Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2023, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium
My anecdotal experience at LAX FLL is that the food has gotten much better, with more options at higher quality. The made to order skirt steak station during lunch today was a big hit as well.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 10:20 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Credit to Amex in many ways, a rising tide it would seem lifts Admirals especially.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Upgraded food at Newark liberty international Airport

I havent flown out of Newark liberty international airport since they reopened the ac.

They now have pastrami sliders.

Old Nov 11, 2023, 8:05 pm

Got to give them credit: they are TRYING to up their game from a presentation standpoint with the limited extra budget for actual better food offerings.
Makes me think of a "light" version of the Flagship Lounge food display.
Better than the status quo
Old Nov 11, 2023, 10:02 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by donotblink

I like how they specify chickpea falafel, as if falafel is anything else.
wk989 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 12:39 pm

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
First Visits

I recently took my first AA flights, after years of Delta. LAX-PHL roundtrip. As these were my first AA flights, I can't compare the old and new offerings at the Admiral's Club. I found what's on offer now to be, well, adequate. Nothing, of course, like the splashy new Sky Club at LAX, but it wasn't something out of the 9 circles of hell that some posters seem to make them out to be. The food was edible, though choices limited. I don't care much about dcor, I just need a comfortable seat in a less-hectic space than the terminal, something to eat, and preferably a view outside. Both LAX T-4 and PHL B/C had these. Certainly not blown away by the offerings, but they were fine. Perhaps damning by faint praise
Old Nov 12, 2023, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by socalflying
I recently took my first AA flights, after years of Delta. LAX-PHL roundtrip. As these were my first AA flights, I can't compare the old and new offerings at the Admiral's Club. I found what's on offer now to be, well, adequate. Nothing, of course, like the splashy new Sky Club at LAX, but it wasn't something out of the 9 circles of hell that some posters seem to make them out to be. The food was edible, though choices limited. I don't care much about dcor, I just need a comfortable seat in a less-hectic space than the terminal, something to eat, and preferably a view outside. Both LAX T-4 and PHL B/C had these. Certainly not blown away by the offerings, but they were fine. Perhaps damning by faint praise
Considering that some seem to want white glove Michelin star experiences, 'fine' is a more realistic expectation. Could be better than fine is a good goal.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 1:43 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I found what's on offer now to be, well, adequate.
For better or worse, adequate pretty much describes what AA is these days.
AAway likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 1:53 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver

Much nicer wine glass & better house wine pour today @ high A club in PHX.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The food was edible
Non-toxic too.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 4:45 pm

I thought they were supposed to have grab and go food with the upgraded offerings? They definitely had chips and energy bars at DCA in the beginningnow nothing
Old Nov 12, 2023, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by AmericanCaptive
I thought they were supposed to have grab and go food with the upgraded offerings? They definitely had chips and energy bars at DCA in the beginningnow nothing
They have had bags of chips and a few other things at the C club in DCA consistently from the beginning of the rollout and as recently as a few days ago. I haven't looked for them at the E club but if they were anywhere they would need to be on the side by the fire (by the sparkling water tap).
Old Nov 13, 2023, 12:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by safari ari
Im sure there are a significant number of travelers who have never heard of falafel and would appreciate the information.
chrisny2 and LovePrunes like this.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
They have had bags of chips and a few other things at the C club in DCA consistently from the beginning of the rollout and as recently as a few days ago. I haven't looked for them at the E club but if they were anywhere they would need to be on the side by the fire (by the sparkling water tap).
Can confirm that they were there yesterday! Salt and vinegar kettle chips.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by safari ari
Originally Posted by hbtr
Im sure there are a significant number of travelers who have never heard of falafel and would appreciate the information.
+1, plenty of folks transiting DCA between two cities that don't have falafel on the lunch menu.

Also, after all the "non-chickpea hummus" concoctions that people have thrown around in recent years (edamame? Pea?), I am not so sure the sign is unnecessary. It would not shock me if some "enterprising" chef started making falafel out of cauliflower or mung beans or some nonsense!
dw, sushanna1, hbtr and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.