Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2024, 6:52 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by chrisny2
No. DFW lounges haven't received upgrades yet.
Maybe the remaining clubs will finally see the “upgraded” food when the onboard wine lists come back ;-)
Old Jan 29, 2024, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Visited the DFW Terminal D lounge a few weeks ago and the food offering was awful. Little bits of chicken, not even very warm, and a soup. This is suppose to be an upgrade?
More like an upgrAAde you know, Clown Isom's wAAy
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by chrisny2
No. DFW lounges haven't received upgrades yet.
Makes no sense. It's AA's major hub. How difficult can it be to upgrade the food?
Old Jan 30, 2024, 9:02 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Makes no sense. It's AA's major hub. How difficult can it be to upgrade the food?
The upgraded food was announced to soften the blow of the Citi Exec AF and annual lounge membership fees going up, yet 6 months later, it’s only been rolled out to a few select locations. I have to wonder whether it’s logistical issues that are holding things up, or just AA’s typical half hearted approach to everything.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
For one thing, the new caterer for the DFW Clubs is just now taking over the contract (Compass), and they're going through the staffing transitions from HMS first, over the coming weeks.
JIMCHI and chrisny2 like this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:00 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by dw
The upgraded food was announced to soften the blow of the Citi Exec AF and annual lounge membership fees going up, yet 6 months later, it’s only been rolled out to a few select locations. I have to wonder whether it’s logistical issues that are holding things up, or just AA’s typical half hearted approach to everything.
I'd like to think that the reason why current cardholders (at least myself) were grandfathered in to the old pricing of $450 with no AU fee for another year was because AA recognized that the rollout was taking much longer than expected and it would be ridiculous to increase the price for effectively nothing.
ysolde and safari ari like this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 1:03 pm

I suspect it has nothing to do with ability, but rather has to do with the lack of urgency due to limited competition.

Last edited by AAway; Jan 30, 2024 at 2:24 pm
Old Jan 30, 2024, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
I'd like to think that the reason why current cardholders (at least myself) were grandfathered in to the old pricing of $450 with no AU fee for another year was because AA recognized that the rollout was taking much longer than expected and it would be ridiculous to increase the price for effectively nothing.
Indeed. Would take a lot of pints of "local" IPA or glasses of bottom-shelf sparkling wine to make up for a $150 increase
FlyFreakquently likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dw
It’s AA’s half-hearted approach.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Not that AA doesn't have a role in the timeline, but in fairness there were at least two major logistical challenges to the transition. First, many of the locations needed physical changes to the service pantries to support the new items -- which take months. (Permitting, construction, inspections, etc..) Second, many locations were nearing the end of their catering contracts, and I doubt either AA nor HMS wanted to invest in the weeks of work to transition some of those stations that only had months left in their contract. Some cities like CLT hit both of those issues, but some cities like DFW hit the latter.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:22 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Chicago H/K Admirals Club, January 31, 6:00 PMish.

Noting upgraded unless you consider three soups, broccoli cheddar, Caribbean jerk chicken and Italian wedding soup,and Asian sesame chicken with carrots and broccoli with quinoa rice to be upgraded offerings,
Old Feb 1, 2024, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold Choice Gold Wyndham Platinum IHG Platinum Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by TWA884
Chicago H/K Admirals Club, January 31, 6:00 PMish.

Noting upgraded unless you consider three soups, broccoli cheddar, Caribbean jerk chicken and Italian wedding soup,and Asian sesame chicken with carrots and broccoli with quinoa rice to be upgraded offerings,
No change in menu since last October.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
"French Macarons" at DCA/C today (well-intentioned signage, I think, with the redundant "French," but wishful thinking if someone thought it would deter the insistent from calling them macaroons or macrons).

They were no Ladurée, but they were surprisingly really good! And lots of different flavors!

chrisny2 and ExpatExp like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 2:35 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
"French Macarons" at DCA/C today (well-intentioned signage, I think, with the redundant "French," but wishful thinking if someone thought it would deter the insistent from calling them macaroons or macrons).

They were no Ladurée, but they were surprisingly really good! And lots of different flavors!

they’ve had these in Miami for a while
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by donotblink
they’ve had these in Miami for a while
I went to the DCA D club on 3/24 and had these. There were significant delays in E due to weather primarily in charlotte overnight into the morning that led to canceled flights and such earlier in the day. The E lounge entry attendants told me when I asked that they had been "at capacity" effectively since opening and anticipated being so for the rest of the day. They were only accepting Admirals Club members and were not offering day passes. When I turned around with my guests to leave, they tried to sell me on an annual membership. I politely declined and walked to D which was probably 2/3 full and got a day pass.

Anyway, on the topic at hand, the macarons were there in a large glass case with two other shelves - one with brownie bites and one with cinnamon sugar donut holes. The macarons were surprisingly pretty good. I didn't try the other two items. However, the cold udon and cabbage salad dish featured noodles that in parts were very, very dry. The more traditional salad next to it also not good. The for purchase chicken sandwich was unavailable as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.