Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Old Dec 8, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by potus18
Where does the waitlisting information come from? I'd like to waitlist a BXP1 for a post-Dec 15 flight, and the FAQ seems to read that if it doesn't clear by Dec 15 it'll be converted back to points. Thanks!
If it has not been applied to a reservation, it will convert to points automatically on 12/15.

If it has been applied, then what I said is true. See FAQs:

​​
What will happen to my existing upgrade certificates?Upgrade awards will continue to process as usual through December 15, 2023. Beginning on December 16, 2023, if you would like to cancel a booking with an award certificate or if you do not clear the upgrade waitlist, your certificate will not be automatically reinstated. Email [email protected] to have your award refunded to your Business Extra points balance. For flights beginning February 1, 2024, if you choose to cancel your award booking or do not clear the upgrade list, your upgrade award will be lost.
potus18 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 12:22 pm

Delete

Last edited by lunchtime; Dec 12, 2023 at 8:12 pm
Old Dec 10, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
IME no waivers for the $5k limit, I was $15 short when i wanted to redeem an upgrade award. I did miles/copay instead- the flight posted to BE and now over $5k- and just today laundered the last of my BE points into miles.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
No new program for me. Wont even let me register because I'm under 18 on my account. Oh well. You would think they want the 40k spend between myself and the other people on my the account. First AC now this. Not sure if the program is worth it anyway though since everything has to go through chat if booked on it.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I must be missing something. What does any of this have to do with a companion?
you cannot book a companion with you under the program under the same PNR. You could before.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
RIP BusinessExtra. I really enjoyed this program over the past 10 years.

Markie, Antarius and robertablake like this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
So for this new AAdvantage Business Program, all I have to do is sign up for the Citi AA Business Plat select credit card, and I don't even need to have the 5 minimum travelers or minimum spend? Essentially I will earn one extra LP per dollar spend on AA and the business will have 2 extra AAdvantage miles per dollar spend?

What's stopping just anyone from claiming they have a sole proprietorship and getting a business card?
So, i already have a Citi Business card, but it was opened prior to October 16. Has anyone cancelled their old card, and tried to re apply for a new one post Oct 16. I know there must be a simple explanation, but why only new CM's and not those already in the portfolio? Yes there are benefits, but seems like a lot of hoops to jump through for existing customers.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 8:40 am

Unable to verify company/register

Has anyone who got the unable to verify message been able to fix the problem? I was hoping it was a tech issue they would have resolved by now, but apparently not. My business name has a hyphen and a comma, and the form wont accept that, so thinking that could be the problem, but it seems quite common in this thread and if there was a solution mentioned I must have missed it.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by rrgg
You can apply as sole proprietor and don't need 5 travelers. I won't try to answer the earning question, but there's more at this link.
"Businesses must have a minimum of 5 travelers and spend $5,000 on American Airlines flights over 12 months to use their miles. These requirements are waived for CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard cardmembers."
I think you can apply as a sole proprietor but if you don't have 5 active travelers you won't start earning or gain the benefits of the program. The Citi Business Card waives that 5 active traveler needed for the account.

See here :

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...iness/faqs.jsp
The AAdvantage Business program is for businesses:
  • Of all sizes, from 5 employees to 50,000+
  • Based in the United States or Canada*
  • With a valid federal tax ID (U.S.) or business number (CA) (required during registration)
  • With at least 5 active, registered business travelers
*Coming soon for businesses in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru

No matter the size of your business, CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard cardmembers who applied for the card on or after October 16, 2023 also receive AAdvantage Business membership as an added benefit to the card.

Eligible cardmembers who opened an account before October 16, 2023 will receive AAdvantage Business membership in the next year. These cardmembers will receive more detailed information in the coming months. They can also visit the credit card FAQs for more details.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by worldiswide
So, i already have a Citi Business card, but it was opened prior to October 16. Has anyone cancelled their old card, and tried to re apply for a new one post Oct 16. I know there must be a simple explanation, but why only new CM's and not those already in the portfolio? Yes there are benefits, but seems like a lot of hoops to jump through for existing customers.
Per the FAQs on the AA website, you should automatically get the new AAdvantage Business as a benefit come early 2024.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by aviators99
I'm trying to redeem for AA Gold status for one of my kids, as I did last year. Trying to do it before the deadline. Before Nov 30, it gave an error that she was already Gold, so that was invalid. I didn't realize that the FAQ says you can do this 90 days prior to expiration. So as of December 1, it worked. HOWEVER, every time I do it, I get an e-mail the next day that says:
Did you manage to fix this issue?

I just barely crossed the 6600-point threshold in time (I hit 6614 points this morning with my last set of flight credit requests), so I redeemed Platinum for my kid (who has never had status). I'm hoping I don't get the error email you got, but since tomorrow is the last day, it would be good to know what happened in your case, in case I do!

Side note: if your issue was related to trying to re-up status more than 90 days prior to expiry, then I imagine you didn't fix it because it wasn't fixable (status is good through the end of March, not the end of February, so it shouldn't have mattered whether you applied on 11/30 or 12/1 -- you were a month early either way).
Old Dec 14, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
BXP1s: How Easy to Confirm Space?

I have to redeem my Biz Extra points for something. BXPs are one option, but is upgrade space rarely available?
Old Dec 14, 2023, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Per the FAQs on the AA website, you should automatically get the new AAdvantage Business as a benefit come early 2024.
I just re read the faqs. Thanks but it's sort of vague and says the benefits will be available at a later date and watch for communication from Citi and American. Hope it's early 2024.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
I have to redeem my Biz Extra points for something. BXPs are one option, but is upgrade space rarely available?
Really need to check ExpertFlyer. Plenty of availability depending on the route/date, and keep in mind you need to actually book the travel and apply the BXP by tomorrow.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Really need to check ExpertFlyer. Plenty of availability depending on the route/date, and keep in mind you need to actually book the travel and apply the BXP by tomorrow.
Wow, so all awards and upgrades need to be actually booked, rather than deposited in my account by Dec. 15? If Im not ready to do that, what are the remaining options: Admirals Club one-day passes or memberships? Or if I want to transfer to miles, I guess I have until January to do that

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.