Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Old Oct 20, 2023, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aspirant
Has anyone got this message when trying to register?

Unable to register your company

We couldn't verify your company based on the information you entered.

You can check your company details and try again or read eligibility requirements.
It is a legit company with a US FEIN. I don't know why we wouldn't meet the requirements.

I got the same message for my business which is also legit, has existed for 19 years, and which has had a Business Extra account for most of that time. Not sure why. This AFTER I applied for and was accepted for the CitiBusiness Platinum Select MasterCard because of the new program's affinity for that specific card.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Just did several BusinessExtra redemptions. How long does it usually take for these to process and award to be deposited into someone's account?
Old Oct 21, 2023, 12:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Beckles
The company I work for has over 100 travelers and getting them to participate in the airline programs is an uphill battle unless you force it through a travel booking solution (e.g., Egencia or Concur), the new program includes a component of bonus loyalty points for 'business travel', so now at least the employees will have an incentive to participate in the program, at least those who are elite (which is some of them).
Which, ironically, the new program does not apply to any booking made through a travel agency: https://crankyflier.com/2023/10/19/a...travel-agents/

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Are the admirals club passes transferable once redeemed? Seems like the best way to use up excess points at this point.
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Yeah. But does anyone know if I can have the passes deposited into my account and then give them to others to use?
BusinessExtra Admirals Club passes are only for the designated person and not transferrable. However, technically you can cancel the award and redeem for someone else.

Originally Posted by ExPlatGSO
Just did several BusinessExtra redemptions. How long does it usually take for these to process and award to be deposited into someone's account?
Pretty much instantaneous.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 3:52 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Not thrilled that you cant book multiple passengers on the same itinerary. Now will have to have the PNRs manually linked for upgrades. Just another hassle step with phone agents or chat agents.
Juanefny likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Can someone clarify this for me? I have AC membership which ends in Feb 2024. If I redeem the Bissness Extra award for AC membership now, when will it start? Right now or once my current will expire?
PHX_Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 12:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Just to say that BusinessExtra have been quite flexible with missing BA flights/segments.
They have allowed me to send receipts and have credited points based on these.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 9:23 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
How to redeem BE points to miles

I think that for those that dont have enough BE point to redeem a tangible award you are able to exchange points for award miles. is this correct?
Old Oct 22, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I think that for those that dont have enough BE point to redeem a tangible award you are able to exchange points for award miles. is this correct?
Correct. 1 BE point = 6 AA miles.
Markie and Gaucho100K like this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Great, just what I need.....more AA miles.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 12:45 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Antarius
Correct. 1 BE point = 6 AA miles.
Thanks... and is this conversion automatic when you sign up for the new program or do you have to put in a request on the website or call some (800) number...?
Old Oct 22, 2023, 1:01 pm

Post AAdvantage Business Program

I see a thread on the going-away of the Business Extra program, but perhaps its a good idea to start a new/independent thread on the AAdvantage Business (tm) Program...?

Im still trying to go through all the details and FAQ and still not sure I quite understand how mileage and LP accruals will work for when you book business travel.... will miles and LPs go first to the AA Business Account and then have to be manually transferred to the actual holder of the AA account... as I do think that the AA Business Account is separate from the "normal" Advantage Account we all have as "individuals"...?
txpenny likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 4:26 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Also of note is that the new program seems to use its.com as its backend (pun not intended). ITS seems to have travel expense platforms that are a competitor to the SAP Concur that most of us know.

I did go through searching on the platform, and it does offer other oneworld flights as primes in ways that AA doesn't (aka you can book a LHR-Europe ticket on BA that you wouldn't be able to with AA). I'm not sure if that just creates a BA PNR (and not an AA one), but it certainly helps due to the point that all travel must be booked with AAdvantage Business.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 11:36 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Thanks... and is this conversion automatic when you sign up for the new program or do you have to put in a request on the website or call some (800) number...?
You do it online, via the BusinessExtra portal.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 1:12 am

If we redeem a one time AA admirals club lounge pass say in November will it still have the one year expiration date printed on it? The FAQ doesn't really clarify the lounge pass expiration date but i would assume still a year to use it as normal?
Old Oct 23, 2023, 7:33 pm

If you apply for the Citi AA Business Card, then you are automatically enrolled in the new program.... do you still have to manually convert BE points into AA miles or is this also automatic...??

Thanks !!

Does anybody know if only the Citibank AA Business Credit Card will be associated with this new program.... what happens to those of us that have the Barclays AA Business Card, is this one not valid for the same benefits as the Citibank card...? It would seem that Barclays is currently not offering the business version of their Aviator Card, I wonder if this is somehow connected to the launch of this new Business program...?

Last edited by JY1024; Nov 1, 2023 at 10:14 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.