Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2023, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
These “upgrades” are just so disappointing. Stopped into the Eagle’s Nest club at LAX upon arrival and just don’t see any real difference. It’s the same exact food, just with a “fancier” description on a sleek placard.
The tomato mozzarella basil skewers shown in your first picture were excellent on two different trips through DCA. A legitimate upgrade. I don't ever remember seeing them pre-"upgrade." And I've only seen them at DCA so far. I haven't been through LAX recently.
TWA884 and LovePrunes like this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
The tomato mozzarella basil skewers shown in your first picture were excellent on two different trips through DCA. A legitimate upgrade. I don't ever remember seeing them pre-"upgrade." And I've only seen them at DCA so far. I haven't been through LAX recently.
the skewers are being offered non-breakfast hours at all 3 of the airports originally announced to roll out the upgraded food.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 3:37 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
These “upgrades” are just so disappointing. Stopped into the Eagle’s Nest club at LAX upon arrival and just don’t see any real difference. It’s the same exact food, just with a “fancier” description on a sleek placard.

I’d rather go back to the “old” food and beverage if there is no annual fee increase.
That’s actually an improvement for the Eagle’s Nest… last time I was there in the afternoon, they only had soups and the old square bowl setup with carrots, hummus, cheese cubes, pita chips, etc. They didn’t have any of the old hot items they used to have in T4 and T5.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:56 pm

Came through LAX's T4 club this past week. A few "enhancements" - replaced the rice krispies treats with macarons. But it seems they've also started grab and go at the check-in desk, with bags of popcorn. One more "enhancement" a lounge attendant was making the rounds offering up klondike ice cream treats.

Slightly related, mentioned earlier in this thread but does anyone know why the Legacy US clubs have never gotten the Coke Freestyle machines that were added during the last club updates years ago - instead we're still obligated to talk to a bartender to get our sodas/sparkling water?
dw likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by peetahvw
Came through LAX's T4 club this past week. A few "enhancements" - replaced the rice krispies treats with macarons. But it seems they've also started grab and go at the check-in desk, with bags of popcorn. One more "enhancement" a lounge attendant was making the rounds offering up klondike ice cream treats.

Slightly related, mentioned earlier in this thread but does anyone know why the Legacy US clubs have never gotten the Coke Freestyle machines that were added during the last club updates years ago - instead we're still obligated to talk to a bartender to get our sodas/sparkling water?
I've been offered klondikes passed by servers in other clubs recently too, not just the 3 trial clubs for the new food.
dw and donotblink like this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 6:15 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
I've been offered klondikes passed by servers in other clubs recently too, not just the 3 trial clubs for the new food.
They're definitely taking something out of DL and UA’s playbook there… don’t recall ever seeing special pop up treats before in any AC.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by flyfreakquently
these “upgrades” are just so disappointing. Stopped into the eagle’s nest club at lax upon arrival and just don’t see any real difference. It’s the same exact food, just with a “fancier” description on a sleek placard.

I’d rather go back to the “old” food and beverage if there is no annual fee increase.

🤮🤮🤮🤢🤢🤢
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:34 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by dw
They're definitely taking something out of DL and UA’s playbook there… don’t recall ever seeing special pop up treats before in any AC.
I appreciate they're making an effort but one of the fundamental problems is it's the same people attempting to make the "premium" food as made the food you guys all remember as awful. As a new AA flyer I have to say the AC food is just bad, still, at LAX at least.

Nice they're doing Klondike bars, etc., though.

They actually don't need to make "premium" entrees if they can't pull them off. I'd rather they stick with something simpler and harder to prepare badly, like the guacamole and chips or soup and sandwiches the Alaska lounge had at SFO. Make simpler stuff with better quality ingredients.

Thankfully at LAX I have the Centurion and Alaska lounges as options.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 3:58 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by synzero
They actually don't need to make "premium" entrees if they can't pull them off. I'd rather they stick with something simpler and harder to prepare badly, like the guacamole and chips or soup and sandwiches the Alaska lounge had at SFO. Make simpler stuff with better quality ingredients.
At the end of the day, this is a glorified buffet. A buffet that you get unlimited access to for an annual rate, and it includes booze and other high operating costs. We shouldn't expect restaurant quality food. Even the airport restaurants can't usually offer restaurant quality food.
enviroian, TWA884 and hhdl like this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by patmcpsu
At the end of the day, this is a glorified buffet. A buffet that you get unlimited access to for an annual rate, and it includes booze and other high operating costs. We shouldn't expect restaurant quality food. Even the airport restaurants can't usually offer restaurant quality food.
Glorified buffet? I don't think so. If you call the FL a glorified buffet, I could agree with that.
asnovici and hhdl like this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 9:17 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I am at Mia D30 club and wanted a mimosa but, surprise, they are out of prosecco so you can have one with a $17 dollar glass of champagne. Surprisingly he was selling a lot of them including me as I have more Amex Plat credit than I can use. Pulled cuban pork and empanadas. Not bad
Old Oct 18, 2023, 8:29 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
First AC visit since the revamp last night at LAX. They now have charcuterie. Other than that I couldn’t tell much difference. There’s a little more food. If i flew weekly or bi monthly over a year I would say the food offering is more substantial.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC

I would agree with this assessment. Fancier sounding food that generally taste about the same.
lsquare and FlyFreakquently like this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by KBMIFlyer
I would agree with this assessment. Fancier sounding food that generally taste about the same.
One upgrade that's noticeable is better draft beer, gratis.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KBMIFlyer
Is it described as "chef inspired"?
asnovici, lsquare and hhdl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.