Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aSiAnRiCk
See also this thread: Automating AmEx Sync registration

Wiki to track Amex Sync credit. Some merchants seem to have Amex Sync cash back post in 2 business days.

Posted:
Amazon Purchase 12/4 Credit: 2 days
Best Buy Purchase: 12/27 Credit: 2 days
Sprouts (in store) Purchase 11/30 Credit: 2 days
Zappo's Purchase 12/5 Credit: 2 days
Kohl's (in store) purchase 12/20 Credit: 2 days
BP (at station) purchase 12/8 Credit: 2 days
Lowe's (in store) purchase 3/28/15, credit: 2 days
Target in store $30 back on $100+ spend, 6/20/15: 2 days
BJ's in store purchase 7/25/15 Credit: 1 day

Still waiting for credit
Sony (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
Forever 21 (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
AMC Theaters (in store) Purchase: 11/28 Credit: Not posted
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sam's $50 card not activated

Anyone has this issue?

The $50 card does not activate online despite going thru the Gift Card Activation link in the email. This is true inactivation as at WalMart the CSR swiped the card and the register spit out "Inactive card. Swipe UPC to activate" Of course the CSR did not do so because she thought it would then ask for payment.

If anyone has done the activation at WalMart Store, please chime in your experiences. I recall reading one or two posters somewhere, said it can be activated at WalMart, and advise to bring the paperwork. The problem is, the store I went today, dont know how to do it and absolutely unwilling to even try.

The 800 number at the back of the card instructs to go to WalMart store with order receipt, one of Sam's CSR also said that would be the quickest way - Yet at the store the customer supervisor was very unhelpful and simply said No can do. Instead of calling the number on the back of my card so he can listen the same instruction to tell me going to WMT for activation, he called the Sam's one and the only number. This time the CSR said could not be done at WalMart. She opened a ticket on the inactivation issue. Said it would take 6 hours to get it resolved. Of course it remains inactive after 8 hours.

I found several posts on SD that several people have the inactivation issues on both the $50 and the $45 cards but mostly on the $50 card. It takes 3 to 7 days to get the card activated and the balance can be verified online.

A bit of googling reveals this is not an uncommon issue with complaints dated in 2011!!!

Seriously? Wouldn't WalMart/Sam's want people to buy their own GCs so to lock in the revenues? Why wouldn't it make the purchase a smooth experience then having all sorts of issues of activation, for years and still not fixed the glitches?

The $45 cards luckily so far are activated fine. Took about 20 to 30 min after submitting online activation, to then show the balance when check again.

Finished the remaining 4 cards with the $45 and hope they would activate fine as their predecessors. I plan to buy WalMart GCs with the $45 so to prevent confusion down the road because the $45 is for Sam's membership though in the fine print at the back it clearly says it can be use for purchase of merchandise at Sams and any format of Walmart stores, inc, in US and Peurto Rico.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Known Issues with failed online activation

Just talked to a CSR at Sam's number. She has talked to supervisor which informed her this is a KNOWN issue, that the online activations failed to finish the whole activation process. It can only be fixed by opening a ticket and take the queue to finally be looked at and worked on. She said A Lot of customers called in on this issue. She also said the online activation problem just happened from June 11th (NOT TRUE but she was told by the supervisor who obviously just fed off some garbage). It is definitely an ongoing issue that pops up ever so often and is never really fixed by WalMart / Sam's.

I dont know if anyone pays attention on the Sender of the UPS package. It is from WalMart.com. Apparently WalMart handles all Sam's gift cards - hence the phone menu tells you to go to WalMart which is an erroneous information if your card is Sam's.

Therefore if the card does not activate properly, call immediately to get in the queue. According to her, going into Sam's Club physical location would not help either (despite I have read one poster was able to get a Sam's Club store manager to resolve it). This rep said it could only be resolved by the online group.

As for my card, one of the reps I talked to actually opened a ticket without telling me. The rep I talked to this noon while at WalMart also opened a ticket (oddly she did not see the ticket opened the day before). So there are 2 tickets on the same card but none is getting to be looked at any time soon according to this rep because they have many many such reports.

This is truly annoying if this is a KNOWN glitch - why would they continue selling the cards require activation? They should sell the $50 card pre-activated just like the $20 card that is being pulled.

By and large from what I have read from various sites, the issue affects the $50 card far more than the $45 card, though there are folks having issues with the $45 cards as well but not as much as the $50 card.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onthego15
My local Dollar General sells Shell, BP, Exxon, Starbucks, Amazon, HD and other gift cards. Plenty to chose from. also, I've read that they give some sort of discount coupon each week. This Saturday it's $5 off $30; so definitely a chance to double dip and get some extra free merchandise.
On the receipt I bought a $25 HD GC, it has $5 off $25 coupon printed - only good for this Saturday. However it specifically excludes gift card. You would need to buy some stuff that add up to $30 because you need the transaction to be $25+ in order to trigger the AMEX offer. If you can find enough stuff to buy then it could be good to get extra $5 merchandise. I just have a hard time to see what could be bought in the really cramped store.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onthego15
I ordered two $50 Sam's Club gift cards. One I was able to activate with no problem online. The other kept giving me glitches, and I never received confirmation that it was activated. Yet when I went to Sam's Club, I was able to use the unconfirmed gift card with no problem.
I dont think you get an activation confirmation at all. The only way to know it is activated properly (from the experience of the $45 GoM card) is the online balance check would recognize the card, so as the automatic phone.

Were you able to get a balance reading on that card with activation glitches? Or you are saying that you never are able to get the balance of the card yet the card is working?

Currently I have one $50 that online it is not recognizable. On the phone (the number at the back of the card) it said Inactive card. At WalMart they swipe the card and it said Inactive, need to scan the UPC to make it active. So it is not usable for now until Sam's gift card team fixes whatever issues plaguing the cards they sent out.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Happy
On the receipt I bought a $25 HD GC, it has $5 off $25 coupon printed - only good for this Saturday. However it specifically excludes gift card. You would need to buy some stuff that add up to $30 because you need the transaction to be $25+ in order to trigger the AMEX offer. If you can find enough stuff to buy then it could be good to get extra $5 merchandise. I just have a hard time to see what could be bought in the really cramped store.
Laundry soap.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:26 pm

I still have the sams' club 20 off 20 to do. can the $45 membership be used as regular gift card? If not, I would have to buy the $50 gift card
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by sungchiahao
I still have the sams' club 20 off 20 to do. can the $45 membership be used as regular gift card? If not, I would have to buy the $50 gift card
I don't believe you can use a membership gift card for the value of $45 at a store. It only gifts the actual membership.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:57 am

Can I split my Hilton Garden Inn bill in two so I can redeem the $30 credit on $150 spend on both my cards?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Sintaku
Can I split my Hilton Garden Inn bill in two so I can redeem the $30 credit on $150 spend on both my cards?
Yes, as long as they swipe each card for $150.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sungchiahao
Buy the $45 and dont touch the $50 which has activation issue. I currently have a $50 that is inactive, no money in it and cannot be used. Ticket to investigate this opened since Thursday with no resolution in sight. On SD site there are quite a few people suffer from this issue.

Originally Posted by Sintaku
I don't believe you can use a membership gift card for the value of $45 at a store. It only gifts the actual membership.
Wrong assumption due to Sam's site has deceiving description of the card.

Go back a couple pages and read the posts about the $45 have been used at either Sam's or WalMart, B&M or online.

At the back of the card, it CLEARLY states the card can be used for Purchase of Merchandise at Sam's Club. Samsclub.com, ALL form of Retail at WalMart, Inc. (meaning can be used at neighborhood store also), in US and Peurto Rico and WalMart.com.

Matter of fact you can go to WalMart website and look for the description of this card, it has the wordings as at the back of the physical card.

Sam's site just gives a very misleading description - deceiving advertisement if you will - just as they claim your guest membership is only good for 24 hours... BS, it continues to work long pass that.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:49 am

Sam's site just gives a very misleading description - deceiving advertisement if you will - just as they claim your guest membership is only good for 24 hours... BS, it continues to work long pass that.
What do you mean by the guest membership "working" after 24 hours?

I was still allowed to log into my account and place orders online, BUT a $45 membership fee was added to my cart and I COULD NOT remove it after the 24 hours had passed. (I just created a second account for my new order, so no big deal.)
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:16 am

Just talked to a CSR at Sam's number. She has talked to supervisor which informed her this is a KNOWN issue, that the online activations failed to finish the whole activation process. It can only be fixed by opening a ticket and take the queue to finally be looked at and worked on. She said A Lot of customers called in on this issue. She also said the online activation problem just happened from June 11th (NOT TRUE but she was told by the supervisor who obviously just fed off some garbage). It is definitely an ongoing issue that pops up ever so often and is never really fixed by WalMart / Sam's.

I dont know if anyone pays attention on the Sender of the UPS package. It is from WalMart.com. Apparently WalMart handles all Sam's gift cards - hence the phone menu tells you to go to WalMart which is an erroneous information if your card is Sam's.

Therefore if the card does not activate properly, call immediately to get in the queue. According to her, going into Sam's Club physical location would not help either (despite I have read one poster was able to get a Sam's Club store manager to resolve it). This rep said it could only be resolved by the online group.

As for my card, one of the reps I talked to actually opened a ticket without telling me. The rep I talked to this noon while at WalMart also opened a ticket (oddly she did not see the ticket opened the day before). So there are 2 tickets on the same card but none is getting to be looked at any time soon according to this rep because they have many many such reports.

This is truly annoying if this is a KNOWN glitch - why would they continue selling the cards require activation? They should sell the $50 card pre-activated just like the $20 card that is being pulled.

By and large from what I have read from various sites, the issue affects the $50 card far more than the $45 card, though there are folks having issues with the $45 cards as well but not as much as the $50 card.
Honestly, this is amazingly ridiculous for a company as big as Walmart/SamsClub... I have been real lucky; I have received several of the 50's and so far they've all validated... just wondering how long my luck is going to hold up.

I ordered some movie gift cards from Sams a week or two ago and they sent me the wrong movie company tickets. I ordered Marcus and they sent me Cinemark! Even though they said "Marcus" on the packing sheet! I called them and they told me they would exchange them for the right ones, but never received the email to send them back. We don't even have a Cinemark theatre where I live.

Since I used two offers for these tickets, I'm just going to give them to my daughter in San Francisco (probably would lose the credits if I tried to get them refunded).

Love this offer though, but seems like clowns are in charge.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NotJen
What do you mean by the guest membership "working" after 24 hours?

I was still allowed to log into my account and place orders online, BUT a $45 membership fee was added to my cart and I COULD NOT remove it after the 24 hours had passed. (I just created a second account for my new order, so no big deal.)
There is absolutely No Need to create a second account.

You definitely can remove the purchase of the membership - you would need to order things anew, and not things in your saved list - then at the very bottom of the order you will find the box to uncheck the default Membership - I have placed 4 orders with the same account long after the 24 hours period and successfully unchecked the box on each of the orders.

2 out of the 4 were shipped / received last week. 2 remaining "in process" since 06/11.

Originally Posted by lbotez
Honestly, this is amazingly ridiculous for a company as big as Walmart/SamsClub... I have been real lucky; I have received several of the 50's and so far they've all validated... just wondering how long my luck is going to hold up.

I ordered some movie gift cards from Sams a week or two ago and they sent me the wrong movie company tickets. I ordered Marcus and they sent me Cinemark! Even though they said "Marcus" on the packing sheet! I called them and they told me they would exchange them for the right ones, but never received the email to send them back. We don't even have a Cinemark theatre where I live.

Since I used two offers for these tickets, I'm just going to give them to my daughter in San Francisco (probably would lose the credits if I tried to get them refunded).

Love this offer though, but seems like clowns are in charge.
Yup. Definitely a bunch of clowns at the management - too cheap to use quality workers to handling the fulfillment of the orders.

Reading posts on SD, all the recent inactive $50 cards have 6009 as the first 4 digits in the shipping summary, but the physical cards have 6109. Needless to say the activation codes failed.

What really puzzles me is, how can they miscode the first 4 digits of the GCs when generating the activation codes?

I called the customer service once a day since 5 days ago - this morning the rep finally understood the issue. She tried to get hold of a supervisor but nobody picked up the phone after more than 3 minutes, so she had no choice but used the call back option and told me a supervisor would call back within 24 hours. Meanwhile she put down more notes on the ticket.

My card finally was activated this evening when I checked it now showed $50 in it.

Another stupidity thing is, today at a WalMart I tried to buy a $20 and a $25 WalMart GC with the $45 card. The cashier refused to scan the $45 card. Supervisor is called and they queried whether a Sam's card can be used at WalMart - told them to read the fine print at the back of the card... Then they said could not buy WalMart GC. Fine. I paid the produces with the same card and the cashier swiped the card while the system displayed SCAN CARD. I had to remind her to scan it. Card scanned, beep, and approved. Transaction closed.

What difference does it make that I can pay for merchandise with the Sam's GC versus pay for a WalMart GC? It is not like buying a 3rd party GC or a Cash equivalent GC, it is a WalMart GC!

I am 100% sure if the cashier scan the Sam's GC, the purchase of WalMart GC would go thru. I read about people combined several Sam's into one high value WalMart GC. I am the opposite - I tend to misplace GCs so I want them in small denomination so in case I misplace/lose them, the loss is minimized. We only buy produces at WalMart and the transaction usually is below $5. So a $50 would be good for 10 trips, or like 2+ months.

Talk about the illogical thinking of these folks...

Last edited by Happy; Jun 16, 2015 at 10:38 pm
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:55 am

There is absolutely No Need to create a second account.

You definitely can remove the purchase of the membership - you would need to order things anew, and not things in your saved list - then at the very bottom of the order you will find the box to uncheck the default Membership - I have placed 4 orders with the same account long after the 24 hours period and successfully unchecked the box on each of the orders.
Looks like they changed the website since early May. That checkbox option wasn't there when I made my orders.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:39 am

I just made a new account for my purchase as my old account wanted me to buy a membership to shop after 24 hours.

Ended up buying ihop gift card. It shows that I've received the $20 the next day. It wouldn't let me checkout with digital items unless I was a member...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.