Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aSiAnRiCk
See also this thread: Automating AmEx Sync registration

Wiki to track Amex Sync credit. Some merchants seem to have Amex Sync cash back post in 2 business days.

Posted:
Amazon Purchase 12/4 Credit: 2 days
Best Buy Purchase: 12/27 Credit: 2 days
Sprouts (in store) Purchase 11/30 Credit: 2 days
Zappo's Purchase 12/5 Credit: 2 days
Kohl's (in store) purchase 12/20 Credit: 2 days
BP (at station) purchase 12/8 Credit: 2 days
Lowe's (in store) purchase 3/28/15, credit: 2 days
Target in store $30 back on $100+ spend, 6/20/15: 2 days
BJ's in store purchase 7/25/15 Credit: 1 day

Still waiting for credit
Sony (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
Forever 21 (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
AMC Theaters (in store) Purchase: 11/28 Credit: Not posted
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Originally Posted by Happy
Thanks for the info.

Have you personally used it at Walmart or just read about it?

I read some posts on FW that the fine print on the back of the package said it can be used for purchase at Sam's, WalMart and the online sites. The same person ordered one (but he could use it at renewal as he was already a member), the shipping notice email has the same language. If this indeed the case, then this is a solution over the $50 GC that there are reported difficulties on activation. Though someone said at WalMart they could activate it in store if you bring all the paperwork.

Yes, I used it at WMT personally. No problem at all.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleting saved cards before orders being shipped - possible?

Question on the Saved Card Cards

Can you delete the saved credit cards BEFORE the orders are shipped?

I know on Amazon site, it specifically says deleting the saved credit cards would NOT affect the existing orders. I could not find such languages on Sam's site.

Reason I want to remove all the saved cards is because I have read very recent posts (from May 30 to June 2nd) that WalMart.com accounts were being hacked, and orders were placed to ship to some shipment forwarding companies all over the country. People found out the breach either by having shipment confirmation emails still sent to the owner's email address (the crooks did not change the account info) or by the fraud alerts from their card companies - in one case on June 2nd, the owner's WalMart account info was totally altered and he could not logged in.

Therefore, can anyone confirm, can the saved cards be removed before shipping occurred?

TIA.

PS
My 3 orders placed between yesterday and today are all in Process status. How long they would be shipped? Still have 4 cards to do. Started late because only recently returned from out of country trip. I did register the offers while aboard as soon as I had a chance to securely access AMEX. Good thing because offer reached max number on May 19. We were not home until May 28.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 4, 2015 at 1:44 pm
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onthego15
I ordered two $50 Sam's Club gift cards. One I was able to activate with no problem online. The other kept giving me glitches, and I never received confirmation that it was activated. Yet when I went to Sam's Club, I was able to use the unconfirmed gift card with no problem.
Reports on SD indicate that some of them are oreactivated - the tell-tale sign seems to be either you never receive the email to activate the card, or unable to activate it online no matter how you try.

There is also report about one can activate the cards at WMT store, when you come in with your paperwork. It takes 30 min before the card can be used, but per the poster, the store can activate it.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I ordered a couple of gift cards through Sams club.com on Sunday and Monday and the fedex tracking details seem to be completely F'ed up. One of them says estimated shipping date of June 1, with no further updates, and the 2nd one says its a 34 pound package destined for Florida. And nothing has been delivered yet.

Guess I'm calling Sams tomorrow to figure out... has anybody else had any issues this week?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I ordered a couple of gift cards through Sams club.com on Sunday and Monday and the fedex tracking details seem to be completely F'ed up. One of them says estimated shipping date of June 1, with no further updates, and the 2nd one says its a 34 pound package destined for Florida. And nothing has been delivered yet.

Guess I'm calling Sams tomorrow to figure out... has anybody else had any issues this week?
When I ordered my gift cards from Sams I got an expected delivery date of four weeks away. My gift cards showed up in two days. Go figure.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck

Yes. I just would wait a bit because the cards were probably sent correctly nonetheless.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 6:23 am

Spend $5 or more on Google Play and get $5 back.

No twitter handle (at least as of yet). Seems somewhat targeted.

T&C:

Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to eligible American Express Card and use same Card to redeem. Offer limited to single transaction of $5 or more. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Offer valid only for purchases made on Google Play with enrolled American Express Card. Offer not valid for purchases made with Google Wallet or on Google Express. Offer only available in the United States and its outlying territories. Enrolled Card must be set as Google Play payment method in order to receive statement credit. If you receive a replacement Card during the offer and use that Card to enroll, you must update your Card on file with Google Play. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/31/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Worry is, "Offer not valid for purchases made with Google Wallet or on Google Express. "

I believe at least so far buying $5 credits to Google Play seems like showing up as Google Wallet as pending.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 12:03 am

Anyone has any data point on this? Sorry if it was answered already.

I have 6 amex cards and all are added under the same online account. I have never seen the same offer in moer than one card. Is this a restriction? Should we have a seperate online account for each card to see the offers on all the cards
Old Jun 6, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPLT
Originally Posted by funwizard

I have 6 amex cards and all are added under the same online account. I have never seen the same offer in moer than one card. Is this a restriction? Should we have a seperate online account for each card to see the offers on all the cards
Opposite experience- it is rare for me to not have an offer on all cards.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by funwizard

There is no restriction on having the offer multiple times on the same account.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rrgg
Yes. I just would wait a bit because the cards were probably sent correctly nonetheless.
You're right. They both arrived this morning.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 5:06 pm

Adding Authorized Users for these deals

There would seem to be scope for adding authorized users to your cards just to get these offers.

I asked Amex about their limits via chat, and was told 99 authorized users. However, some cards have fees for authorized users.

Incidentally, they will let 15 year olds be authorized users for personal cards. With a low limit, this might be useful in giving them access to emergency cash (and the limit might be raised if more than $200 was needed)? One could also get the benefit of offers on their cards.

You might keep the cards in your possession for safety, and just place orders when a really good deal came up.
At least on line, orders can be placed if you have the information, so two people may be able to use one card for one line orders.

Besides the work involved, what are the problems?

An obvious one is that some relatives might not want you to make them authorized users, and might object if they showed up on their credit reports unexpectedly. Hence, get their consent.

It appears a little information is needed to make someone an authorized user, but it appears to be possible knowing their birthday.

To get the offers you need to have an account you can access to see them (and open multiple windows at once to use all of them), and that would be more work, and may require having more information. I was able to set up one for a relative with the help of Amex on the phone, when I did not know things like cards he had owned years ago, etc.

There would also seem to be scope for arrangements with friends where each became an authorized user on the others cards.

You would have to trust each other, but AMEX seems to permit setting card limits on each authorized user (which can be as low as $200), and permits suspending usage of authorized user cards.

It appears they might be suspended except when your friend was to make use of a specific offer, and possibly the cards might be unsuspected one at a time. so he could use them.limiting, the risk to perhaps $200 on each card.

If you really wanted to be cautious, the friend could send you money each time a deal was used, possibly via Serve or something else that is fast (if Serve is).

Some deals are such both might want to use them, but most seem to be worthwhile only if you would normally shop at that store or restaurants, so there would not be too many conflicts over who used which deal.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Get a $30 statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $100 or more in-store at Target or Walmart by 7/31/2015. Limit 5 statement credits. See terms for exclusions.

Pretty sweet deal! And the exclusions are not too burdensome, either:

Valid in-store only. Valid at any participating location in the US. Target exclusions: Vision Optometry & Clinics. Walmart exclusions: Site to Store (in-store pick up service); Vision Optometry; Coinstar; Clinic; Tax Services; Cafes & Coffee Shops; Beauty/Salon/Hair Cuts; On site restaurants/Dining; On site Gas; 3rd party telecom provider services.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Get a $30 statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $100 or more in-store at Target or Walmart by 7/31/2015. Limit 5 statement credits. See terms for exclusions.

Pretty sweet deal! And the exclusions are not too burdensome, either:

Valid in-store only. Valid at any participating location in the US. Target exclusions: Vision Optometry & Clinics. Walmart exclusions: Site to Store (in-store pick up service); Vision Optometry; Coinstar; Clinic; Tax Services; Cafes & Coffee Shops; Beauty/Salon/Hair Cuts; On site restaurants/Dining; On site Gas; 3rd party telecom provider services.
Where was this one, just on the offers listed for your card at americanexpress.com?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by trouble747
Where was this one, just on the offers listed for your card at americanexpress.com?
Yup. So far, no Facebook or Twitter handle yet.
None on my cards so hopefully they'll open this up on twitter but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't given how good this offer is...

Basically 30% off of your every day spending (gas, starbucks, etc.) as target and walmart have lots of gift cards for many vendors...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.