Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: Brooks Beta Runner
What a bizarre system. Some sort of one in took around 30 tries but eventually it popped up. It's strange to me that they are giving an extra $250 dollars out based solely on being the 1 in x number of visitors to the page. I'll have to try this out on the platinum card page and see what happens. Edit: after about 40 tries I gave up on getting a similar offer on the platinum card.

I'm thinking about getting this or one of the other charge cards at some point in the next year. Is this as high an offer as I can expect or should I hold out and see what else comes my way?

Last edited by Mrpinkca; May 18, 2015 at 4:34 pm
Old May 18, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mrpinkca
I'm thinking about getting this or one of the other charge cards at some point in the next year. Is this as high an offer as I can expect or should I hold out and see what else comes my way?
If you want more MR points you'll have to spend a lot more than $1,000.
Old May 18, 2015, 7:46 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Mrpinkca
What a bizarre system. Some sort of one in took around 30 tries but eventually it popped up. It's strange to me that they are giving an extra $250 dollars out based solely on being the 1 in x number of visitors to the page. I'll have to try this out on the platinum card page and see what happens. Edit: after about 40 tries I gave up on getting a similar offer on the platinum card.

For the mid-range cards, this is the best that's generally been seen on the personal Gold card though the business version has 75K bonuses sometimes.

If your goal is just to get the highest sign-up bonus on any single card, the Platinum card can be found with 100K bonuses (though unlike the Gold cards, the first year annual fee isn't waived). Not sure if there is any way to wrangle such a bonus if you aren't already offered one, but I know a number of people with no pre-existing relationship with Amex who were offered that bonus in the mail out of the blue.
Old May 19, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: AA
This may be answered elsewhere, but I could not find it. Forgive me if my search skills are in need...

I currently have the Platinum card with a significant number of points.

If I get the PRG, can I link up the two accounts in a way that the points are consolidated in one pooled account? Will the cards have the same account number (if that is possible to do, maybe after acquiring the PRG)?

Thanks
Old May 19, 2015, 7:59 am

Deal is still alive, just applied and was approved in private session Firefox.
Old May 19, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by hytail
This may be answered elsewhere, but I could not find it. Forgive me if my search skills are in need...

If I get the PRG, can I link up the two accounts in a way that the points are consolidated in one pooled account? Will the cards have the same account number (if that is possible to do, maybe after acquiring the PRG)?

Thanks
Yes...I have Platinum and got the PRG 2 months ago...its linked on the website and points are pooled.
Old May 20, 2015, 7:20 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by hytail

Thanks
To be clear, your MR account will have the same number, but the card itself will have a different number. In my experience Amex is very good about linking an MR account across multiple cards; it has always happened automatically for me. If for some reason it doesn't happen I'm sure you could call and have the accounts combined.
Old May 20, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
With the new AMEX rules, can I still sign up and get this product if I last had it about 5+ years ago?
Old May 20, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
With the new AMEX rules, can I still sign up and get this product if I last had it about 5+ years ago?
Sure, but don't expect a bonus.
Old May 20, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Speaking on bonuses, my statement is due to cycle on the 22nd, here's hoping the 50K bonus moves out of the "pending" category. Anyone else have luck?
Old May 20, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by HGHUA
Sure, but don't expect a bonus.
Even if I had an cancelled this product 5+ years ago?
Old May 20, 2015, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Even if I had an cancelled this product 5+ years ago?
Lifetime 1 bonus per product, doesn't matter when. Though are you sure it was called EXACTLY the same name? They've had different products in the past that are considered different cards.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:36 am

Can't seem to get the application to go through. Keep getting errors. 3 different browsers on two different days.....
Old May 20, 2015, 10:52 am

Ooof, I feel like such an idiot. I just got this card and went on vacation with it, disregarding one very important fact!! This card has a foreign transaction fee unlike the Plat and my CSP. I spent enough money to meet minimum spend, but boy was I surprised when I logged in on-line and saw all the foreign transaction fee charges .
Old May 20, 2015, 11:04 am

Rubbing salt in the wound, that fee is getting removed June 1st...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.