Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2023, 3:00 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Nothing of note different at BNA or DFW A on 11/7, as compared to last year. In fact, it almost seemed downgraded.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 3:25 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by james318
Nothing of note different at BNA or DFW A on 11/7, as compared to last year. In fact, it almost seemed downgraded.
It seems like whether they switched to the new black bowls and platters for the cold items is an indicator of whether a location has received the upgraded food.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
For what it's worth, I decided to cancel my AA Executive Mastercard. By my math I can get about 40 airport drinks for the cost of the $770 annual fee (including my wife as an authorized user). The selling point of the Admirals Club used to be that it offered a more luxurious, personalized environment, but I feel that "generic airport bar" now has that edge.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:23 am

is there a major difference in food and beverage options between the admirals clubs in MIA? near D15 and D30?

Thank you
Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta PM
Originally Posted by michael1023
is there a major difference in food and beverage options between the admirals clubs in MIA? near D15 and D30?

Thank you
The main difference between the two clubs is crowding IMO. D15 is almost always emptier than D30. 99% positive the food and drink is the exact same.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by MIADCAFlyer
The main difference between the two clubs is crowding IMO. D15 is almost always emptier than D30. 99% positive the food and drink is the exact same.
yeah i have read that in a few different places about D15 being a bit less crowded. i guess because it's in the opposite direction of where people come through security, and people just gravitate towards D30?
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta PM
Originally Posted by michael1023
yeah i have read that in a few different places about D15 being a bit less crowded. i guess because it's in the opposite direction of where people come through security, and people just gravitate towards D30?
If you take into account all the E gates the D30 Club services a lot more flyers than the D15 Club. It also helps that the Centurion is across from the D15 Club. I think in general there are more gates in the vicinity of D30.
AAway and michael1023 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
CLT C club is an absolute disaster - but the packaged sandwiches would actually be a nice option to have regularly, especially for grab and go.
dw, lowfareair and robertablake like this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 4:32 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Im sitting in the new flagship DCA club now. Ive been to clubs in MIA and LGA (also both new) since they announced this change

This DCA club is super dark, with mediocre food and drink options, few people (so the food is sitting out with little turnover). Its not that appealing, especially for the flagship club. It is indeed quiet

Maybe Im too used to the hustle and bustle and better food options of the SkyClub, but it seems like this new Admirals Club template isnt really a step up at all
Old Nov 28, 2023, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Im sitting in the new flagship DCA club now. Ive been to clubs in MIA and LGA (also both new) since they announced this change

This DCA club is super dark, with mediocre food and drink options, few people (so the food is sitting out with little turnover). Its not that appealing, especially for the flagship club. It is indeed quiet

Maybe Im too used to the hustle and bustle and better food options of the SkyClub, but it seems like this new Admirals Club template isnt really a step up at all
The breakfast is a significant upgrade, the lunch/dinner a significant downgrade at DCA (I refuse to ever have any seafood item from a buffet. The sooner the crab cakes rotate out, the better).
Adelphos likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Im getting a bit tired of the crab cakes.....
KBMIFlyer and Adelphos like this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 6:44 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
The mozzarella and tomato bites are good though
Old Nov 28, 2023, 8:13 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I recently starting splitting my flying between AA and DL after being an AA loyalist for more than a decade and the contrast between the F&B at lounges at airports like LAX and LGA is extraordinary
Adelphos and hhdl like this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Pinned
CLT C club is an absolute disaster - but the packaged sandwiches would actually be a nice option to have regularly, especially for grab and go.
Saw these in the doorway of the B lounge as I was walking by. We already bought food (and were with too many extended family members to admit on one card) so we didn't go in.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
The breakfast is a significant upgrade, the lunch/dinner a significant downgrade at DCA (I refuse to ever have any seafood item from a buffet. The sooner the crab cakes rotate out, the better).
You know I finally got brave enough to try the crab cakes recently... and they weren't bad at all. Like everything else in the club, it's crafted for mass consumption and bland, but I'd eat them again.
LovePrunes and donotblink like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.