Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2023 | 8:08 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'
20 Years on Site

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
Following the introduction of the new Business Program, I applied for and received approval for the Citi Business AA card. A couple of days later, I was automatically enrolled in the new Business Program.
Do you have a FEIN?
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 9:20 am
20 Years on Site

I'm having trouble setting up my small business in the new program.
The only way to add staff is to send them an email. The site provides a message that the email is sent - but it never arrives, and the page for checking Pending invites is empty

Anyone experience something similar, or know of a fix.

I tried chat help but they were clueless
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 12:24 pm
50 Countries Visited60 Nights3M20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Any speculation about the reasons behind the precipitate termination of Business ExtrAA ?

I wonder if it presages other changes. Or maybe AA didn't like the complexity of having a parallel universe of awards and upgrades, even though the program redeemed from the same C and U inventories as the AAdvantage mileage awards.

I've perfected two BXP1s for 2024, and I have three more redeemed but awaiting to confirm into tickets..
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by brittex
I'm having trouble setting up my small business in the new program.
The only way to add staff is to send them an email. The site provides a message that the email is sent - but it never arrives, and the page for checking Pending invites is empty

Anyone experience something similar, or know of a fix.

I tried chat help but they were clueless
This forced registration is a problem - I have some part time contractors that I pay for travel who already got registered for another client - NOT allowing people to enter a number at booking time vs having ONE "Business" profile in the standard AA.com site is ludicrous. I would have liked them to transfer qualifications too as we are end of year with quieter travel so I won't hit my 5 confirmed travellers for quite some time, even though we're 20K in revenue a month and 3+ travellers the last 10 months
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 12:54 pm
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
This forced registration is a problem - I have some part time contractors that I pay for travel who already got registered for another client - NOT allowing people to enter a number at booking time vs having ONE "Business" profile in the standard AA.com site is ludicrous. I would have liked them to transfer qualifications too as we are end of year with quieter travel so I won't hit my 5 confirmed travellers for quite some time, even though we're 20K in revenue a month and 3+ travellers the last 10 months
I have exactly this problem too. For my subs and for me
90% of my travel needs to be routed to my Business AA account. But the remainder is contractually required to be routed to a client Business AA account. So this means I have to flip between the two. Does flipping have to happen at point of ticketing, or point of flying?

Not happy
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 2:46 pm
20 Years on Site

And hit the next barrier...
If I select business travel when booking I am unable to book more than one person on the same reservation - even if all are registered against my Business Account
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 3:04 pm
20 Years on Site

After calling in I was told that the inability to book multiple employees onto a single reservation is by design
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 3:07 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I just got approval for the CitiBusiness AA Card so I will wait for my automatic enrollment into the new program.

Have to wonder if Barclays is being "excluded" as a business card provider for AA cobranded products going forward..... or will there be a re-launch of sorts of the Barclays products...?

Also, is there an 0800 number where you can call customer service for this new business program...??
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 3:09 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
How long ago were you approved....? Have you received your new card yet...? Apparently there are substantial delays in mailing out of the actual cards, Im hoping that Citi will provide some form of "virtual" card that one can use without having the physical piece of plastic as Im ready to get that initial spend going as soon as possible.....

Originally Posted by dc10forlife
Following the introduction of the new Business Program, I applied for and received approval for the Citi Business AA card. A couple of days later, I was automatically enrolled in the new Business Program.

I have already discovered a new drawback to the new program. Instead of being able to book multiple people on one reservation and put in the Business Extra number, the new business booking portal allows only one passenger per reservation at a time. So if you have multiple people from your business going on a trip, you have to call in to manually link the reservations for elite companion/upgrade benefits.
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by brittex
After calling in I was told that the inability to book multiple employees onto a single reservation is by design
So if I want to book my co-worker and me on the same business trip, we have to make two separate reservations? Meaning that if I want to extend my upgrade potential to him as a companion, I have to call the EXP desk every time I make such a reservation to have them linked? That would be a colossal waste of time - on the part of reservation agents and my support staff - for something that used to be automated at the point of reservation. Ugh.
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 4:40 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Edgewater Folk
So if I want to book my co-worker and me on the same business trip, we have to make two separate reservations? Meaning that if I want to extend my upgrade potential to him as a companion, I have to call the EXP desk every time I make such a reservation to have them linked? That would be a colossal waste of time - on the part of reservation agents and my support staff - for something that used to be automated at the point of reservation. Ugh.
If they make it sufficiently difficult, a lot of people won't bother...
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I would like to use the points to get AC membership. If I redeem today, when will the membership start, on the day of redemption, or when my current membership year ends (I have almost 6 months left on it)? Is there any way to delay the start of the new cycle?
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Pinned
Have they officially noted that the card waives the requirement for an FEIN? I would be happy if that were the case, and would sign up for the Citi biz card, but the way I read it was just that having the card would mean an account would be setup - but didn't explicitly state that no FEIN was needed.
I cant see why the FEIN would be a hard requirement - if the IRS allows sole proprietorships to operate with the owners SSN, then why not issue a business credit card.... besides, all these small business cards have full recourse to the owner so in the end, its all one and the same... or perhaps Im looking at this the wrong way...?
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 5:28 pm

duplicate
Old Nov 2, 2023 | 7:12 pm
Suspended

I'm a small business owner and have also been trying to figure this out to determine if it's something we should do. We do have more than 5 employees but in reality only two of us fly for work so from my reading we would not be eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.