Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aSiAnRiCk
See also this thread: Automating AmEx Sync registration

Wiki to track Amex Sync credit. Some merchants seem to have Amex Sync cash back post in 2 business days.

Posted:
Amazon Purchase 12/4 Credit: 2 days
Best Buy Purchase: 12/27 Credit: 2 days
Sprouts (in store) Purchase 11/30 Credit: 2 days
Zappo's Purchase 12/5 Credit: 2 days
Kohl's (in store) purchase 12/20 Credit: 2 days
BP (at station) purchase 12/8 Credit: 2 days
Lowe's (in store) purchase 3/28/15, credit: 2 days
Target in store $30 back on $100+ spend, 6/20/15: 2 days
BJ's in store purchase 7/25/15 Credit: 1 day

Still waiting for credit
Sony (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
Forever 21 (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
AMC Theaters (in store) Purchase: 11/28 Credit: Not posted
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Milesbuilder
This may be user error but I swear one of my accounts was signed up for the Target/Walmart deal and I remember (I think I remember) seeing it in my current offers page. However when i went back to check it was gone and only remained on one of my accounts.

Not sure if I screwed up the enrollment or if it was unenrolled without me knowing. Curious if anyone else has seen this happen?
Once had an offer dissapear from my acct. A week later i get a letter in the mail saying they had to pull it for some reason but that i would still get the credit. lol. It was like $50 back from a store I never intended to shop at anyways...
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Milesbuilder
This may be user error but I swear one of my accounts was signed up for the Target/Walmart deal and I remember (I think I remember) seeing it in my current offers page. However when i went back to check it was gone and only remained on one of my accounts.

Not sure if I screwed up the enrollment or if it was unenrolled without me knowing. Curious if anyone else has seen this happen?

When you sign up for the offer on one card, I think it disappears off the other cards. I've heard opening it in two browsers, one on one card with the offer and one on the other, before you accept either one will allow you to get it on both cards.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Qantas spend $2000 get $400

under account's offers
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:55 pm

I registered my cards for the Sam's Club offers but I haven't used it yet. Earlier I saw that people are having activation issues if you buy Sam's Club gift cards. Are these issues resolved yet? May I also confirm that splitting the charge works (e.g., splitting a $50 Sam's Club gift card into two $25 charges, one for each Amex card)? Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by medium_alpaca
I registered my cards for the Sam's Club offers but I haven't used it yet. Earlier I saw that people are having activation issues if you buy Sam's Club gift cards. Are these issues resolved yet? May I also confirm that splitting the charge works (e.g., splitting a $50 Sam's Club gift card into two $25 charges, one for each Amex card)? Thanks!
splitting the charge works
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:30 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Originally Posted by onthego15
splitting the charge works
And yes Sams Club did email me well after my purchase and I think after they shipped to say that they had addressed the activation issue. I had no trouble with my cards. I still went through the instructions to activate.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer
And yes Sams Club did email me well after my purchase and I think after they shipped to say that they had addressed the activation issue. I had no trouble with my cards. I still went through the instructions to activate.
I still had a bit of a pain activating one when they came back.

I just decided to bite the bullet and but the $50 Vanilla Visas when they restocked them. Yes, it was a $5 fee (no shipping though), but it was worth it for me to just lock in $35 for using two cards ($20 credit * 2 cards - $5 fee), then deal with activating and using Sam/WalMart cards for $40.

If you had a bunch of cards registered like I did, you might want to consider this option on a more liquid spend option (if you don't normally shop a lot at Sam's or WalMart)
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:15 pm

Question for the experts here.

Apologize if this has been already answered.

If i buy a ipad from target for $300, and i request the csr at billing counter to swipe the card into three different transaction 3X100, will i get $90 off. Will this work? has anyone tried it
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:03 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by clockhand
Couple weeks ago (i.e., couple weeks after Google Play offer came up), Amex changed some coding for Google Play credits, and now buying $5 credits triggers amex offers. I just did couple 2 days ago.
I can confirm this as well. Got the email from Amex almost right away.

Now, if only there were a way to do this on iTunes....
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: AS, UA, IHG, HH,
Originally Posted by JeffMIA
When you say you've completed the offer on two of your cards, does that mean that you managed to get the $30 credit 10 times (5X limit over 2 cards)? According to the offer terms, the 5X limit is per online Amex account (as opposed to per card), so I am wondering if, in practice, it is possible to get the credit more than 5X? I have the offer linked to 2 cards, but both cards link to the same online account.
yep I got in 10x (5x on two cards) however neither is showing the offer as redeemed which is usually the case after I use an offer. Still haven't tried to use it to get an 11th $30 credit, has anyone else tried or seeing the same thing?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
under account's offers
can you book a flight worth 2k on qantas.com and cancel it within 24 hours (if full refund is allowed) and then get 400$ credit?

like amex plat travel reimbursement?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lkh5650
can you book a flight worth 2k on qantas.com and cancel it within 24 hours (if full refund is allowed) and then get 400$ credit?
Unlikely. I have no direct experience with Qantas tickets, but in general airline purchases remain pending for several days. If the purchase is cancelled during that period the pending transaction should vanish without posting, and reimbursement would not be triggered.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:19 pm

I really wonder if there any way to make money on the Qantas deal. Too bad they don't sell gift cards. They have gift vouchers that expires in 12months. And it's only for flight from Australia.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Offer: Spend $300, get $50 back on Air Travel Purchases

I just added $300 to my United Gift Registry and received the confirmation Congrats! email from Amex.

"Thanks for using your Amex Offer at UNITED AIRLINES. Look out for a $50.00 statement credit within 90 days after the offer end date."

I'll revert back if the $50 statement credit doesn't hit for whatever reason.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:16 pm
Community Director Emerita

I check my cards sporadically for offers. Today, I noticed that my Hilton AMEX cards both have $75 off on a $350 Hilton purchase or more by September 8. My husband's Hilton and SPG AMEX cards have $20 off $100 at Macys. It expires August 31.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.