Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:18 pm

I recently got this card with the 50k/$1k offer. Started spending on 4/12 and statement closed yesterday. None of my spend are showing in MR. None of the spending was MS. I barely missed hitting the 1k spend requirement, but I was hoping to at least see some of the points show up in MR.

I spoke to a rep through Chat, and he/she said points could take up to two months to show up in MR. I have an old Optima Plat and I know that's not true. I just let it go since he/she may be your regular clueless rep. I'll keep an eye on it.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by RTWRide
I recently got this card with the 50k/$1k offer. Started spending on 4/12 and statement closed yesterday. None of my spend are showing in MR. None of the spending was MS. I barely missed hitting the 1k spend requirement, but I was hoping to at least see some of the points show up in MR.

I spoke to a rep through Chat, and he/she said points could take up to two months to show up in MR. I have an old Optima Plat and I know that's not true. I just let it go since he/she may be your regular clueless rep. I'll keep an eye on it.
Even with AMEX, the chat is not reliable

AMEX is good that if you swipe your card, it will show up as pending pretty much instantly

I had my card delivered to my home but they didn't use the correct address to send my statements!

Did you add your new card to your a/c? Something is a miss here.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:05 pm

Hi, sciconf.

I don't know what "a/c" is. I don't remember having to do anything to specifically add my PRG to MR. My PRG basically shows up with my other two personal cards - old Optima Plat and SPG - in the same login in the AmEx site.

When I got to my PRG account, my MR points total is shown. When I follow the links to the MR site, under Your Card, it shows both the Optima and the PRG. However, no points showing as being earned from the PRG. Not even pending.

Update: I just called AmEx, and I got the same spill - points will not show up until after next statement. ...!? I asked him to check my set up to see if everything is ok. He just repeated the points will not show until next statement... I was actually beginning to like this card. I guess I'll go back to using Chase cards for now.

Last edited by RTWRide; Apr 22, 2015 at 2:20 pm
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:21 pm

Hi, sciconf.

I don't know what "a/c" is. I don't remember having to do anything to specifically add my PRG to MR. My PRG basically shows up with my other two personal cards - old Optima Plat and SPG - in the same login in the AmEx site.

When I got to my PRG account, my MR points total is shown. When I follow the links to the MR site, under Your Card, it shows both the Optima and the PRG. However, no points showing as being earned from the PRG. Not even pending.
a/c is account - I am referring to your online account

When u get your card, you need to add it to your online account - did u do it properly? AMEX will take care of the rest.

Does your spend shows up on PRG? THat is good enough. Wait for the points.

Last edited by sciconf; Apr 22, 2015 at 2:27 pm
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:28 pm

MS - Manufactured Spending.

Yes, the PRG (AmEx Premier Rewards Gold) shows up on my online account. When I go into the MR site, under "Your Cards", the PRG shows up with the Optima. Both earn MR points. But I believe PRG earns the "real" MR points.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:36 pm

MS - Manufactured Spending.

Yes, the PRG (AmEx Premier Rewards Gold) shows up on my online account. When I go into the MR site, under "Your Cards", the PRG shows up with the Optima. Both earn MR points. But I believe PRG earns the "real" MR points.
Sorry I updated my post before your reply

Does your spend shows up on PRG? Then nothing to worry - just wait
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I spoke to a rep through Chat, and he/she said points could take up to two months to show up in MR.
... called AmEx, and I got the same spill - points will not show up until after next statement. ...!?
Entirely normal. Base points will appear as pending a few days after the statement is generated. They will become available to redeem a few days after the next statement, the one on which the payment will appear.

See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ints-post.html

Last edited by mia; Apr 23, 2015 at 12:19 pm
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:15 pm

Thanks, mia. I did not notice my points from the Optima use taking that long. Then again, I have only used for a recurring expense (Netflix), so I can't really tell.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:35 pm

I just took out this card for my husband and I. Is this a charge or credit card? I should take the other one out today from what I've read. Suggestions on best one to do? I dont want to pay an annual fee. TIA
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:36 pm
mia

Originally Posted by wsimon
...Is this a charge or credit card?...
Charge
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:53 pm

Just applied and got it. didn't work in chrome. Tried in safari. got it first time and went all the way through. easy peasy.

This will be my first amex personal card. have a few biz cards.

If im understanding the rules correctly, they could refuse any points offers on any card if you already have an amex account? This is in addition to the no churning the SAME card rule right?

I think i have this wrong, I hope i do.... Still plan to add an amex plat, spg personal, and some others when the timing is right. The way I read the disclaimer, having this would exempt me from using other offers on different amex cards in the future?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:22 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Apache137
... they could refuse any points offers on any card if you already have an amex account?
They could, but they won't. That language has been in the terms for a few years, and to my knowledge only one poster was denied a bonus and told this was the reason.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
My bonus points posted a few days after hitting the $1k spend and a few days before the statement closed. I have never had the PRG card before but have other Amex cards (SPG and Plat).
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:09 am

I had the American Express Premier Rewards Gold card in early 2013. I received 50k points for 1k spend in 3 months with that offer.

I was just approved for an American Express Premier Gold card with the same sign up bonus.

Will I actually receive these points, or will I make the minimum spend for nothing?

I read somewhere that the "1 signup bonus per personal card per lifetime" rule applies beginning June 1, 2015.

Last edited by joer1212; Apr 24, 2015 at 12:28 am
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by joer1212
I had the American Express Premier Rewards Gold card in early 2013. I received 50k points for 1k spend in 3 months with that offer.

I was just approved for an American Express Premier Gold card with the same sign up bonus.

Will I actually receive these points, or will I make the minimum spend for nothing?

I read somewhere that the "1 signup bonus per personal card per lifetime" rule applies beginning June 1, 2015.
2014. You likely won't get the bonus:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...etime-usa.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.