Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: platinum card
So how is this better than the everyday preferred / chase sapphire?
http://www.drcreditcard.net/amex-pr-gold.html

Trying to get the best card and could use the help
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bombadilio
So how is this better...
See this thread, in particular the Wikipost at the top:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-1-2015-a.html

There is no best card. You must find the product which is the best value for your circumstances.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by bombadilio
So how is this better than the everyday preferred / chase sapphire?
http://www.drcreditcard.net/amex-pr-gold.html

Trying to get the best card and could use the help
What kind of knock off DOC site is this? DrCreditCard? lol.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA, ALASKA Airlines, Delta, United, Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific
Talking Got the 50000 Application page but not the points

History, I had a card with a similar offer that I cancelled back June 11, 2012 (nice agent 'Allen' on the chat informed me). After 6 tries on an IE browser I got the 50000 application and was approved on April 23rd(^) Yea!!! Spent the $1,000 on the card and waited patiently. On June 20th, the points that I spend showed up in the account so I went to chat about the 50,000 points. Message from the agent :
Thank you for your patience.
Allen
I have checked the details and I see your card is not eligible for the bonus rewards as it attritor with the Same Product.
Allen
Bonus offer is only for those card members who have applied for the card first time and new to American Express. I see you had same card with us in past and you closed it on 06/11/2012.

Perhaps I was missed it by a few months, or maybe it wouldn't have mattered. Computers do have a long memory. I will transfer what little points I have to an airline program and close the account.

I was looking at the 40,000 rewards with $200 airline credit link, but not so sure I want to try again.
Perhaps the Universe knew ahead of the coming disappointment as I am waiting on a TD Bank application. I also got an unexpected application from Capital One for their Venture card with 50,000 bonus miles 2x unlimited miles with a $3,000 spend in 90 days. $0 intro annual fee than $59 there after. I think I will go for the invitation
Old Jun 21, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
The 50K offer just popped up for me, after a couple of private browsing attempts. We'll see if it goes through.

Update: Instantly approved, saved screenshots of the signup page just in case. I was also able to select an airline for the fee credit.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Jun 21, 2015 at 10:02 pm
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
I just got instant approved for this offer and just got my card. I called in to verify the offer and the rep said I had to spend $5k. I thought it was $1k? I took a screenshot of the offer just in case. Was the rep wrong? He did see that I would get 50k points though.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ricohitman
I just got instant approved for this offer and just got my card. I called in to verify the offer and the rep said I had to spend $5k. I thought it was $1k? I took a screenshot of the offer just in case. Was the rep wrong? He did see that I would get 50k points though.
When I verified the terms (via chat), I was told the annual fee was not waived. I mentioned I had a screenshot listing all of the details, including waived 1st year annual fee. The rep said he would notate the account, which was enough for me. Between that and the screenshot, I don't expect Amex to give me a problem.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:57 pm

Screenshots and recordings are your friends when dealing with Amex. They WILL shaft you if you let them. It's unfortunate, but that's what happens these days.

I hope that the 50K bonus posts after 1K of spend, and I hope that an annual fee charge doesn't pop up, but I expect to have to fight them on both counts.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Jun 24, 2015 at 8:08 pm
Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
On the bright side, my 50k posted as soon as I hit $1k in spend, despite $100 of it being reimbursed (within a few days) as part of the airline fee credit.

I plan on following up on the annual fee issue since I don't feel like holding on to the screenshot for a year.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by 54austin
On the bright side, my 50k posted as soon as I hit $1k in spend, despite $100 of it being reimbursed (within a few days) as part of the airline fee credit.

I plan on following up on the annual fee issue since I don't feel like holding on to the screenshot for a year.
The agent was probably just wrong on that part. Even the 25K public offer includes a 1st year waived AF.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:21 pm

Chrome incognito worked for me this evening (took offer screenshots just in case). Great deal, especially for 1k ms!
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: DL, WoH
False alarm. HUCA and got a rep that actually knows what they are doing. Saw the correct offer on the account 50k after 1k spend.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum - 2M miles
Originally Posted by mdj1279
Just received my Amex PRG for the 50k signup bonus. After reading this thread I went ahead and tried a $50 GC from AA on 6/12/15. Transaction showed up as : AA MISC SALE/ TAX/ FDALLAS TX. I was credited the $50 on 6/14/15.

Went ahead and put in my second GC order yesterday.
Can someone provide a landing page for 50K signup bonus for Amex PRG card? Only found 25K on AMEX website.

Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Please use this thread only to discuss the new card account offer.

Discussion of the Airline Fee Reimbursement feature has been moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-2015-a-3.html
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:29 pm

I'm seeing the 50 offer but when I'm logged into AMEX it's showing only 25k, and it's saying if you're an American Express card holder already you won't get this bonus.

I just have one AMEX card, which is the Blue Cash Everyday (cash back). Will I still get the bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.