Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Old Dec 14, 2023, 5:51 pm
  #181  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Live: IWI; Work: DCA/Everywhere; Play: LAS/SJU/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by Explore
Wow, so all awards and upgrades need to be actually booked, rather than deposited in my account by Dec. 15? If I’m not ready to do that, what are the remaining options: Admirals Club one-day passes or memberships? Or if I want to transfer to miles, I guess I have until January to do that…
Correct. Unused awards will automatically be returned and redeposited into your account after tomorrow and then your only option will be miles.

It doesn't need to clear but it needs to be applied by tomorrow. See my post higher up in this thread for more.
platbrownguy is offline  
Old Dec 15, 2023, 1:50 am
  #182  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Programs: Nectar Card
Posts: 1,095
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
You must redeem the points for the BXP3 and apply it by December 15.

If it does not clear immediately, you can waitlist it. If it does not clear by January 31, you can cancel it, redeposit it, and convert to miles (the only then-remaining redemption option). If you let it go past January 31, then if it clears it clears, but if it doesn't clear it will be lost.
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Correct. Unused awards will automatically be returned and redeposited into your account after tomorrow and then your only option will be miles.

It doesn't need to clear but it needs to be applied by tomorrow. See my post higher up in this thread for more.
Will we be able to convert BE points into AA miles as the program concludes, even if we don’t satisfy the current traveler and/or spend requirement? I wonder if they’ll “force-convert” AA miles as the program concludes and deposit them in the travel administrator’s AA acct. Sort of like a one time exception to the requirements.

(I have some BE awards I doubt I’ll be able to apply by today. If they can turn into AA miles, I won’t have to pull a hail mary working them into an itinerary.)
futuramadramallama is offline  
Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:02 am
  #183  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Live: IWI; Work: DCA/Everywhere; Play: LAS/SJU/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Will we be able to convert BE points into AA miles as the program concludes, even if we don’t satisfy the current traveler and/or spend requirement? I wonder if they’ll “force-convert” AA miles as the program concludes and deposit them in the travel administrator’s AA acct. Sort of like a one time exception to the requirements.

(I have some BE awards I doubt I’ll be able to apply by today. If they can turn into AA miles, I won’t have to pull a hail mary working them into an itinerary.)
No, you have to meet the eligibility criteria by today -- or at least based on flight activity that occurs by today (you can still fly todat or put in a flight credit request today, for instance, even if those points don't post for a few weeks).

Otherwise you lose access to your BE points.

Also, the BE to AA miles conversion requires a redemption, not automatic.
All accounts that have not met the minimum Business Extra® threshold requirements of three unique travelers and $5,000 in qualifying travel spend by December 15, 2023 will lose access to their Business Extra® points.

We will continue to process flight activity and flight credit requests received by 11:59 p.m. (CT) on December 15, and activity may take up to 3 weeks to post. Any eligible activity will count towards your company's threshold.
futuramadramallama likes this.
platbrownguy is offline  
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:36 pm
  #184  
Used to be 'g_leyser'
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Posts: 10,044
Well it was a good run. I had just over 7K points left, which I was able to book 1 R/T domestic F ticket and 2 R/T domestic Y tickets.

I'm really going to miss the BXP1 upgrades, which was predominantly what I used this program for.
Markie and Antarius like this.
aisleorwindow is offline  
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:59 pm
  #185  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Posts: 4,793
I ended up redeeming for 3 Admirals Club one-day passes, and converted the rest of the points to miles. Too much work to try and find rare upgrade space under the gun, combined with a lack of enthusiasm about the quality of AA premium service, especially internationally and on transcon A321T runs...
Explore is offline  
Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:31 pm
  #186  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Posts: 444
Does anyone know how long the admiral club day passes are good for? I had to get an annual pass and still have points left over so I might as well get a few days passes. But, I won't need them for over a year. Will they still be good? I can't find info on it anywhere, but I am sick and might have missed it!
JenniferNAz is offline  
Old Dec 15, 2023, 5:36 pm
  #187  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: TPA/DFW/K15
Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Posts: 1,657
I just redeemed all but 4K of my points. I believe those will convert to a RDM deposit into my accoount.

How long do I have to wait before signing up for the new program?
txpenny is offline  
Old Dec 15, 2023, 6:31 pm
  #188  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PHL
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 595
Originally Posted by JenniferNAz
Does anyone know how long the admiral club day passes are good for? I had to get an annual pass and still have points left over so I might as well get a few days passes. But, I won't need them for over a year. Will they still be good? I can't find info on it anywhere, but I am sick and might have missed it!
Day passes are valid for a year. “One-Day Pass may be activated by entering an Admirals Club location within 12 months of purchase.” That is buried under the sub heading “One-Day Pass” in the AC’s T&Cs - https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...conditions.jsp
CMTinPHL is offline  
Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:57 pm
  #189  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Live: IWI; Work: DCA/Everywhere; Play: LAS/SJU/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by txpenny
I just redeemed all but 4K of my points. I believe those will convert to a RDM deposit into my accoount.
You need to redeem them for RDM. It's one of the redeem options under "AAdvantage."
platbrownguy is offline  
Old Dec 16, 2023, 10:51 am
  #190  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL, USA
Posts: 4,051
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Did you manage to fix this issue?

I just barely crossed the 6600-point threshold in time (I hit 6614 points this morning with my last set of flight credit requests), so I redeemed Platinum for my kid (who has never had status). I'm hoping I don't get the error email you got, but since tomorrow is the last day, it would be good to know what happened in your case, in case I do!

Side note: if your issue was related to trying to re-up status more than 90 days prior to expiry, then I imagine you didn't fix it because it wasn't fixable (status is good through the end of March, not the end of February, so it shouldn't have mattered whether you applied on 11/30 or 12/1 -- you were a month early either way).
Never got it to work.
aviators99 is offline  
Old Dec 16, 2023, 11:02 am
  #191  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: KHOU/KIAH
Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 11,320
I am trying to convert my points and and get a 'Something went wrong'. Anyone else seeing this?

Figured i'd roll my 6500 odd points over now and then do a cleanup sweep once the ~1000 odd more post eventually. Unfortunately was up front or using miles, so no way to use my BXPs in time. Gonna miss the BXP1 - used them for my team, family etc. regularly on the JFK-SFO transcon.

EDIT: Got it to work. The data entry field for AAdvantage Number is actually a picklist that takes forever to load. In the mean time, it looks like a free form text field


Last edited by Antarius; Dec 16, 2023 at 11:22 am
Antarius is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:15 am
  #192  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: LA
Programs: AA, DL, UA
Posts: 544
So about 2 days after being approved/opening Citi Business Plat, AA sent out an email with AAdvantage Business account number and info.

So if I am reading this correctly... if I have upcoming reservations already booked with the old Business Extra number, I won't be able convert them to the new AAdvantage Business account automatically? It seems like you need to book from AA website and select 'Business' as a 'travel type' to have the reservation tied to the new AAdvantage business account going forward. The FAQs state ''You are not able to convert existing Business Extra® reservations to the AAdvantage Business™ program but can continue to earn with either program through December 15, 2023." but I wonder if some agents are able to manually convert the existing reservations.

Anyone have any experience earning with the new program? TIA
supermintyfresh is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:49 am
  #193  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PHL / NYC / PSA-BLQ
Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Posts: 3,133
Well I just got a surprise package in my BE account. They redeposited a BXP3 I had redeemed in February so 3100 points appeared in my account. What's odd is I used it in June. Well, I just transferred them to AA miles as that's all they are good for.
JMN57 is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2023, 2:26 am
  #194  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City + Vail, CO
Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Posts: 3,229
Originally Posted by JMN57
Well I just got a surprise package in my BE account. They redeposited a BXP3 I had redeemed in February so 3100 points appeared in my account. What's odd is I used it in June. Well, I just transferred them to AA miles as that's all they are good for.
same!
donotblink is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2023, 5:27 am
  #195  
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
So about 2 days after being approved/opening Citi Business Plat, AA sent out an email with AAdvantage Business account number and info.

So if I am reading this correctly... if I have upcoming reservations already booked with the old Business Extra number, I won't be able convert them to the new AAdvantage Business account automatically? It seems like you need to book from AA website and select 'Business' as a 'travel type' to have the reservation tied to the new AAdvantage business account going forward. The FAQs state ''You are not able to convert existing Business Extra® reservations to the AAdvantage Business™ program but can continue to earn with either program through December 15, 2023." but I wonder if some agents are able to manually convert the existing reservations.

Anyone have any experience earning with the new program? TIA
I really look forward to hearing people’s experiences with this.

Have tried to sign up for the new Business program multiple times since November and have gotten the error reported by several others: “Unable to register your company We couldn't verify your company based on the information you entered. You can check your company details and try again or read eligibility requirements.”

My company has an EIN, employees, and been filing an 1120S since 2018. Not that it matters, as I am also a Citi CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard holder (opened in 2022)

I wonder if as a cardholder prior to this announcement I am being “punished” by not being issued a business AAdvantage number until 2024 (as per the faq)?

In that case it’s a ridiculous oversight as I will have months worth of lost LP earning for reservations falling in the transition ‘deadzone’. I truly hope they have a conversion process for those of us in this situation… I have still been adding my BE number to all reservations in this hope.
jojobaggies is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.