FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:26 pm
bworrell

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I was slap-happy to find a couple of these offers on our Amex Plat cards. We buy a lot of plane tickets, so I am thinking, "Wow, free money." Made sure that the offers were saved, even clicked through to Amex Travel from the offer on the card website... everything rolling along beautifully ... I had forgotten that Amex is giving 2x MR points on purchases through Amex Travel; and that they are no longer adding on those nuisance ticket price bumps of $7 or whatever, at least not for Amex Platinum swells ...

All good, right? Well, I sure hope so. But I would not be posting this were there not a potential fly in the ointment. When I logged on to our card account after, to see what posted, under the pending were two charges. One to Amex Travel for $2.00; the other to USAirways (yes, I'm still booking USAirways flights) for the $700+ in tickets. How is that going to trigger the $100 Amex Travel offer? I guess I'll find out one way or the other when the pending shifts to posted. In the meantime, if anyone else is seeing something like this (or, worse for me, not seeing something like this), I'd appreciate hearing about it.
My Spend $600 get $100 back specifically said for hotel bookings... can you check yours?