Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Old Nov 29, 2023, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I'm a Delta refugee navigating AA.

I've been thoroughly enjoying the AA lounge at LGA.... and was excited for my first non LGA lounge... CLT C lounge and... wow... culture shock for someone used to the renovated skyclubs only. But, the grab and go sandwich was nice as I had a short layover and was walking from B to E gates
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
I'm a Delta refugee navigating AA.

I've been thoroughly enjoying the AA lounge at LGA.... and was excited for my first non LGA lounge... CLT C lounge and... wow... culture shock for someone used to the renovated skyclubs only. But, the grab and go sandwich was nice as I had a short layover and was walking from B to E gates
The LGA club is, in my opinion, the best in the system. (Granted, I haven't been to all of them.) If you're comparing the rest of them to LGA, then you're in for a rough go of it.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Hoi polloi
The LGA club is, in my opinion, the best in the system. (Granted, I haven't been to all of them.) If you're comparing the rest of them to LGA, then you're in for a rough go of it.
The new AA LGA club is OK - but it in terms of food options and quality, it is just no where near the offering of the newer SkyClubs, such as the Delta LGA club. My point was that even after the introduction of new food options at Admirals Clubs, it's just not an equivalent option. Now there may be advantages of that (such as less crowding), but the "upgrades" simply failed to meet the market.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Lets compare something like the new Kansas City (!) SkyClub to flagship, upgraded Admirals Clubs like LGA and DCA in terms of food options - the Kansas City SkyClub has meaningfully better food. I acknowledge the AA clubs have improved but its just not the same level of offering
Antarius likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 11:38 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Folks - a reminder that thread is about Admirals Club food upgrades. If you want to discuss locations of bathrooms and work areas, other lounge amenities, route expansions, hypothetical routes, foreign competition, corporate mergers, airline executives, local government regulations, lounge operating hours, non-lounge credit card benefits, crowding at Centurion lounges, cybersecurity, construction, furniture, etc, please do so in another thread/forum.

(Those who repeatedly take threads off-topic may be subject to warning or suspension per FT Rules. A handful of members had 20+ posts deleted in this thread...so some folks are on very thin ice!) Thanks for your help and cooperation. /Moderator

Last edited by JY1024; Dec 2, 2023 at 12:56 am
Old Jan 5, 2024, 5:14 am

hows the food and bev looking in miami admirals club D15 these days? anything enticing?

thank you
Old Jan 5, 2024, 5:55 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by michael1023
hows the food and bev looking in miami admirals club D15 these days? anything enticing?

thank you
I definitely prefer this club as opposed to the one by D30, as it is usually less crowded.

food is pretty standard and nothing special. Im usually there in the mornings, and they have eggs, bacon, pancake, cereals, fruit - all the usual.

The lady who makes the guacamole toast is hiding immediately next to the bar. I missed seeing her the first couple of times there because the station is tucked in the corner.

The coffee machines actually seem to work there, as opposed to the other admirals club, where the machines are constantly in service mode.

thats about it!
W&M Flyer and michael1023 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by kg07
I definitely prefer this club as opposed to the one by D30, as it is usually less crowded.

food is pretty standard and nothing special. Im usually there in the mornings, and they have eggs, bacon, pancake, cereals, fruit - all the usual.

The lady who makes the guacamole toast is hiding immediately next to the bar. I missed seeing her the first couple of times there because the station is tucked in the corner.

The coffee machines actually seem to work there, as opposed to the other admirals club, where the machines are constantly in service mode.

thats about it!
ok well something is something, i can't imagine having access to a lounge and still having to pay for food, but alas, that what admirals club does.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 9:37 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Breakfast LAX T5 Admirals Club

I got an avocado toast before I saw the lox platter across the way from the bar

​​​​​

dw, enviroian, lrdpenn and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 9:51 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by TWA884

​​​​​
They sure are creative with their naming. I dont even need to see the roasted tomato egg folds to know they are similar to the folded omelettes they serve at select service hotels like Hampton Inn, HIX, etc.
lrdpenn, donotblink, Check and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EP, Marriott Gold
Been through PHX, ORD, and DFW recently and they all had the same sweet chili chicken teriyaki and rice/quinoa at lunch/dinner time. Soups included Italian wedding, broccoli and cheddar, and chicken tortilla (DFW). carrots, greek salad, hummus, etc (the uzhe) rounded out the offerings. for breakfast in ORD, there was an egg scramble, bacon and the other usuals.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 11:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by markiedawg
Been through PHX, ORD, and DFW recently and they all had the same sweet chili chicken teriyaki and rice/quinoa at lunch/dinner time. Soups included Italian wedding, broccoli and cheddar, and chicken tortilla (DFW). carrots, greek salad, hummus, etc (the uzhe) rounded out the offerings. for breakfast in ORD, there was an egg scramble, bacon and the other usuals.
Yup, except for LAX, DCA, and MIA, the rest of the clubs (except CLT C under construction) will generally have the same un-upgraded food selections in a given month. The upgrades were announced to be rolling out systemwide in 2024, but we'll see!
Old Jan 28, 2024, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by dw
They sure are creative with their naming. I dont even need to see the roasted tomato egg folds to know they are similar to the folded omelettes they serve at select service hotels like Hampton Inn, HIX, etc.
they are, but at least there is some on-site preparation: I've personally seen them sprinkling the diced bell peppers into the egg folds. The texture and flavor is way better than the scrambled liquid egg product IMO
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Visited the DFW Terminal D lounge a few weeks ago and the food offering was awful. Little bits of chicken, not even very warm, and a soup. This is suppose to be an upgrade?
Old Jan 28, 2024, 6:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
...This is suppose to be an upgrade?
No. DFW lounges haven't received upgrades yet.
lowfareair, AAway, hurnik and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.