Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2023 | 3:40 am
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Antarius
It's 1:6. Look under the redeem section on BE. https://www.businessextra.com/redeem/redeem-points.htm

Strange - I have 90 orphan point and it says a minimum of 100 is required to exchange them for AA miles instead of 1 point.
Old Oct 24, 2023 | 11:15 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks... just cleaned up my BE account. Now going to apply for the Citibank Business Card and get signed up for the new program....
Old Oct 25, 2023 | 7:28 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Grrr.... so I got declined for the Citi Business Card.... trying to go through my CitiGold RM and escalate this to get a successful reconsideration/approval... lets see how that goes.

In any event, I do have a Barclays AA Aviator Business Card account, anybody know if this card works to get the same waivers as the Citibank equivalent....?
Old Oct 26, 2023 | 3:52 am
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Grrr.... so I got declined for the Citi Business Card.... trying to go through my CitiGold RM and escalate this to get a successful reconsideration/approval... lets see how that goes.

In any event, I do have a Barclays AA Aviator Business Card account, anybody know if this card works to get the same waivers as the Citibank equivalent....?
Barclays is supposed to give more details on what will happen, but they haven't yet.
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023 | 9:21 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Just saw this in the FAQ (was this recently added?):

" What happens with my upcoming Business Extra travel?This content can be expandedYou can continue to earn on eligible travel with the Business Extra program through December 15, 2023. However, if you register with the new AAdvantage Business program, all Business Extra earn ends.
You must cancel and rebook your trips with your new AAdvantage Business account number to be able to earn rewards under the new program, as the business account number cannot be added to an existing reservation. For details on eligible AAdvantage Business travel, visit the program terms and conditions."

We have several trips scheduled into next year with my Business Extra number (including several before December 15th). Once I signup with the new program, the earnings on those reservations ends unless I cancel and rebook. I suspect for most of these trips, the fare has gone up since booking. Also, can one even use a trip credit on the new booking platform? Even if you could, it does not seem to be worth the hassle for everyone involved (including AA!).

AA could have made this easy by automatically linking the existing BE number with the new Business Program. After all, the benefits are decreasing not increasing. This change results in a nice windfall for AA -- induce business to make bookings, and then pull the rug out from under them by changing the program and not providing the expected benefits on those bookings. Wow!

I'll just keep my existing Business Extra program active through December 15th so I can earn on what I have booked.
Old Oct 26, 2023 | 9:37 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
40 Countries Visited5M20 Years on Site

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
The requirement to cancel and rebook is pretty harsh especially as you could, until now, earn with BA 125- tickets.
Old Oct 26, 2023 | 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Markie
The requirement to cancel and rebook is pretty harsh especially as you could, until now, earn with BA 125- tickets.
It's ridiculous. Much like the change to BA earning (fare vs distance), they should honor all bookings as made prior to the deadline.

Unfortunately, AA has no strategy, so such thinking is long past the single megahertz processing power of the C suite.
Markie likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023 | 9:43 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by nall
Barclays is supposed to give more details on what will happen, but they haven't yet.
Sorry if this is discussed earlier, what is the waiver offered from the Citi business card?
Old Oct 26, 2023 | 4:44 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: AA Platinum
Have enough points in our account for a couple of BXP3 awards. Can those be applied to a flight departing in January? The flight is currently A0 but if space opens up after Dec 15 it seems we would just lose the points, correct?
The only alternative seems to be to waste several BXP1s on routes where I will not clear anyways as a Platinum...
Old Oct 26, 2023 | 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by lrbenko
Sorry if this is discussed earlier, what is the waiver offered from the Citi business card?
I think this involves the option for businesses with less than 5 employees to still be able to register for the program.

Im very interested in knowing if the Barclays Aviator Business card will also be granted the waiver feature as I currently have one.... does anybody know why Barclays stopped issuing the Business Version of the AA Card...?
Old Oct 26, 2023 | 8:41 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP
I think this involves the option for businesses with less than 5 employees to still be able to register for the program.

Im very interested in knowing if the Barclays Aviator Business card will also be granted the waiver feature as I currently have one.... does anybody know why Barclays stopped issuing the Business Version of the AA Card...?
Have they officially noted that the card waives the requirement for an FEIN? I would be happy if that were the case, and would sign up for the Citi biz card, but the way I read it was just that having the card would mean an account would be setup - but didn't explicitly state that no FEIN was needed.
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 2:26 am
10 Years on Site

does anybody know why Barclays stopped issuing the Business Version of the AA Card...?
Were currently pausing new applications for the AAdvantage Aviator World Elite Business Mastercard as we explore future enhancements.

Originally Posted by Pinned
Have they officially noted that the card waives the requirement for an FEIN? I would be happy if that were the case, and would sign up for the Citi biz card, but the way I read it was just that having the card would mean an account would be setup - but didn't explicitly state that no FEIN was needed.
I don't think it waives the FEIN requirement, but does waive the minimum employee count and minimum revenue requirements.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2023 | 11:26 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by mrfussion
This is a bummer with a six figure business extra points balance. Not an amount easy to burn in a short period.

My quick glance and understanding is that any awards need to be ticketed by December 15th. The play would seem to be to book Anytime Awards. Meeting services will still exist to make changes, I assume, one year from the date ticketed. But what changes are allowed? Is it date only? Or if I book a BX6E to London can I change it later to Rome? Same thing can I book some BX1E awards for domestic travel and change the airports later, or will I be limited to date changes only?

They discontinued the Business Extra telephone number (800-457-7072) so unfortunately can't even reach them now via telephone. Will have to try email ...
According to the rep in Meeting Services this morning, Yes & yes.

Originally Posted by foldpage
I'm wondering the same thing. We have tons of business extra points and I don't want to lose them. My best guess? No re routing allowed but date changes are probably fine.
According to the rep in Meeting Services this morning, rerouting is allowed within the award code grouping.

Originally Posted by Mtvitale
I’m 90% sure I understand all this… Can I use a BX6D award from business extra to book an award flight before 12/15/23 with a travel date in the spring of 2024? As a side note, is that award code eligible for an upgrade as a Plat flyer? THX all.
I just called the EXP line to check on similar bookings to the above.

The EXP rep told me that all B.E. calls were being routed to Meeting Services 800-433-1790, and she would transfer. She also told me if I needed to call back, it would be quicker to call the EXP line and let them transfer, as they had a "better" (quicker) internal number for that department.

From the Meeting Services department: To use my BX#s on flights, yes I had to book the flights by December 15th. Regarding flight changes, dates and destinations are flexible, as long as changes to the destination are in the same award group. I specifically asked if I booked a USA to BCN flight, would later be able to change the dates and destination (to LIS, for example). Yes, as long as it was with the BX6 umbrella.

Again, according to the rep in Meeting Services. YMMV.
Old Nov 1, 2023 | 7:30 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Citi Bus card

One blog post I read seemed to indicated having the Citibusness AA card was all that was needed to be eligible while another said apply and be approved. Not sure if getting approved for a second card makes sense or is even possible, id be game if this eliminates the 48 month rule on bonuses. Anyone know yet which is it, Ive had the Citi Bus AA for about 6 months now. Seems silly that wouldnt qualify me.
Old Nov 1, 2023 | 8:02 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Following the introduction of the new Business Program, I applied for and received approval for the Citi Business AA card. A couple of days later, I was automatically enrolled in the new Business Program.

I have already discovered a new drawback to the new program. Instead of being able to book multiple people on one reservation and put in the Business Extra number, the new business booking portal allows only one passenger per reservation at a time. So if you have multiple people from your business going on a trip, you have to call in to manually link the reservations for elite companion/upgrade benefits.

Last edited by JY1024; Nov 1, 2023 at 10:14 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.