Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2023, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec

Sad to see the program is ending. Looks like there is some kind of new Advantage Business program but haven't investigated its requirements or benefits yet.
OLUWATOSIN likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Looks like this is the new program: https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...s/overview.jsp

Not sure what is happening to points on the current program.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Antarius
Looks like this is the new program: https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...s/overview.jsp

Not sure what is happening to points on the current program.
Don't worry, your Business Extra® points remain valid through January 31, 2024, and you can continue to redeem points as normal until program end on December 15, 2023. Beginning December 16, 2023, any remaining Business Extra® points will be limited to an AAdvantage® miles transfer or donation to a nonprofit through our Miles for Social Good program. All program functionality, including website and reporting access, will terminate on January 31, 2024.
Antarius likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DMPHL
All BE points must be redeemed by January 31, 2024.
Thanks. AA is impressively good at making changes with minimal lead time
JJeffrey, DMPHL, ZenFlyer and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Do we have to re-enroll in this new program? Or will our accounts be moved over for us?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:42 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Dang. I'll miss the BXPs.
BE Program:
$3250 spend = 650 BE points = 1 domestic upgrade chit
$15500 spend = 3100 BE points = 1 international upgrade chit

"new and improved" Advantage Business program:
$15000 spend = 15,000 redeemable points = 1 domestic upgrade with $75 additional copay
$25000 spend = 25,000 redeemable points = 1 international upgrade with $350 additional copay
Small consolation that you get 2x points if you are using an AA CitiBusiness card.

My last trip before 12/15 is Thanksgiving. The way I read it is that as long as I redeem any remaining points by 12/15, I can still use them up to their expiration a year later by calling business services desk. Am I interpreting correctly?
bedelman likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
seriously... why AA continues to ruin every thing it tries to pass off as an improvement
I have had the Business extra program forever... and now will.. who knows..
Parkdesigner likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:43 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Do we have to re-enroll in this new program? Or will our accounts be moved over for us?
You have to enroll. Nothing will be transferred over. In fact, your BE will be effectively dead on 12/16.
GNALUZU and Parkdesigner like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:52 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
The company I work for has over 100 travelers and getting them to participate in the airline programs is an uphill battle unless you force it through a travel booking solution (e.g., Egencia or Concur), the new program includes a component of bonus loyalty points for 'business travel', so now at least the employees will have an incentive to participate in the program, at least those who are elite (which is some of them).
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by fotographer
seriously... why AA continues to ruin every thing it tries to pass off as an improvement
I have had the Business extra program forever... and now will.. who knows..
At least they aren't gaslighting you by saying you asked for it...that's a Delta thing.

At some point I really want to see whomever came up with a given devaluation to a program dressed up like this asked "If your intent was to improve the customer experience, how does it feel to be a dismal failure in life?"
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Well this sucks. Why go through the hassle of implementing all those changes a year or two ago to tighten eligibility requirements? It really seems like there is no long-term strategy over there...
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by njvandy
Well this sucks. Why go through the hassle of implementing all those changes a year or two ago to tighten eligibility requirements? It really seems like there is no long-term strategy over there...
I'll take AA's listless "we have no plan" strategy over Delta's "we actively hate our customers" strategy every day of the week.

Still, these changes blow.
uanj, halls120, njvandy and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by njvandy
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Maybe I missed it but I've seen zero communication from Business Extra so far on this, only an email from AA promoting the new AAdvantage Business program. And of course when you dig through the FAQ's of the new program there is zero mention of Business Extra, what will happen to BE accounts or points, etc.
ZenFlyer and Antarius like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
The new program mentions travelers earn additional LPs, but I can’t figure out if that’s actually true.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
The only compelling aspect of the new program is that you earn bonus LPs and even then it's based on ticket price with no multiplier.

It's really ...... of AA to not let BXP1s be useable past Dec 15.
Parkdesigner and GrayAnderson like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.