FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:37 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sungchiahao
I still have the sams' club 20 off 20 to do. can the $45 membership be used as regular gift card? If not, I would have to buy the $50 gift card
Buy the $45 and dont touch the $50 which has activation issue. I currently have a $50 that is inactive, no money in it and cannot be used. Ticket to investigate this opened since Thursday with no resolution in sight. On SD site there are quite a few people suffer from this issue.

Originally Posted by Sintaku
I don't believe you can use a membership gift card for the value of $45 at a store. It only gifts the actual membership.
Wrong assumption due to Sam's site has deceiving description of the card.

Go back a couple pages and read the posts about the $45 have been used at either Sam's or WalMart, B&M or online.

At the back of the card, it CLEARLY states the card can be used for Purchase of Merchandise at Sam's Club. Samsclub.com, ALL form of Retail at WalMart, Inc. (meaning can be used at neighborhood store also), in US and Peurto Rico and WalMart.com.

Matter of fact you can go to WalMart website and look for the description of this card, it has the wordings as at the back of the physical card.

Sam's site just gives a very misleading description - deceiving advertisement if you will - just as they claim your guest membership is only good for 24 hours... BS, it continues to work long pass that.