
Used this link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...r-rewards-gold

Got the 50k after 1k spend offer on first try using a normal chrome window. Called to confirm that offer was linked to my account and the rep said yes. I'll write again when it posts.
Confirm this still works...just got instant approved. I currently hold a OBC and a Platinum.
My wife received this as a targeted offer the other day, and got her instant approved earlier this evening.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 2:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I applied for this card and I made the minimun spend by sept 16 and the statement closed on the 18th but i have yet to see the points anywhere not even in pending does it mean i won't get the points?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: CO, DL, AA, Amex MR
using this link in normal Chrome window today: instantly approved
Originally Posted by PDXUA View Post
Used this link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...r-rewards-gold
Old Sep 24, 2015, 1:33 pm

I applied using the link in Phaetotheus's post #548 and was instantly approved. The card arrived in two days and a phone call to Amex confirmed the offer on my card.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Is is true that the PRG cards are still enrolled in the bonus 15k MRs if you spend 30k, for 2015 at least?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by explorer84
Is is true that the PRG cards are still enrolled in the bonus 15k MRs if you spend 30k, for 2015 at least?
I'm in my 1st year for this card and this is the 1st I've seen this mentioned.

If this is a benefit that's grandfathered in wouldn't it be tied to specific card numbers? If this is the case for you call the number on the back of your card and see what they say and how long it will last.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:45 pm

Is this the best offer atm? No 75k besides being targeted?
Old Sep 26, 2015, 7:59 am

Strange thing happened today. I applied for this offer (50K points after $1,000) online, but did not get an approval confirmation (got a blank page instead). Then I closed out the window, opened up a new one, and went to the online application and clicked on already a member (I have also have the SPG and Everyday cards) and the offer was for 25K points after $2,000. I did not proceed with this application. I later checked the application status to find out that I was approved for the card. I hope I'll still get the 50K offer, but I'm not sure now. Did this happen to anyone else ?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 8:17 pm

I went ahead and called the new accounts department and the rep stated that I should get the 50K offer. I'll verify when I get the card later this week.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:17 am

Currently I see this offer on CardMatch, and 60k for the Platinum. I want to apply for the PRG and, as other posters have said, I see this message on the application screen:

"If you are identified as a current or former American Express Card Member, this offer may not be available to you."

Is there any possibility that getting the 50k PRG bonus offer could preclude me from ever being offered 100k for Platinum? I realize the 100k for Platinum is not too frequent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.