Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by acell
Thanks for your responses, I'll keep at it than!
FINALLY! Was able to get to the 50k offer page! Firefox incognito worked for me. Application under review though :/

Thanks a lot Mia!!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:25 pm

Just applied and was instantly approved for 50k offer. I had just signed up for the amex surpass on Thursday, so I wasn't sure if it would approve =D

Now to see if they did another pull or used the one from Thursday...
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by exarkun
Just applied and was instantly approved for 50k offer. I had just signed up for the amex surpass on Thursday, so I wasn't sure if it would approve =D

Now to see if they did another pull or used the one from Thursday...
It'll be another pull.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx
It'll be another pull.
Almost as sure as death and taxes.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:21 pm

I was just approved for a targeted 100k/$3k spend offer on the Amex Platinum today. Can I still apply for and receive this offer?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
That's their boilerplate text in every offer. As long as you have never held this particular card, you will get the bonus.
I am pretty sure I had this premier gold (it was 25K only!) in 2013, not remember exactly the month, but it was about 2 years ago, I guess that means I am not getting 50K bonus for the rest of my life!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by qqq123
I was just approved for a targeted 100k/$3k spend offer on the Amex Platinum today. Can I still apply for and receive this offer?
Im sure you can. I applied for the 100K bus platinum and 75K bus gold same month and got approved. Received 175K bonus points without any issue.

I applied for 50k personal gold today, app is under further review. Lets see.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:44 pm

I have been trying for this offer for a long time. Kept trying on my phone the last couple days. Even downloaded new browsers and tried their various incognito modes, private browsing, etc.

Was finally back at my desktop tonight. First try incognito chrome - got the 50k after $1k offer, approved, and even have the card number and free shoprunner in about 5 minutes! Yay!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:58 am

So what's the general rule when you get a pending 14 day message? Call recon?

*edit* Nevermind. Though the browser said it was under review, I immediately got an email saying the card was approved.

(Just a quick note on my experience for anyone having trouble with this: Chrome incognito did not work in my case. I had to use Firefox.)
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: United Plat
Originally Posted by trouble747
So what's the general rule when you get a pending 14 day message? Call recon?

*edit* Nevermind. Though the browser said it was under review, I immediately got an email saying the card was approved.

(Just a quick note on my experience for anyone having trouble with this: Chrome incognito did not work in my case. I had to use Firefox.)
When I did online application yesterday for the same promotion, I got same "will let you know in 14 days" kind of message at the end. Then 5 minutes later, I went to this site to check my status: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do. It says approved.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA DL
Is there a benefit to open this card before new changes hit?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:37 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Jcrew
Is there a benefit to open this card before new changes hit?
The current 50k offer is pretty good for this card product, and nobody knows how long it is going to be around.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: SW CP, OW Sapphire, AS MVP75k, HH Diamond, HGP Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by qqq123
Good for you, man! That's a great offer. I'm stuggling to justify the 50k signup bonus, as Amex will only give it to me once. It might be worth waiting for 75k with $5k spend, just because it's my only chance. Thoughts?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Got approved as well! Also an email that said they are rushing the card to me. lol
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:51 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by HGHUA
Got approved as well! Also an email that said they are rushing the card to me. lol
I was actually really impressed with Amex on this one... I applied and was approved early Friday afternoon, and the card (shipped via UPS) was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday (Monday).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.