Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Old Dec 20, 2023, 11:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Certainly the speed with which they are (not) processing emailed requests has slowed considerably in the last week. Two weeks ago it was a couple of days but as if now I have several uncredited BA tickets awaiting credit and radio silence from their end.
Will raise them the old way in the hope someone might pay attention but it feels as if AA has given up now the programme is gone.
robertablake likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 8:37 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
I just had a new flight that was right at the end of the program post through normally about 5 days after the flight, though of course by the time those points appeared the only option available is the "convert to miles" option. I was wondering if that flight would still post normally, and it seems to have done so. I haven't had any missing tickets to file for a while, so I can't speak to that.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by txpenny
I had a similar experience over the last couple of days.

I was having difficulty with the BE site on the 15th. So I called to book my last few trips directly with an agent. Called EXP line, and after about 15 minutes was transferred to Meeting Services. The agent booked my first trip (for two people). When I asked to book the next trip, I was informed the agent (she) spent to much time with me. The total call was 32 minutes, so I guess 15-20 minutes was just too much for this clown. I made one more plea that this was a simple trip that wouldn't take a few minutes to book. Also, that I was having difficulty with the BE site so personal attention would be helpful. Her response was no response. Not a word, just tossed me into the satisfaction survey which I was glad to take part.

I was able to book the last trip through the BE site, or so I thought. After booking the trip, I went to my credit card website to make sure the charge went through like I always do when booking airfare. There it was in pending, $11.20. Yesterday, the 8000 points were redeposited into my BE account and the trip canceled. I called EXP desk, and they discovered the reason was that the credit card company rejected the payment. I called Barclay, and of course, they emphatically stated that the charge was not declined or rejected by them.

I did call back and filed a complaint against both the rep who was too busy to help me, and my findings from the credit card company. Of course, it's now too late to have any kind of resolution.
Is it too late to redeem points at 6 per 1 RDMs? If so, what was the purpose of BE redepositing the 8000 points in my account?
Old Dec 21, 2023, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by txpenny
Is it too late to redeem points at 6 per 1 RDMs? If so, what was the purpose of BE redepositing the 8000 points in my account?
You have until Jan 31, 2024 to transfer any remaining BE points to AAdvantage accounts.
Antarius likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You have until Jan 31, 2024 to transfer any remaining BE points to AAdvantage accounts.
Thanks, I think there was some sort of web issue. It worked now.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 1:03 pm

Is there a thread for setting up the new program?
Old Dec 21, 2023, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA CK; UA 1P
Travel Booked Prior to 15 Dec

couldnt find this on the aadvantage business faq page.

Does travel booked prior to the Dec 15 program start date count towards business program accrual/benefits?
Old Dec 26, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
BXP1 confirmed in advance of December 15th with points returned to me - was able to OLCI just fine
Old Dec 28, 2023, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I gifted Platinum on 12/14. Points were deducted and thankfully stayed that way. How long should it take for status to kick in?
2 weeks and counting on my gifted platinum redemption. But I emailed today and was pleasantly surprised to receive a reply within about an hour (after an initial auto-reply) --

Due to the extremely high number of redemption requests submitted on the last days of the program - some requests are still being processed. We are working hard to finish fulfilling all the outstanding requests.Thank you for your understanding.
I was kind of starting to lose hope and figured that eventually it would be canceled and returned to points for redemption as miles with no recourse, but it sounds like it may actually be processed.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Will our Business Extra accounts be transferred to the new program? or do we have to re-register? Has anyone done so yet? Is it instant if you qualify or do they have to review it and get back to you? I have $70,000 in air to book this week, but haven't registered yet.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Will our Business Extra accounts be transferred to the new program? or do we have to re-register? Has anyone done so yet? Is it instant if you qualify or do they have to review it and get back to you? I have $70,000 in air to book this week, but haven't registered yet.

I am fairly certain you have to start over again from scratch in terms of setting up the new Business account, adding travelers, etc.
Antarius likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
has anyone been able to overcome this issue? I have a legit business and still got.

Unable to register your company

We couldn't verify your company based on the information you entered.

You can check your company details and try again or read eligibility requirements.
Antarius likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 3:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Amil
has anyone been able to overcome this issue? I have a legit business and still got.

Unable to register your company

We couldn't verify your company based on the information you entered.

You can check your company details and try again or read eligibility requirements.
I was getting that, then I removed my BE acct # , and it went through.

I liked BE because you could book for several people via the AA site (say a group going to a trade show) , and just add the BE # to the reservation. It seems with the new program you have to book people one at a time. This sucks because I oftentimes fly with non-status folks, and they inherit my EP status for upgrades and 'protection' in case of IROPS, etc.
Markie likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by skydve1
I was getting that, then I removed my BE acct # , and it went through.

I liked BE because you could book for several people via the AA site (say a group going to a trade show) , and just add the BE # to the reservation. It seems with the new program you have to book people one at a time. This sucks because I oftentimes fly with non-status folks, and they inherit my EP status for upgrades and 'protection' in case of IROPS, etc.
So if you book everyone together, you wouldn't earn points at all?
Old Dec 29, 2023, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So if you book everyone together, you wouldn't earn points at all?
It doesn't look like you can book more than one person per reservation.
I haven't booked any flights since I signed up for the new program, though - so I can't confirm yet, but take a look at page 3 in the new Business travel guide. (I copied part of the page below)
https://www.aa.com/content/images/aa...el-manager.pdf

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.