Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023 | 5:47 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by robinsondg
Feel like this may have been covered but Ive got several BXP1s (purchased in May 2023) that ive tried to use but never cleared. Is there a way to redeposit these and redeem for miles (or something else) before this program goes defunct?
Originally Posted by Pinned
I don't think you can redeposit them. You can search for SWU space on AA's site or C space on expert flyer and try to book something that will clear immediately.
??

Just go to "Returns" then Return Awards, then Upgrades

It will show you your currently outstanding BXP1s, you can return them, and the points redeposit instantly

I did this and am waiting for a few more flights to post. Will be sad to see the end of J-->F BXP1s, but hopefully will hit the 6600 points needed to gift Platinum to my kid through 2/2025
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023 | 6:02 pm
30 Countries Visited500k1M15 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP.
so wait just im clear I have 5000 points I plan on using a BXP3 (3100 points) when is the last day I can redeem this?
Old Dec 6, 2023 | 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Amil
so wait just im clear I have 5000 points I plan on using a BXP3 (3100 points) when is the last day I can redeem this?
You must redeem the points for the BXP3 and apply it by December 15.

If it does not clear immediately, you can waitlist it. If it does not clear by January 31, you can cancel it, redeposit it, and convert to miles (the only then-remaining redemption option). If you let it go past January 31, then if it clears it clears, but if it doesn't clear it will be lost.
Amil and Antarius like this.
Old Dec 6, 2023 | 9:46 pm
30 Countries Visited500k1M15 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by platbrownguy

If it does not clear immediately, you can waitlist it. If it does not clear by January 31, you can cancel it, redeposit it, and convert to miles (the only then-remaining redemption option). If you let it go past January 31, then if it clears it clears, but if it doesn't clear it will be lost.
Thanks for making this more clear for me appreciate it !
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023 | 9:19 am

Anyone know why the new business program does not allow multi city itineraries?
Old Dec 7, 2023 | 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd
Anyone know why the new business program does not allow multi city itineraries?
Because AA (IT).
Antarius likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023 | 7:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I admit to being confused. So the business earns one RDM per dollar and the employee earns one RDM, one LP from there own account plus additional (one per $?) LP due to it being business travel? The link here says "additional LP" https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...s/benefits.jsp.

My first interpretation, which seems incorrect was that the business account gets the RDM on business travel, and the employee gets the LP. But if both the business and the employee are getting RDMs, is it double RDMs per flight?

I was just given a business membership by taking out an Citi AA biz card. Somehow, I'm finding it hard to believe that my business will get a RDM and me as flying employee will get an RDM (or another person listed as Employee0.
donotblink likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023 | 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
I admit to being confused. So the business earns one RDM per dollar and the employee earns one RDM, one LP from there own account plus additional (one per $?) LP due to it being business travel? The link here says "additional LP" https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...s/benefits.jsp.

My first interpretation, which seems incorrect was that the business account gets the RDM on business travel, and the employee gets the LP. But if both the business and the employee are getting RDMs, is it double RDMs per flight?

I was just given a business membership by taking out an Citi AA biz card. Somehow, I'm finding it hard to believe that my business will get a RDM and me as flying employee will get an RDM (or another person listed as Employee0.
Employee gets normal RDMs (so 11 per $ for EXP)
Business account gets one single RDM (1 per $, so it's not double)

After $5k and 5 employees, the individual travelers also start to earn additional LPs. The amount/rate of this bonus does not appear to be disclosed anywhere yet.
donotblink likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023 | 10:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Employee gets normal RDMs (so 11 per $ for EXP)
Business account gets one single RDM (1 per $, so it's not double)

After $5k and 5 employees, the individual travelers also start to earn additional LPs. The amount/rate of this bonus does not appear to be disclosed anywhere yet.

thanks! So a little, but not worth it if you want yo travel with a non staus companion in y.
Old Dec 8, 2023 | 4:08 am

thanks! So a little, but not worth it if you want yo travel with a non staus companion in y.
I must be missing something. What does any of this have to do with a companion?
Old Dec 8, 2023 | 8:24 am
15 Years on Site

I took out a Citi AA business card just before this was announced. What happens if the business doesnt have its own account?

was this detailed on the offer? Im concerned my SUB will be lost or an orphaned account. The Sub isnt worth enough to bother with if it isnt augmented.

ETA I see it is disclosed on the current credit card offfer. I see that miles can be transferred to employees with a footnote: limitations may apply

any more details on the transfer proccess?
I recently opened this card, and 2 days later I received an email with with the subject line, "Welcome to the AAdvantage Business program." It contained a business number they created for me, separate from my personal AA number. I assume the bonus and RDM will go there, and I transfer them to myself or an employee. If you can't find the email, I'm sure Citi knows the number.
Old Dec 8, 2023 | 9:14 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP

Where does the waitlisting information come from? I'd like to waitlist a BXP1 for a post-Dec 15 flight, and the FAQ seems to read that if it doesn't clear by Dec 15 it'll be converted back to points. Thanks!
Old Dec 8, 2023 | 10:35 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA
So for this new AAdvantage Business Program, all I have to do is sign up for the Citi AA Business Plat select credit card, and I don't even need to have the 5 minimum travelers or minimum spend? Essentially I will earn one extra LP per dollar spend on AA and the business will have 2 extra AAdvantage miles per dollar spend?

What's stopping just anyone from claiming they have a sole proprietorship and getting a business card?
donotblink likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023 | 10:54 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
So for this new AAdvantage Business Program, all I have to do is sign up for the Citi AA Business Plat select credit card, and I don't even need to have the 5 minimum travelers or minimum spend? Essentially I will earn one extra LP per dollar spend on AA and the business will have 2 extra AAdvantage miles per dollar spend?

What's stopping just anyone from claiming they have a sole proprietorship and getting a business card?
You can apply as sole proprietor and don't need 5 travelers. I won't try to answer the earning question, but there's more at this link.
"Businesses must have a minimum of 5 travelers and spend $5,000 on American Airlines flights over 12 months to use their miles. These requirements are waived for CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard cardmembers."
donotblink likes this.

Last edited by rrgg; Dec 8, 2023 at 11:03 am
Old Dec 8, 2023 | 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
You can apply as sole proprietor and don't need 5 travelers. I won't try to answer the earning question, but there's more at this link.
"Businesses must have a minimum of 5 travelers and spend $5,000 on American Airlines flights over 12 months to use their miles. These requirements are waived for CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard cardmembers."
Ah, thanks!

So an EXP with the AA Biz account and a Citi Biz CC can earn 13 LP/$ rather than 11. Assuming you need 180k LPs to requal (with the 20k from the Exec card), that's $13,846 in AA spend (versus $16,364 at 11 LP/$), which really takes the edge off.

I see no reason not to do this.
Juanefny and donotblink like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.