Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aSiAnRiCk
See also this thread: Automating AmEx Sync registration

Wiki to track Amex Sync credit. Some merchants seem to have Amex Sync cash back post in 2 business days.

Posted:
Amazon Purchase 12/4 Credit: 2 days
Best Buy Purchase: 12/27 Credit: 2 days
Sprouts (in store) Purchase 11/30 Credit: 2 days
Zappo's Purchase 12/5 Credit: 2 days
Kohl's (in store) purchase 12/20 Credit: 2 days
BP (at station) purchase 12/8 Credit: 2 days
Lowe's (in store) purchase 3/28/15, credit: 2 days
Target in store $30 back on $100+ spend, 6/20/15: 2 days
BJ's in store purchase 7/25/15 Credit: 1 day

Still waiting for credit
Sony (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
Forever 21 (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
AMC Theaters (in store) Purchase: 11/28 Credit: Not posted
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Amextravel.com -- spend $600 get $100 back

I was slap-happy to find a couple of these offers on our Amex Plat cards. We buy a lot of plane tickets, so I am thinking, "Wow, free money." Made sure that the offers were saved, even clicked through to Amex Travel from the offer on the card website... everything rolling along beautifully ... I had forgotten that Amex is giving 2x MR points on purchases through Amex Travel; and that they are no longer adding on those nuisance ticket price bumps of $7 or whatever, at least not for Amex Platinum swells ...

All good, right? Well, I sure hope so. But I would not be posting this were there not a potential fly in the ointment. When I logged on to our card account after, to see what posted, under the pending were two charges. One to Amex Travel for $2.00; the other to USAirways (yes, I'm still booking USAirways flights) for the $700+ in tickets. How is that going to trigger the $100 Amex Travel offer? I guess I'll find out one way or the other when the pending shifts to posted. In the meantime, if anyone else is seeing something like this (or, worse for me, not seeing something like this), I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Jul 13, 2015 at 6:57 pm Reason: Color me an idiot -- see below.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I was slap-happy to find a couple of these offers on our Amex Plat cards. We buy a lot of plane tickets, so I am thinking, "Wow, free money." Made sure that the offers were saved, even clicked through to Amex Travel from the offer on the card website... everything rolling along beautifully ... I had forgotten that Amex is giving 2x MR points on purchases through Amex Travel; and that they are no longer adding on those nuisance ticket price bumps of $7 or whatever, at least not for Amex Platinum swells ...

All good, right? Well, I sure hope so. But I would not be posting this were there not a potential fly in the ointment. When I logged on to our card account after, to see what posted, under the pending were two charges. One to Amex Travel for $2.00; the other to USAirways (yes, I'm still booking USAirways flights) for the $700+ in tickets. How is that going to trigger the $100 Amex Travel offer? I guess I'll find out one way or the other when the pending shifts to posted. In the meantime, if anyone else is seeing something like this (or, worse for me, not seeing something like this), I'd appreciate hearing about it.
My Spend $600 get $100 back specifically said for hotel bookings... can you check yours?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I check my cards sporadically for offers. Today, I noticed that my Hilton AMEX cards both have $75 off on a $350 Hilton purchase or more by September 8. My husband's Hilton and SPG AMEX cards have $20 off $100 at Macys. It expires August 31.
Good catch. My Amex PRG card has the Hilton deal.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
You are right. I was deluded.

Originally Posted by bworrell
My Spend $600 get $100 back specifically said for hotel bookings... can you check yours?
Um... . D'oh.

Should have read more closely. Blinded by the $50 back on $300 airline offers.

Oh, well. I'll probably still get the hotel use out of it, and I did need the air tickets... but

D'oh !
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingOrNotGoing
I learned something today but not sure if it works all the time. So I had 1 of my cards with the Target or Walmart $30 off when viewing on the regular Amex site. I have one other card that it wasn't showing for but when I log on to the iphone app it shows all offers and then allows me to select which card I want to add the offer to, thus I was able to do the browser/mobile trick to get this offer on both of my cards.
I tried this today on the mobile site, but it seems to be working just like the web site: You pick your card first, then see the offers just for that card, and then you can add, only to that card. I'd be curious if anyone is seeing what BoeingOrNotGoing reports.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Songer5
Offer: Spend $300, get $50 back on Air Travel Purchases

I just added $300 to my United Gift Registry and received the confirmation Congrats! email from Amex.

"Thanks for using your Amex Offer at UNITED AIRLINES. Look out for a $50.00 statement credit within 90 days after the offer end date."

I'll revert back if the $50 statement credit doesn't hit for whatever reason.
Confirmed that I received the $50 statement credit for a United Gift Registry purchase. Just posted today.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:48 pm

Confirmed that I received the $50 statement credit for a United Gift Registry purchase. Just posted today.
Thank you! Your info is greatly appreciated. ^
Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by levilevi
Also, separately, THANK GOD they updated the offers area on amex.com ^
Short lived - seems to have reverted to the large blue "tiles" with 1 line and constant clicking to scroll right -
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat United Premier Silver Hilton Diamond Marriott Gold
$400 qantas offer

Does anyone have experience with this offer? $400 statement credit with $2000 spend with Qantas. I have a refundable ticket. It says if you refund it will take back the credit-anyone know for sure?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by USAIRCHAIRMAN
Does anyone have experience with this offer? $400 statement credit with $2000 spend with Qantas. I have a refundable ticket. It says if you refund it will take back the credit-anyone know for sure?
Of course it will. It's been proven many times over.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by USAIRCHAIRMAN
AMEX has gotten better at taking the credit back. Maybe if you keep the airline ticket for a year and then refund it, AMEX may not claw back the credit.

Offer: Spend $300, get $50 back on Air Travel Purchases

I just added $300 to my United Gift Registry and received the confirmation Congrats! email from Amex.

"Thanks for using your Amex Offer at UNITED AIRLINES. Look out for a $50.00 statement credit within 90 days after the offer end date."

I'll revert back if the $50 statement credit doesn't hit for whatever reason.
I just purchase an AA gift card and also got the "Congrats! You just used your Amex Offer."
Old Jul 17, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by seawolf
AMEX has gotten better at taking the credit back. Maybe if you keep the airline ticket for a year and then refund it, AMEX may not claw back the credit.

I just purchase an AA gift card and also got the "Congrats! You just used your Amex Offer."
Nice, keep us updated if the credit goes thru.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: AA Gold; Hyatt Exp.; Hilton/Marriott Gold; CSR; Citi Prestige; Amex Plat, EDP, Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by BoeingOrNotGoing
yep I got in 10x (5x on two cards) however neither is showing the offer as redeemed which is usually the case after I use an offer. Still haven't tried to use it to get an 11th $30 credit, has anyone else tried or seeing the same thing?
Thank you. It worked for me as well -- 10X $30 credit (5X each across two cards linked to same online account).
Old Jul 19, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Got it! My $10 credit for the $1 Ticketmaster charge, that is. On many, many Amex cards…

Last edited by Preacher7; Jul 19, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Old Jul 19, 2015, 3:38 pm

$100 back on $600 Amex Travel [I]hotel[/I] spend

Man, am I making a mess of this one ...

First, I ignored the hotel part (see chagrin-inducing idiotic post above).

Second, I did it right for upcoming Hyatt stay and got the $100 credit to even post. But... in talking to Hyatt discovered that Amex Travel had done the booking through Expedia or Travelocity or some-such (I can't remember for sure), that it would not go as a Hyatt stay, that she could get me enough extra points on a comparable booking to more than save the $100, yadda, yadda, yadda. Posted slightly more on this on Hyatt forum.

So here's the thing: I canceled the Amex Travel booking. The prepayment has already come back. The $100 had not been clawed back yet. They should claw it back and I expect them to do so. After that, if and when I make a different >$600 hotel booking (where I don't care who they may or may not outsource the dirty work to), will I be eligible to get the $100 credit again? Or have I gummed things up irrevocably this time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.